UK totally owns the US at drinking beer!!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Drunk Injun
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Drunk Injun »

But the Finn's trump all at "sprits". If you figure the population of the Japs, and the Frogs, there are only 5 million Finns! Those are some drinking mother fuckers! Now you know how they fended off the Russkies with logs and skis!
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

How is it that the Czech Republic isn't even in that list.
I thought they were one of the tops.
You know, with inventing pilsners and all.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

The Brits diet was tea and crumpets?! Fuck sake Drunk Tank, ever heard of gin palaces? :roll: Anyway, if you guys slimmed down to our level perhaps the competition would be fair! :wink:
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:
Scotty wrote: I'm curious about the food to. No wonder them fine folk over there are skinny. I'd slit my wrist's before I would eat Haggis. I mean wtf?
Obviously you have no idea what haggis is or blood, actually called black pudding. Haggis is absolutely delicious, if it is a good one with no crappy fillers.
I've tried blood/black pudding several times. The first two times, not so good - rather dried out and flavorless. The third time was the charm -nicely moist, texture was firm but resilient. The flavor was mild but evocative. It didn't really taste like "blood". Call me a fan.

Haggis? I remember seing some small boxed up ones in a shoppe in Oxford like 8 years ago I would imagine those wouldn't be very good compared to a fresh prepared/cooked one. Remember, the haggis made with the sheep stomach contents are only served/sold to the tourists! :twisted:

As for beer, NewCastle, Bass and Old Peculiar are some of my most favorite beers in the Mundo. We cannot forget Guiness.

I would have to say that in my opin, the Beglians make the best beer.
My experience with German beers is limited so the novelty factor is high for me. I have this suspicion that for me, they would top UK beers once I got to know them.

One of my most fond beer drinking experiences was drinking Pilsner Urqell in Praha, Still a Budvar virgin though...

Lots of lovely beers out there!

Malty, who knows and has seen many fat brits
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

Goose-Wingman
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Goose-Wingman »

Why doesn't this match the spirits and beer lists?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/mor ... dis_percap

I think all that talk about the bad effects of alcohol is a bunch of lily-livered liver-bashing.

And rule, Britannia.

Messenger
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Messenger »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:The Brits diet was tea and crumpets?! Fuck sake Drunk Tank, ever heard of gin palaces? :roll: Anyway, if you guys slimmed down to our level perhaps the competition would be fair! :wink:
Yeah. Here's what Britain was like in 1751:Image
"Well, good times come and good times go. I only wish the good times would last a little longer."

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

Messenger wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:The Brits diet was tea and crumpets?! Fuck sake Drunk Tank, ever heard of gin palaces? :roll: Anyway, if you guys slimmed down to our level perhaps the competition would be fair! :wink:
My kinda place!

But how does the UK stack up with Bourbon? Hmmm?

loopus
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by loopus »

Belgium > *

Drunk Injun

Post by Drunk Injun »

Messenger wrote:
Hey, now show "beer street" from that series.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Goose-Wingman wrote:Why doesn't this match the spirits and beer lists?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/mor ... dis_percap

I think all that talk about the bad effects of alcohol is a bunch of lily-livered liver-bashing.

And rule, Britannia.
While, obviously, liquor plays the main role in liquor related liver disease mortality, I would say that availability and the advance-ness of medical treatment play almost as big a role.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Judge

Post by Judge »

dan_uk wrote:
whiskeyprick wrote:Doubles-Beer Drinking, the next Olympic sport.

I'd wager Oggar and me could take down any 2 brits you can think of.
Dude, you just gave me the most brilliant idea - the MDM Board Olympics!

I'm thinking up events as we speak, so far i've got ideas for the decathlon, the short distance races (100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m), and i'm working on the rest. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure this would be a fair contest as Oggar has been proven to be able to consume more volumn than any man I have ever seen, whereas, Mr.Prick seems to have tapped into the Higgs field and is able to manipulate gravity. I have seen him most assuredly passed out and yet still standing and able to ambulate with reasonable control when all around him were prostrate upon the street.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

JudgeLyonell wrote:
dan_uk wrote:
whiskeyprick wrote:Doubles-Beer Drinking, the next Olympic sport.

I'd wager Oggar and me could take down any 2 brits you can think of.
Dude, you just gave me the most brilliant idea - the MDM Board Olympics!

I'm thinking up events as we speak, so far i've got ideas for the decathlon, the short distance races (100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m), and i'm working on the rest. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure this would be a fair contest as Oggar has been proven to be able to consume more volumn than any man I have ever seen, whereas, Mr.Prick seems to have tapped into the Higgs field and is able to manipulate gravity. I have seen him most assuredly passed out and yet still standing and able to ambulate with reasonable control when all around him were prostrate upon the street.
that and I dont vomit. if just swilling beer I can go on for days. I don't know Higgs, but I prol slept or pissed in his field.[/i]
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

loopus wrote:Belgium > *
I like the cut of your duff.