What have been your most cringeworthy hangover moments ?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: What have been your most cringeworthy hangover moments ?

Post by Negromancer »

It was the urge for chocolate milk that eventually lured me out of my den. I don't remember drinking any booze during my exile. I think I mostly just slept.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Negroleptic wrote:After drinking on our national holiday a few years ago, I couldn't muster the strength to leave my tiny one-room apartment for two days. I kept the curtains shut and cried like a baby from the mere thought of going outside. Anxiety struck me like a bomb each time a flashback appeared. The horror truly materialized when I found a broom I had stolen resting against the door, when memories of me gargling gutteraly like a tribal warrior, wielding the broom as if it was a war trophy as I ran screaming down the streets. Vivid memories of celebratory ritualistic vomitation and cultural insensitivity ensued. My head felt like it had imploded, and the stale taste and aroma old of shrimp, red wine and guinness burnt into my palate. I don't think I could look people in the eye for weeks.

I have this reaction when I'm hung over. I need zen-like concentration to get by. If people ask me questions or comment anything I will uncontrollably vomit everywhere.
This sounds like a quest for your real self. Breaking down everything you have 'learned' during your life and redescending to what you really are. I believe that hangovers are a great experience in this sense. You should write down your experiences during such a mega-hangover. If you are able to hold a pen or use a laptop that is.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

My worst hangover moment was when I experienced nausea and began to vomit but my stomach contents seemed to be relatively dry and composed mostly of the sauerkraut that I had eaten the night before. I wretched and wretched and wretched as it came up and out. Sauerkraut mixed with vomit is bad.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

One time I woke up to find a syain on my ginedy ascot. And my kite was in a tree.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

BBoozer wrote:
This sounds like a quest for your real self. Breaking down everything you have 'learned' during your life and redescending to what you really are. I believe that hangovers are a great experience in this sense. You should write down your experiences during such a mega-hangover. If you are able to hold a pen or use a laptop that is.

Great idea!
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I was about to go on probation for 1.5 years and so I decided to have one last hurrah the night before I signed the paperwork for alcohol counseling. I stopped drinking about 2 am, drunk as hell but not worried because my meeting wasn't until 4pm the next day.

Here is a gem I learned from being on probation. Those against alcohol will say only time will process the alcohol through your system. Not true. Exercise will speed up the undrunkening process a good amount. I did not exercise as I didn't realize this at the time. I slept virtually until my appointment, took a shower and went in feeling still drunk, (but was just very hungover). My eyes were bloodshot and the lady was a bitch, asked me if I was high. I wasn't. She asked me if I'd been drinking, I said no, which was true for that day anyway.

She made me blow. It read 0.002 but because it wasn't all zeros she was a c*nt and reported me to my PO. 40 hours of community service later I learned my lesson about drinking late the night before meeting with the authorities.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

.002%? Really? 2 hundredths of 1 percent? 2 tenths of an eighth of the legal limit? One fortieth of the legal limit?

teetotaling scum.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

In college I was desperate for money and was doing a drug trial for $150 or something. We had to be there on a Saturday and had to take a breathalyzer and I failed due to the previous night's drinking. I just did not expect to have to take a breathalyzer. I had to sell a guitar to pay rent. It was devastating.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

yeah, "time" is a relative thing, it turns out, to our cells. time=metabolism for them, which is pretty much, besides the average greater weight, why dudes can process more than chicks. so while it's true that time is the only thing that can undrunk you up, it's cellular time, not clock time. which is why exercise can speed up both endrunkening and unendrunkening.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Resident Asshole wrote:I was about to go on probation for 1.5 years and so I decided to have one last hurrah the night before I signed the paperwork for alcohol counseling. I stopped drinking about 2 am, drunk as hell but not worried because my meeting wasn't until 4pm the next day.

Here is a gem I learned from being on probation. Those against alcohol will say only time will process the alcohol through your system. Not true. Exercise will speed up the undrunkening process a good amount. I did not exercise as I didn't realize this at the time. I slept virtually until my appointment, took a shower and went in feeling still drunk, (but was just very hungover). My eyes were bloodshot and the lady was a bitch, asked me if I was high. I wasn't. She asked me if I'd been drinking, I said no, which was true for that day anyway.

She made me blow. It read 0.002 but because it wasn't all zeros she was a c*nt and reported me to my PO. 40 hours of community service later I learned my lesson about drinking late the night before meeting with the authorities.
That's rough! 40 hours... ugh. You might be the winner of this depressing thread. Because of the probation that is.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Fuck the 40 hrs. service and 18 months probation. Done with that now. I sold the fast car that got me in trouble and I salute you with a Belgian Trippel. My V-max motorcycle will get me there tomorrow. Thanks spellcheck.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Belgian Trippel. Way to go, RA.

WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

I woke up in a puddle of another man's vomit. I fell downstairs to find my girlfriend and best friend boning. I had been assaulted with hair removal cream during my sleep. I went to a job interview and apologised for my lacking eyebrows, but didn't notice until afterward that the vomit was still encrusted in my beard.
I went to my local for some hair of the dog and started crying when the waitress asked me how I was. She paid for my drinks all day.

Every cloud...
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Phenom wrote:I woke up in a puddle of another man's vomit. I fell downstairs to find my girlfriend and best friend boning. I had been assaulted with hair removal cream during my sleep. I went to a job interview and apologised for my lacking eyebrows, but didn't notice until afterward that the vomit was still encrusted in my beard.
I went to my local for some hair of the dog and started crying when the waitress asked me how I was. She paid for my drinks all day.

Every cloud...
Wait, you woke up in a puddle of someone else's vomit. That's just like something a Spinal Tap drummer would do! How did this come to pass.

WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

John Barleycorn wrote:
Phenom wrote:I woke up in a puddle of another man's vomit. I fell downstairs to find my girlfriend and best friend boning. I had been assaulted with hair removal cream during my sleep. I went to a job interview and apologised for my lacking eyebrows, but didn't notice until afterward that the vomit was still encrusted in my beard.

Every cloud...
Wait, you woke up in a puddle of someone else's vomit. That's just like something a Spinal Tap drummer would do! How did this come to pass.
It was a small affair, but we were in a drinking circle, one guy chundered, everyone else ran away. I felt bad for the poor sod, stayed with him with the intention of saving his life if he started choking on his own excretion, but wound up falling asleep and at some stage rolled over into the mess...
It wasn't pretty
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski