CCC the call to arms.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: CCC the call to arms.

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Hardcore Stig wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:
Hardcore Stig wrote:Found these 2 options for apartments as a possible option, would give us a lounge for pre pub drinks or after party:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reser ... burgh.aspx

£220 for 3 people, so about £73 each

or the one I liked:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reser ... burgh.aspx

£198, sleeps 4 so about £50 each.
Good find, Stig. Last time I had trouble in booking apartments in Edinburgh once, and the idea went to the back of my mind as a result. I was also led to believe that apartments tend to request payment (or at least a downpayment) at least six weeks in advance. Maybe not?

Unfortunately, I'm tied to my hotel as the booking is non-refundable.
Just a thought, to be honesty, after last time I think it's a very good idea if we all stay in the same place or at least within falling down distance of one another. I will go with the mob though lol.

I'll be booking train tickets very soon, just need to know if the hockey game is a yes or no so I know what time to book a return.
You're absolutely right about staying together. I, for one, missed an entire day last time because my room was 20 minutes from Manchester city centre and the locals were all too keen to have me watch football and drink with them.

I'd be happy to go to the ice hockey game if it's fancied. The only issue might be train times. Sunday services are lousy at best. However, it'd be fine by me!

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Train times don;t worry me, Newcastle and Edinburgh is a good link, my ex living in that city may be of concern though as I know she used to drink in the bars we are likely to attend.

As a slight aside, do any of you smoke cigars. There's a great cigar place on the royal mile and I'm a huge fan, can;t imagine a better crowd to buy and enjoy a smoke with.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Also, whose turn is it to wake up with a booze related tattoo?

http://www.bing.com/local/default.aspx? ... &FORM=LARE

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I look forward to finding out.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Train times don;t worry me, Newcastle and Edinburgh is a good link, my ex living in that city may be of concern though as I know she used to drink in the bars we are likely to attend.

As a slight aside, do any of you smoke cigars. There's a great cigar place on the royal mile and I'm a huge fan, can;t imagine a better crowd to buy and enjoy a smoke with.
I'm liking the sound of the cigar place. I'm probably not going to be able to make it to the ice hockey game but am just going to book my flights now so will be able to confirm times etc shortly. By the way, is it easy to get from the airport to the city centre?
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

The cigar place is easy accessible as for the airport, not sure, over to Shane......

Also, really looking forward to meeting you Kowalski!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Kowalski: You'd be looking for the Airport 100, which will run from just outside the terminal. According to the BAA Edinburgh website, it runs every 10 minutes, and is only 6 miles from the Premier Inn at Haymarket. It should cost you £3.50. I will make a point of being in Edinburgh for early afternoon on the 21st. Looking forward to meeting you!

Stig: Can't go wrong with cigars. Boozy was kind enough to bring some last time; we'll be spoilt for choice this time.

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

I was intending to get to Edinburg around noon so I'll be there too, tie in with Boozy who is also flying in,.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Slight change of plan - am now arriving by train at around 2pm on the Friday. It might be interesting to visit this place http://www.scotlandwhisky.com/distiller ... lenkinchie on Saturday - I think this has already been suggested?
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Great to hear, kowalski! Yes, there was brief mention of a visit to the Glenkinchie distillery, and it remains an option. I'd like to visit it myself, and since Boozy is no late sleeper, we could probably make the visit without impinging on Saturday's drinking time.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Man, I think this is a fucking awesome thing you guys got going on. If I had the money and international clearance I would party with you fucks.
I would expect nothing less of you than to return home with a black eye, an STD, a tattoo, and a two day hangover.
And the tat should be an MDM tat, I mean remember what brought you hopelessly fucked drunkards together in the first place, right?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Same here. When I have money, I will come to the CCC. This year I need to have different priorities. But drink one on me!
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Ok, I'll be landing at 16:50 on Friday.
Depending on how long it takes to grab the shuttle, I should normally be ready for a beer around 18:00.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Hey...you guys have fun...unfortunately, October's a big work month for me.

Drink a lot of Guinness and scotch, willya?

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I've been greatly busy and I find myself in bit of a dilemma here. Thing is that I got a job and I'm working my ass off, BUT the paycheck will be landing just like week before this drinking to excess takes place. I'll try and see if someone around the hoods is willing to lend me the money for time being someday soon. For now I'll be working double hours and drinking cheaper liquer.

Live safe in knowledge I'm doing everything humanely possible to make it there folks.

Cheers