COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 pm
The media had been pressing the health department in my city to be more specific with their statistics. They finally revealed that half the deaths in San Diego county from COVID-19 were in nursing homes. I don't know why they would have whithheld that for so long when they've been releasing race statistics.
To stir the pot and wind people up like they always do.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 pm
I would imagine that when they allow bars to open up they will require social distancing there, too. So I'm not going to walk in and take up a barstool by myself.
Oh honey, bar stools are MEANT for us to take up one. At least at the bar, we aren't hogging a "precious table".
Get on in there with your bad self. Just keep in mind that dancing with random strangers might be prohibited unless you are wearing a mask or the Leslie Nielsen body condom.

(Preferred method of sex during coronavirus times)

Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

GODDAMB! The steaks are expensive AF. Everything there was up at $17, 18, 19. I got a boneless ribeye on sale for $11.99 a pound.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I go to get gas Friday at Speedway, the pump won't take my card so I have to go inside. No big deal, it's happened before. So I go in and there are 3 registers but no one is there. I'm waiting, and nobody is working. Then a "lady" comes up behind me in line with a coffee and an armful of snacks and shit and she is behind me but i can tell she gets too close. I mean close like even before virus times close, like I think one of the Honeybuns in her clutch touched my back. So I turned to her and said PLEASE and gestured to the front of the line.
"Oh can I go in front of you?
'"PLEASE" I said and gestured again so she goes and puts all her shit down on the counter at the middle cash register, not even noticing my sarcasm. I stand on the X on the floor 6 feet back.
After awhile a dude finally comes out of the back room, wearing a mask but obviously eating something, probably a piece of pizza or one of them hot dogs that they get for free after it has over rolled over 50 miles on the roller grill. He stands at the register on the left and mumbles something through his hot dog filled mask covered mouth. The "lady" looks at him "What?" He mumbles something again and she says "What?" this goes on for a bit and finally I said "I think he wants you to move to that register".
So she grabs up all her candy and potato chips and honeybuns and coffee and 15 hazelnut flavored creamers (because they're free) and moves it all to the register on the left (2 trips). Then she needs a pack of Marlboros, no not that one the green one, no the seafoam green ones, no not those the 100's, then of course she has to have scratch off tickets, "What number ticket is the next Lucky Doubler?"
Then her 350 pound 30 year old dependent son comes up and he's all pissed because he can't refill his 2 gallon refill cup with Mountain Dew at the fountain drink thing so he has to get 2 of the 64 ounce Big Gulps. So she adds that to her order and then wants to pay $2.67 off of this card and the rest in pennies.
I am a patient boy (I wait I wait I wait I wait). My time is water down the drain. But times like this make me glad I do not exercise my right to carry a concealed weapon all the time. Some people deserve to be shot on sight.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hhahahahaha poor Thirsty. This why I always carry a flamethrower.

Aren`t the 100s what sluts and hores smoke?
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Some people are dumb as shit and make no effort to put any amount of space between you and them.
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:36 am
he's all pissed because he can't refill his 2 gallon refill cup with Mountain Dew at the fountain drink thing so he has to get 2 of the 64 ounce Big Gulps.
This got me thinking...why can you not go into a store and fill your own massive container with beer yourself but you can get all the soda, which I believe is worse for you than beer, that you can carry?

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

scream ale wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:03 pm

This got me thinking...why can you not go into a store and fill your own massive container with beer yourself but you can get all the soda, which I believe is worse for you than beer, that you can carry?
There is a Shell gas station near here that has a growler refill station inside. It's pretty cool, they have about 12 taps of different local brews. But you have to get an attendant to fill it for you, which I kinda understand, there are Oettinger types out there who would just open the tap straight into his mouth.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ There used to be an APlus near my house that offered growler fills. Nothing terribly special. Then one day it was just gone. Strange shit. As long as they don't take away my 30 packs of Genny I'll be ok.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Meanwhile in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Minnesota, bars and restaurants are slated for a soft opening on June 1st. How soft is soft? Outdoor patio and dining service only while limited to 25% capacity.

This announcement comes from the Great Leader after many bars and restaurants invested heavily in social distancing measures, including the affront of those ridiculous plexiglass dividers between patrons-- although granted, there have been times in drinking's past when I would have appreciated a transparent riot shield between myself and the loudmouthed jagbomb swiller sitting next to me.

But look at it this way... 25% is better than 0%.

Also, folks are going to be extra fun and nutty for having endured two months of quarantine on the tail end of their winter time cabin fever. It's a good time to be single, just sayin'.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Everybody run. The homecoming queen has got a gun.
like tears in rain

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Management at work is cracking down again on face masks. They told us that there has been a spike in sick employees in Arizona and California, and they imply that it is related to the loosening of restrictions. They are also implying that we could face disciplinary action if we take the masks off, but most of us take them off anyway. It's a physically demanding job that drives your breathing rate up. They do, however, hand us a mask and tell us to put it on during the pre-shift meeting.

My favorite dive bar posted on Facebook that they are open again, but I think I'll wait another week before going in. Are any of you guys back in your favorite bars again? If so, how many times?

In February/March, before the whole pandemic thing took the USA by storm, I was cutting back on going out to bars because that is the time of year I usually get sick. I always wondered if it was related to sitting in bars. I did not get sick this year. Reason number 622 to stay out of bars.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:27 pm

In February/March, before the whole pandemic thing took the USA by storm, I was cutting back on going out to bars because that is the time of year I usually get sick. I always wondered if it was related to sitting in bars. I did not get sick this year. Reason number 622 to stay out of bars.
It`s all B.S.

Plane everyone? I`ll ride a plane and not die
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nail salons opened today. The one next to my grocery store had a line half way down the block, and every station inside was in use, as if they had hired extra manicurists just for opening day. All the people on the sidewalk were filling out forms swearing to god above that they had no covid19 symptoms.

Still no spray cleaners available. Paper towels and toilet paper still low. This shit has been going on for three months now! Will it ever end?

The canned foods were stocked back up, though. There were even canned peaches on clearance sale. (The price rang up higher than the tag at the shelf, but I didn't want to contest it.)

All this shit still bothers me. Shouldn't I be used to it by now? I'm just as anxious now as I was when they first issued the stay at home order and all the toilet paper disappeared. It feels like a post-apocalyptic world to me. Me and my 55-year-old broken back don't stand a chance in a Mad Max world devoid of toilet paper and spray cleaner.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:10 am
It`s all B.S.
You nailed it motherfucker!