What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 am

That definitely applies in USA, from its lowliest dive bars to its swankiest clubs. I would add to it, specifically for USA anyway, sports such as football, boxing and MMA fights. USA is a drunken, fighting lot.

Maybe if we limit people going to churches and bars for a while we can stop the spread of the virus. But even that assumes that it's necessary to stop this virus more than the cold and flu viruses that ravage us every year.

I know it's hard to trust them, they've done us dirty so many times before. But I'm going to be patient and trusting, for this little while at least, and let them handle this the way they want to. If they drag it out - well, who knows. It could get nasty. There are some that want us back to work now, there are some that want us locked down for a long fucking time. Hopefully somebody in between will get it right.

For now I'm gonna enjoy my solitary drinking.
- Don`t forget the shooting ranges

- The christ virus is much more sinister and deep down in people`s brains, and asses if catholic

- No No No, don`t be dumb

- Yes yes yes, solitary drink
Drink!

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

With all this talk of Everclear, we need to clarify what proof you are talking about. There was a time when that shit would come at 190 proof. Last I heard it had gone to 151. Bacardi 151, the famed "Bat Attack", has been discontinued. So what are we looking at? Have you guys covered this in the past?

BTW, referring back to the Rum Running plans we have put forward, we need a deck mounted high caliber weapon. Like 'ol Papa Hemingway had when he was steadying his sea legs and patrolling the waters off of Florida. Of course, they would only be used to turn back piratous scum or in cases of extreme boredom. We would also need a high powered pellet gun to handle the bilge rats and maintain our stock of food. Thoughts?
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Friends once got me laboratory alcohol that was about 95 percent pure. That was a nice practice on your gag-reflects
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My drink starts with "v" doesn`t contain vitamins and obviously doesn`t rhyme with milk
Drink!

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

oettinger wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 pm
Friends once got me laboratory alcohol that was about 95 percent pure. That was a nice practice on your gag-reflects
That's the stuff. Get some Maraschino, drain the liquid, steep them in 190 proof for 24 hours or so. I only had like 5 and the world went into slow motion.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:46 am
oettinger wrote:
That's the stuff. Get some Maraschino, drain the liquid, steep them in 190 proof for 24 hours or so. I only had like 5 and the world went into slow motion.
Cherry Bombs. We did them with Everclear or moonshine when we could get it.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Sazeracs, since I finally broke down and purchased a decently priced absinthe, Mephisto Absinthe Classique. Fortunately, the cheapness shouldn't matter much as I only need it for the recipe's "rinse". It's not bad, the bitters and absinthe kind of hang on the tongue in a not-unpleasant aftertaste. There's also a cool sweetness to it.

I can dig it, I don't mind it. Maybe once I'm comfortable with this drink, I'll up the ante on some of the ingredients.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

oettinger wrote:
My fear of that stuff is that I wouldn't know where the heads, hearts and tails were and I'd end up Ray Charles'ing it through life.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:46 pm
I'd end up Ray Charles'ing it through life.
You'd end up a blind piano singer? That's intense.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:26 am
With all this talk of Everclear, we need to clarify what proof you are talking about. There was a time when that shit would come at 190 proof...
It still does, but I find myself driving to Wisconsin in order to obtain it. A handle goes for $40 which comes out to less than $10 per absolutely-shitfaced serving. Makes a great solvent for certain extracts. And you can use it to make a specialty shot called the Flaming Planters Cheese Ball that can also be used to start the sails of enemy vessels on fire.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Sazeracs, since I finally broke down and purchased a decently priced absinthe, Mephisto Absinthe Classique. Fortunately, the cheapness shouldn't matter much as I only need it for the recipe's "rinse". It's not bad, the bitters and absinthe kind of hang on the tongue in a not-unpleasant aftertaste. There's also a cool sweetness to it.

I can dig it, I don't mind it. Maybe once I'm comfortable with this drink, I'll up the ante on some of the ingredients.
I had my first sazerac at a bar about 3 days before they closed them down. Lucky timing.

The drink was nice, but it reinforced in me that I'm not a cocktail guy.

I would rather have a straight whiskey, which also happens to be a lot easier to fix up!

And yeah, the 190 Everclear is the one I'm talking about. News to me that there's a 151 -- more apt slate for cocktail making, I suppose.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

You had me at Everclear, blind drunk, and Cheese Balls.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheap beer for me. Cheers to making it halfway through the week.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Beefeater and homemade tonic.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »