What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Lush City »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 am
Lush City wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:55 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:48 pm
Which one of you guys told me never to drink Everclear by itself? I saw a bottle of it on the counter of the liquor store - I had thought that it was illegal in California. I might give it a go.

It's another Franzia night. This makes nine weekends in a row without going to a bar, tying my record back in the summer of 2018 when I was recovering from surgery. How many more weekends is this lockdown gonna last? What if it breaks me of my bar habit permanently? Nah, I don't even desire to eliminate bars. I just want to cut back on how often I go and how stupid I act when I'm there.
This is what irritates me the most about this loss of freedom is the closing of local watering holes. This is the very heart of culture. They are ripping it out. Now you don't have to be religious to see they are doing the same thing to Christians that choose to celebrate the most important feast day of their liturgical year, that is Easter Sunday and the resurrection of Christ. This is guaranteed in the 1st A along with freedom of speech. Where is the clause in the Constitution that says all bets are off in the event of an epidemic? They get to pull our rights? The right to make a living? I could rant for an hour.
Hemingway said if you want to know a place, don't visit it's city centers or churches, spend a night drinking it its bars. That definitely applies in USA, from its lowliest dive bars to its swankiest clubs. I would add to it, specifically for USA anyway, sports such as football, boxing and MMA fights. USA is a drunken, fighting lot.

There was some goddamb thing that popped up on my Facebook about lockdowns in other countries where the people just aren't having it. Turkey, I remember, and then it might have been India or Pakistan where the police are literally trying to whip people into compliance. Why are Americans taking this so meekly? Well, Lush, maybe it's the right thing to do. Maybe if we limit people going to churches and bars for a while we can stop the spread of the virus. But even that assumes that it's necessary to stop this virus more than the cold and flu viruses that ravage us every year. But this covid19 thing is something new. Can you, just for a short, brief, time - try to trust that the guys in government are trying to do the right thing? I know it's hard to trust them, they've done us dirty so many times before. But I'm going to be patient and trusting, for this little while at least, and let them handle this the way they want to. If they drag it out - well, who knows. It could get nasty. There are some that want us back to work now, there are some that want us locked down for a long fucking time. Hopefully somebody in between will get it right.

For now I'm gonna enjoy my solitary drinking.
Sorry to hear all that. We have to plead with these pocket dictators to give us our rights back? Already there are demonstrations all across the country because people are being ruined. We are under the control of unelected bureaucrats, CDC, with the permission of the President has a choke hold on the entire economy. If Red China had not quarantined 50million of its own people, we would never have thought of such a thing. The numbers don't justify this overreaction. America is on it's back because of self inflicted wounds. The CDC gets it's marching orders from the WHO which is the UN. It's pure communism we are falling under right now and you better get some balls and wake up now. It's already too late but they are coming for your rights and whatever wealth you have managed to accumulate. All these folks you are placing your blind faith upon are all corrupt. You need to read about Fauci. The party is over folks! Get your drinks while you still can...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Pounding the vodkamins since morning
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Cheap bourbon, cheap beer, thick bacon, wild eggs, and 60°F means I'm gonna grill later

in my chonies.

it's friggin hawt out!!! Something new to bitch about huh

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Vella Delicious Red.

This makes 10 weekends in a row without going to a bar. It's the longest I've gone without a bar since my days of grinding poverty back in the 1990's. But even when this lockdown is lifted, I'm going to wait before hitting the bars back up again. I'm not going to want to listen to all the stay-at-home stories from everybody being repeated ad nauseum for that first week.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Too much sleep and food again. The wine ain't cutting it. Time to pour the whiskey. It'll be a hell of a hangover tomorrow, but I gotta get fucked up right now.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Double bourbon no ice. This is what I needed for the better part of the day.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Labatt Blue with Black Velvet on ice. You do what ye must do.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Back to the Kentucky Deluxe. It tastes not so good. FAQ.

Gotta get over the hump and then I'll be good.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

BAHAHA! When I saw your name on the front page in this thread, I said, "I wonder if he's gone back to the KD."

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hugh wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:51 pm
BAHAHA! When I saw your name on the front page in this thread, I said, "I wonder if he's gone back to the KD."
Most appropriate for a rotgut brother to call that one!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

And now it's not so bad! I'm remembering how this works...

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

2/3 Tequila Añjeo, 1/3 Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. In a snifter. It is a maddeningly delicious combination.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I'm finally back in competing shape.

It took about a week for my body to recover from whatever the hell I did last Sunday, but the bar is full and I'm back at it, with a Manhattan in one hand and a Vodka lemonade on my mind.

Soldiering on.

I still look like Tom Hanks after he got blowed up in The Burbs, but... Cheers!
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

A little bourbon at the moment. Some rye on deck. Cheers!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hamm's for now, will pour the Kessler later. The drinks of the impoverished! Getting an early start - it's only 2:30 in the afternoon.