What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Nausea »

Leftover Glendalough and it's terrible.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

There’s a beautiful state park in north central Minnesota named Glendalough. They don’t allow alcoholic beverages inside state parks, which is basically like saying "I dare you to drink that dirty kilt flavored crap here".
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Beer with a little bourbon. Let the good times roll motherfuckers!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Evan williams neat is a wonderful thing

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Ten High.

It's, like, my new favorite thing. Goes down easy, yields functional hangovers, and has an incredible cost-effectiveness.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

They got me. I picked up a sixer of Hellcat which is a collaboration between Brewdog and Iron Maiden. I don't even like Brewdog. I had low hopes for this I didn't care much for the other two Maiden brews I tried. But this American pale lager isn't terrible. 6% alcohol and fairly light bodied. Canned at the end of August or so the bottom of the can tells me. Buying a beer solely because you like the band's name on it isn't the brightest move. But that's ok cause I'm not terribly bright. Cheers goddamnit.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 pm
They got me. I picked up a sixer of Hellcat which is a collaboration between Brewdog and Iron Maiden. I don't even like Brewdog. I had low hopes for this I didn't care much for the other two Maiden brews I tried. But this American pale lager isn't terrible. 6% alcohol and fairly light bodied. Canned at the end of August or so the bottom of the can tells me. Buying a beer solely because you like the band's name on it isn't the brightest move. But that's ok cause I'm not terribly bright. Cheers goddamnit.
I would have put my mortgage on that being shite hah. did you try "the trooper" that was a fucking mess of a beer!
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The trooper was...not so good.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

High Life and Whiskey

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

ice cold pint cans of grolsch lager beer....this one i pulled from the freezer just in the nick of time...it's not frozen up, but a few tiny ice crystals have started to form....fucking heaven.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm
the worst of the worst of British beer....i feel like all the stuff they send over to the states seems to be shite...we do make decent beer I promise.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I’m waiting for the Brewdog/ Guns N’ Roses collaboration: Nightrain Quintuple IPA brewed with rose petals and greasy, old axles.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Brewdog & Guns N Roses should make a Nightrain fortefied barleywine. It would at least funny.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:19 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm
the worst of the worst of British beer....i feel like all the stuff they send over to the states seems to be shite...we do make decent beer I promise.
Hellcat was brewed in the U.S. What are some decent British beers to keep an eye out for should something make it to a store near me?

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

my favorite breweries are Verdant, Cloudwater, Deya, Northern Monk, Track, and probably Buxton when they're on their best form.

With British beer though you get a split between craft beer and real ale, the breweries I mentioned before are all craft breweries and make similar style beer to US craft brewers...when they make IPA they make American style IPA...be it east coast, west coast, dipa, tipa, etc

Real ale refers to more traditional British beer styles and the breweries that make it...if you have had Boddingtons or Tetleys then that is a common style (albeit a terrible example of a good ale) I think it would be hard for you to get good real ale just as it is usually the best stuff is super local stuff. You may well find an American beer brewed to that style from what I hear...do you ever see cask beer available?

Still though the most popular style of beer in the UK is Euro lager