Stein!!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Stein!!

Post by Combat Rock »

Is that how you spell it? Anyway, one of my bestest buddys just got back from Germany, right? I helped his wife a little bit while he was gone, so in appreciation, he brought me a stein back!! Funny thing is, it's basically the bust of a lady. I mean, it looks like someone took St. Pauly girl and removed everything below the waist, both arms, and replaced her head with a lid. I have yet to try it out.

He also said that beer was cheaper than bottled water over there, so it's about all he drank. He has a great picture of him on a ferry with a beer in each hand at 10am. I want to move.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

zin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by zin »

Yeah beer can be dirt cheap in germany. I live a few miles from there so now and then someone at work goes over there to shop and always comes back with shitloads of beer

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

donno if u r into it, zin but congrats to the Swedish speedway team. they came from behind to take the speedway world cup tonight. great drink viewing!
mine's a pint

zin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by zin »

No I'm not into that at all accually. I never got the whole deal with motorsports, all I see is <insert your vehicle here> going round and round and round and round and.... you know :)
The only sports I watch are sumo wrestling, table tennis and world cup soccer

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

have you ever seen an Asian game called Kabaddi(?) its a very complex version of tag. highly entertaining :lol:
mine's a pint

zin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by zin »

Hm no that doesn't ring any bells at all, I'll ask google

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

i dunno if thats how you spell it :?
mine's a pint

Souse
Souse

Post by Guest »

thirsty4beer wrote:have you ever seen an Asian game called Kabaddi(?) its a very complex version of tag. highly entertaining :lol:
Is this Kabaddi? Some few years ago, the New Yorker had a short piece on the halftime entertainment at a football game someplace in SE Asia. Seems that two figures appeared, one at each end of the stadium, one blindfolded and costumed like a large hole, and one blindfolded and costumed like a large pole. The intensity of the crowd's cheers guided them toward one another and finally, together, where their coupling was applauded in a crescendo of roars. Those crazy Asians!

Souse
Souse

Post by Guest »

thirsty4beer wrote:have you ever seen an Asian game called Kabaddi(?) its a very complex version of tag. highly entertaining :lol:
Is this Kabaddi? Some few years ago, the New Yorker had a short piece on the halftime entertainment at a football game someplace in SE Asia. Seems that two figures appeared, one at each end of the stadium, one blindfolded and costumed like a large hole, and one blindfolded and costumed like a large pole. The intensity of the crowd's cheers guided them toward one another and finally, together, where their coupling was applauded in a crescendo of roars. Those crazy Asians!

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Stein!!

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Combat Rock wrote:Is that how you spell it?
Ja wohl. :wink:

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Danke, Frau Bondage.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

The only sport I like watching is curling.

It is somewhat like the quiet regular at the end of the bar: Everyone knows he's there but he never speaks to anyone. Still, he knows he could drink any of the other guests under the table.

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

carls wrote:Still, he knows he could drink any of the other guests under the table.
But, he doesn't really care.