White Castle

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

White Castle

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Here's a topic that should produce both tender memories and fear in the hearts of any drunkard familiar with this establishment.
For those few lucky souls that are not familiar with White Castle (known as Krystal in the southern US) this place has some of the best drunk food known to man. However, the human body has a love/hate relationship with these tender morsels of hamburger heaven.
We don't have them where I live in Wisconsin :cry: but when but when I lived in Louisville, KY after a night of heavy drinking I would always crave a sack of cheese burgers and an order of cheese fries from White Castle. They were always absolutely delicious to the drunken palate and the place would always be packed at 3 a.m. with people in all imagineable states of intoxication. However, the next morning my ass would have a craving for the toilet and my colon would feel like it's trying to pass a watermelon. Not to mention the gas you have the entire next day. I'm talking about farts so foul that they strike the fear of god in any human being within a 10 ft. blast radius and possibly (with the right atmospheric conditions) kill a small household pet.
Screw the consequences.......this place is a must stop following night at the bar. Just be sure to stock up on toilet paper.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

mmmmm...... slider's from white castle. we ate there alot in detroit, can't say we ever considered the food good though... come to think of it, don't know why we ate it and still reminisce as though we enjoyed it.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I only ate there a few times while undrunk. I have to say that I didn't enjoy the food as much without my trusty friend alcohol.
I guess some foods just taste so much better following a hard night of heavy drinking. It's just one of the mysteries of the universe I guess.
Stephen King

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

the place is fucking awesome. definatly designed for the drunken bastard.
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Seenoevil, I believe you must be Grumpy Old Man's doppelganger. You two should get together some time to discuss the state of your bowels. TMI for my delicate self right now, I'm afraid.
like tears in rain

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

I'm not even sure if White Castle can legally be called "meat". It's more like beef-flavored grase on bread.

Still, 'tis tasty.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Like a late night donner kebab, then?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Palinka wrote:Like a late night donner kebab, then?
Not really, that implies there's something in the "food" which would allow it to stick to a skewer...

They actually have a product called "chicken rings" - like onion rings, but presumably made from powdered chicken.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

last time we drunkenly ordered a six pack of these morsels, we woke to find four, unopened in the bag, just inside the door the next morning, and yet we still were afflicted with the maladies you describe.
killed a twelve just to watch it die

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I think Ky. is the only state with both WC and Krystal, and that might only be in Bowling Green. I can only eat and survive the WC if I've drank nothing but beer, not even undrunk.

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

I get white castle every time I go to the city (they have plenty in nyc). Great stuff. I love them more than life itself! Down about 8-10 in one sitting.

They are not good on the stomach - hence the knicknames: murder burger, sliders (yeah, I know its also because they are nice and greased up), etc..... they have some great laxative qualities to them.
-Andrew

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a side effect from these tasty little burgers. After Savage Swiller's post I was getting a little worried.
Stephen King

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Chicken rings are simply wrongheaded.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Here we call them "gut bombs." Although the last Krystal in these parts closed down a few years ago. I miss sitting in the Krystal at 3 am, the only white guy in the place, comparing tattoos with the thugs and waiting for my order of a dozen krystal chicks and a dozen pups (small chili dogs). Go home, smoke a bowl with the drunke roomates, eat a ton of fake food, wake up smelly but happy.
stop thinking start drinking

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mad Scientist »

Joe Twelvepack wrote:Here we call them "gut bombs." Although the last Krystal in these parts closed down a few years ago. I miss sitting in the Krystal at 3 am, the only white guy in the place, comparing tattoos with the thugs and waiting for my order of a dozen krystal chicks and a dozen pups (small chili dogs). Go home, smoke a bowl with the drunke roomates, eat a ton of fake food, wake up smelly but happy.
Sounds like a good time to me... always up for sparking a bowl. Though I won't take this as a stunning endorsement for WC, I've seen people eat some fucked up things after smoking sessions... Tostitos Salsa con Queso cheese dip on twizzlers, homemade chili on an ice cream sandwich... just to name a few.
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone