Bailey's Mini Bottles

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Bailey's Mini Bottles

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Anybody seen the adds for the new Baileys Mini bottles? What kind of shit is that? Yeah, can you charge me extra for getting less booze? Thanks a lot. What stroke of marketing genius was that. I can imagine the surveys they most have done, "Yeah, I love drinking, but the bottles are so big, If only I could get small ones, like my liver" Obviously they didn't check with any of us first.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

bella
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by bella »

Yeah, they keep them in the place where your eggs go in the fridge.. Who ever buys these is a joke!
me loves the voddie

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Over here they have been on sale for ages, strangely they are dead cheap.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

My female friends buy them they are small but sometimes you don't want a lot and thay are easier to carry aroound then a big bottle.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I hate mini anything. I hate mini-bars. I hate those mini bottles they give you on airports. I mean come on, it would 10 of those to do me any justice. I hate mini things.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

LuckyStrikes wrote:I hate mini anything. I hate mini-bars. I hate those mini bottles they give you on airports. I mean come on, it would 10 of those to do me any justice. I hate mini things.
I always thought mini-me was kinda cute.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

Just changing the subject ever-so-slightly but does anyone know the new law changes in connection with pub opening hours in England?

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

stepheybaby wrote:Just changing the subject ever-so-slightly but does anyone know the new law changes in connection with pub opening hours in England?
Mini more hours?
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

No I think that they may be increasin the hours.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

I do recall hearing about that a ew months ago. Perhaps going to no closing time on the theory that if you don't have to stop drinking at a certain time you'll be more likely to not binge and drink as much as you can before closing time.

On the other hand, Buffalo (NY) is thinking about rolling closing time back to 2:00am from 4:00am. Too much crime and rowdieness from2:00-4:00. Also trying to save $ by cutting bakc on police services during those hours

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

LuckyStrikes wrote:I hate mini anything. I hate mini-bars. I hate those mini bottles they give you on airports. I mean come on, it would 10 of those to do me any justice. I hate mini things.
what about midgets, i mean, you can't the wee people, you can fantasize about them, but you can't hate 'em.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

jerryg wrote:I do recall hearing about that a ew months ago. Perhaps going to no closing time on the theory that if you don't have to stop drinking at a certain time you'll be more likely to not binge and drink as much as you can before closing time.

On the other hand, Buffalo (NY) is thinking about rolling closing time back to 2:00am from 4:00am. Too much crime and rowdieness from2:00-4:00. Also trying to save $ by cutting bakc on police services during those hours
If you go to the city coucil meeting to protest make sure not to be too drunk, and take as many drinkers as you can find with you...
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Well, I don't actually live in Bflo, but if it's getting near closing time I can make it over the Erie County line and still have another hour or so.

The people in Bflo DO like to drink...maybe we should all move there. Public opinion seems to be mixed. bar owners (and drunks) mostly against. Strangely, the Bufflao PD & Erie County Sheriff have been criticized for not making enough arrests at their DUI roadblocks in comparison with the rest of the country. Buffalo is a very drunk-friendly place.

Oh, yeah, some bars still have DOUBLE HAPPY HOUR. On Monday and Tusday (maybe even Wed) it gets slow after midnight or so, so they have happy hour AGAIN form 1 or 2:00am 'til close!!!!! Of course if you were there for happy hour the first time around you probably aren't still there, but a lot of people don't go out until 2:00.

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

jerryg wrote: Oh, yeah, some bars still have DOUBLE HAPPY HOUR. On Monday and Tusday (maybe even Wed) it gets slow after midnight or so, so they have happy hour AGAIN form 1 or 2:00am 'til close!!!!! Of course if you were there for happy hour the first time around you probably aren't still there, but a lot of people don't go out until 2:00.
Double happy hour is one the coolest things I have heard about in a LONG time. I wish we had something like that here. You can bet your drink I'd be there for both of them!
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

I've seen bars that had double happy hours, but they were from 7 am - 10 or 11 am and then at the normal evening time. In places with lots of third shift workers. Makes sense to me.
stop thinking start drinking