Bailey's Mini Bottles

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Yeah, Buffalo is a shot an' a beer town (or maybe 2 shots and a beer) The 4:00 am close is a rust belt hold-over from the days that the auto plants, steel mills, etc. were going fast & furious 24/7. Now it's more of a chance for people who don't have jobs to while away their time. Still, why have closing time at all?? The magic of the marketplace, pure capitalism. Let the bars stay open as long as they want. The ones that make money at the wee hours will stay open, the ones that don't willl close at 12:00 or 2:00 or whatever, just like now-not all stay open 'til 4:00.

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

hold on. im on monster right now. looking for jobs in buffalo! :twisted:
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

zombiewoff
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by zombiewoff »

My local watering hole used to have double happy hours. The first was from 5-7:00 pm and the second was from 10:00 to 11:00 pm. That was great!! Now they have happy hour (prices) all day long, 7 days a week so thats kinda like they now have no happy hour. I'm starting to get confused...
If you were my midget, I'd treat you like a princess.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

zombiewoff wrote:My local watering hole used to have double happy hours. The first was from 5-7:00 pm and the second was from 10:00 to 11:00 pm. That was great!! Now they have happy hour (prices) all day long, 7 days a week so thats kinda like they now have no happy hour. I'm starting to get confused...
Where is this bar? Happy hour everyday? What town is this? Sounds like a good vacation spot.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

My favorite bar in Denver has 2 Happy Hours on at the 5pm-8pm and another 10pm-12am. Actually you just get 1 reg price and a chip for a free one so you can pretty easilt drink though both because the chips are good til close. The Park Tavern, it's the best neighborhood bar ever.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

*singing*leaving on a jet plane,dont know if i'll be back again.....

by the way, oggar how long is denver from the UK?? :wink:
mine's a pint

zombiewoff
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by zombiewoff »

LuckyStrikes wrote:
zombiewoff wrote:My local watering hole used to have double happy hours. The first was from 5-7:00 pm and the second was from 10:00 to 11:00 pm. That was great!! Now they have happy hour (prices) all day long, 7 days a week so thats kinda like they now have no happy hour. I'm starting to get confused...
Where is this bar? Happy hour everyday? What town is this? Sounds like a good vacation spot.
It's in southern Colorado, USA; the name of the place is "My Brothers Place" which can be very handy. Can get out of a lot of unwanted things by saying that I have to get over to my brothers to help out with a few things-namely to help empty kegs and bottles. :twisted:
If you were my midget, I'd treat you like a princess.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

thirsty4beer wrote:*singing*leaving on a jet plane,dont know if i'll be back again.....

by the way, oggar how long is denver from the UK?? :wink:
Only two more time zones after you cross the Atlantic. 8)
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.