My kinda band

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

My kinda band

Post by Combat Rock »

This is what I'm doing after I have to go to my alcohol class....
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/educati ... etail.html
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Jeeze, more booze news...

Britain sinks in beer drinking league

Rebecca Allison
Monday March 17, 2003
The Guardian

As the British love affair with wine continues to blossom, the beer-swilling stereotype of old appears to be fading.
Boozy Britons may still rank as some of the world's most avid alcohol drinkers, consuming more wine than ever and importing more wine than anywhere else in the world, but according to research published today they fall way behind in the race for the title of biggest beer consumers.

The Czech Republic, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Belgium have all come out ahead of Britain in pint-for-pint comparisons worldwide.

Britons over 15 drank an average of 228 pints each in 2002, compared with 326 pints in the Czech Republic and an Irish tally of 300, according to the survey by the independent market analyst Datamonitor.

Australia, often associated with vast amounts of beer drinking, also emerged a lot more abstemious than might be expected, with an annual consumption of 176 pints a head.

But British drinkers still emerge as some of the biggest spenders in the world where the traditional pint is concerned.

Last year Britons spent £19.7bn on beer - the equivalent of £341 each. The Irish and Norwegians were the only nationalities to be ranked higher than the British in terms of expenditure per head, with individuals shelling out £814 and £417 respectively.

Norway emerged as the most expensive place to buy beer, with a pint costing £3.52, just ahead of Malaysia at £3.29, and Japan at £2.84.

Britain was the eighth most expensive place in the world to indulge a penchant for a pint with the average price last year hovering at £1.87.

Datamonitor analyst John Band said high prices in Britain were largely explained by taxes and the existence of a strong pub culture.

At least 73% of British beer is drunk in pubs, where prices are always higher than supermarkets or off licences. In the US just 27% of beer is consumed in bars, and even in France the figure is only 40%.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Irish came top of the league in the stout drinking stakes, with 134 pints drunk per head of population last year.

All other countries were left trailing, with the British coming relatively closest to emulating their neighbours by downing a mere seven pints each in 2002, averaged across the whole population.

But Irish efforts are expected to be eclipsed by South Africa within three years.

Last year, the report said, the Irish drank 269m litres of stout, but with sales falling it predicted a figure of 243m litres by 2006. The volume of stout sold in South Africa is expected to rise from 177m litres to 249m litres over the same period.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: My kinda band

Post by Mad Scientist »

Combat Rock wrote:This is what I'm doing after I have to go to my alcohol class....
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/educati ... etail.html
"Those ticketed will not participate in Saturday's performance at the State Fair in Pueblo and must attend alcohol education counseling. "

Oh man, that's really gonna show those band kids the evils of alcohol... and why do I feel that "alcohol education counseling" probably doesn't teach you what you really want to know about boozing? They should rename that shit, it's misleading.
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If we Scots could get proper devolution then you'd see a difference. We'd leave the world standing in our dust in the drinking leagues. But, no. We get lumped in with the English. For shame. Let us shine.
Let my people go!!!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Gasp! :o College kids drinking! Whoulda Thunk it?

Really, isn't there anything else police could do with their time. Like catch actual criminals?
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Sorry too many words. Maybe i'll look when i am soberer(is that a real word :?: )
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

"This is not an official band event, in any way, shape or form."

You'd think he'd be embarrassed to admit it.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

They confiscated the beer AND the fireworks! Pigs.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Those crazy Denver kids do us proud once again!

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Frankennietzsche wrote:They confiscated the beer AND the fireworks! Pigs.
Lucky would never stand for that.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!