chris penn.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

chris penn.

Post by **** »

25 January 2006
Chris Penn: 1965-2006

Actor Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn and star of such films as Reservoir Dogs and Mulholland Falls, was found dead Tuesday at a condominium in Santa Monica; he was 40. Few details were released surrounding Penn's death late Tuesday afternoon, though sources reported there were no signs of foul play, and an autopsy was to be conducted to determine the cause of death. A spokesperson for the Penn family confirmed the actor's passing and released a statement saying that Penn's family "would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time." The son of director Leo Penn and actress Eileen Ryan, Penn was the younger brother of Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn and musician Michael Penn, and began his acting career in the early 80s, appearing in such films as Rumble Fish, All the Right Moves, and Footloose; he appeared alongside his brother in the 1986 film At Close Range. Penn went on to specialize in working-class character roles, achieving fame for his portrayal of Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs as well as such films as Short Cuts, The Funeral (for which he received an Independent Spirit Award nomination), and Mulholland Falls. Most recently, he appeared in the film version of Starsky & Hutch as well as episodes of TV series Entourage and Everwood, and his latest film, The Darwin Awards, was slated for a premiere Wednesday night at the Sundance Film Festival. --Prepared by IMDb Staff
sad. the man was underrated.

gthevinoslinger
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: chris penn.

Post by gthevinoslinger »

nic the chick wrote: sad. the man was underrated.
agreed. if a fat "less famous brother" had to die, why couldn't it be one of the two fat baldwins?
Look at ME! I'm Shakespeare!

"...popped up, into foul territory and out of play. Oh, that ball landed right in a lady's Busch."
-Mike Shannon

I sell Mad Dog, yes I do.

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

gthedamned wrote:
agreed. if a fat "less famous brother" had to die, why couldn't it be one of the two fat baldwins?
because baldwins don't die.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

nic the chick wrote:
gthedamned wrote:
Somewhere the Baldwin matriarch hangs upside down in her lair spawning yet more Baldwins.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

nic the chick wrote:
gthedamned wrote:
"All the Baldwins are dead?"
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

I heard they brought in Mr. White for questioning.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hopefully, his manner of death doesn't make him a candidate for the Darwin Awards. He had some great film roles. R.I.P. Mr. Penn. I will drink whiskey to your honor tonight.

btw Nic: your new avatar is giving me a serious case of wood. Whoever took that pic has good a good peep for photos.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lifer
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Lifer »

:cry:

Another great actor gone to pasture...

Rest In Peace Nice Guy.
Bundy wrote:"I say Rooster old bean! sally forth with another pair of pink gins for these jolly lovely gels and we'll see if they arent up for a spot of rumpy pumpy before we have to dash off and give Jerry another sound thrashing, what? Tally ho!"

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Holy shit! this is so fucking depressing! I LOVE him! I still remember when he couldn't dance in Footloose. I am very sad. Fuck.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Drunk Injun

Post by Drunk Injun »

Im really bummed about this. I really liked better than his brother. MAN I am really bummed.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

jbk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by jbk »

he sure could take a punch in footloose too.

RIP....
You know the bottle ain't to blame and I ain't trying to. It don't make you do a thing it just lets you

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by grippingthewheel »

"At Close Range' is my all-time favorite documentary on the White Trash lifestyle.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

Drunk Injun

Post by Drunk Injun »

LadyRed wrote:Holy shit! this is so fucking depressing! I LOVE him! I still remember when he couldn't dance in Footloose. I am very sad. Fuck.
Yea but you still saw that on BETA....I saw it in the theater man!

...you dont know what its like....sob....MAN!
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Tom
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Location: A steady stumble usually points me in the right direction.

Post by Tom »

Why couldn't it have been Sean?
Baby, your body is so beautiful I wish I was an artist so I could paint it. As it is, I'll have to settle for taking a picture with my digital camera and selling copies to middle school kids for 5 bucks a piece.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

This fucking bites. He was great in Pale Rider, too.
Nice Guy Eddie: Did you see that daddy? Guy got me on the ground and he tried to fuck me.

Mr. Blonde: You wish.

Nice Guy Eddie: Listen Vic, I don't mind what you do, but don't try to fuck me in my father's office, I don't think of you that way. I like you a lot man, but I don't think of you that way.

Mr. Blonde: Eddie, if I was a butt cowboy, I wouldn't even throw you to the posse.

Nice Guy Eddie: Of course not, you'd keep me for yourself, you sick bastard. Four years of fuckin' punks up the ass you'd appreciate a piece of prime rib when you see one.
I'll miss you, pallie.