Just finished a shift at the bar

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Just finished a shift at the bar

Post by danger awesome »

We were expecting a quiet night. I'd brought a book and a problem sheet to do. Half hour in, no-one. Then the rugby team, half of th first years, and a load of graduates all arrived within the space of 20 minutes, and it was busy!

Great fun though, i was glad to have a lot to do, and to be helping people get drunk. Best of all, i only made 1 mistake, making me the best new member of bar-staff this year - all the rest made 2 mistakes on 1 shift, i've made 1 on 2 - i was asked for a screwdriver (amongst a load of other drinks), and poured the oj withou looking. Turns out i'd hit pineapple - it's the same colour bottle other than label, so an easy mistake. Forfeit for fuck-ups is drink the mistake, but you don't have to pay for it (though i hated the pineapple, eugh). I also had 2 free pints during my shift, a lager and a Guinness.

It was also nice to get loads of attention form people behind the bar, a couple of the girls were whispering in m ear fo free drinks, but i like this job too much to risk it. Oh, and Emma was loving it, to whoever is always askign about her (Olivia too).

Anyways, glad to be back here for more drinking. I hope one day i get to serve some of you guys in my college bar - please come visit!

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Hi Dan
I may be going on a uk tour later this year, so may pop in, if you don't mind an old drunk at the bar.
See you on myspace
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Spicy McSangre Jig

Post by Spicy McSangre Jig »

Ya know, I've always enjoyed pouring drinks for others and getting them soused.

I actually disagree with some of FKR's advice in the Handbook. He states that you need to pawn off bartending duties at your own party as soon as possible. I personally enjoy the bartending, and if I'm doing the pouring, it ensures that everyone there will indeed be legless by the end of the evening.

Not to mention, it will keep the randoms out of my good bourbons and scotches...

At any rate, I really need to get myself one of those bartending gigs.

I used to do it at the franternity house, but other than the satisfaction of endrunkening others (and the occasional free dram), there was no pay off.
Drink, laugh, love, repeat.."
-Bella

"Bourbon would slaughter vodka in a cock fight."
-MOL

"Mmm, Po'k and Ho's."
-UnkleLemmy

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:Hi Dan
I may be going on a uk tour later this year, so may pop in, if you don't mind an old drunk at the bar.
See you on myspace
If you want to catch me in college, it has to be before the 9th of March (or between 23rd April and 15th June). Same goes to any of the rest of you drunkards, i'd love for you to visit (Are any of you from th US coming at all like you were talking about?)

Oh, and one other point to note, unrelated to this topic but very much related to the board: I wore my MDM t-shirt today, and one of the demonstrators (guys who help you out with the practical, answer your questions, and mark it at the end) in the labs said it was "very nice. *thumbs up and wink* " Then he gave me an S+ for the second week in a row (it's either NS = fail, S = fine, what 90% of people get, or S+ = very good). Will i get the hat-trick? Stay tuned to MDM tv and find out soon...

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Just finished a shift at the bar

Post by Frankennietzsche »

dan_uk wrote:

It was also nice to get loads of attention form people behind the bar, a couple of the girls were whispering in m ear fo free drinks,
You'll get a lot of that; use the power wisely.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Spicy McSangre Jig

Post by Spicy McSangre Jig »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
dan_uk wrote:

It was also nice to get loads of attention form people behind the bar, a couple of the girls were whispering in m ear fo free drinks,
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THAT A FUCKING FRANKENBERRY AVATAR?!

i WANT SOME FUCKICKING FRANKENBERRY RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

ARE YOU HOARDING IT?!!!??

GIVE ME THE FUCKING FRANKENBERRY!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Drink, laugh, love, repeat.."
-Bella

"Bourbon would slaughter vodka in a cock fight."
-MOL

"Mmm, Po'k and Ho's."
-UnkleLemmy

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
dan_uk wrote:

I'm not gonna give anyone free drinks, be they girls whispering things in my ear, friends, or family. I respect my 2 bar-managers, and i'm not gonna cheat them/the bar out of anything. This is a job i intend on keeping. Same goes on serving aftr hours (though conveniently staff ar allowed to serve themselves whenever.

Another thing: I refused one person alcohol at about 10pm, he definitely wasn't taking it well, though wasn't showing it that obviously Low-and-behold, he was sick in the bathroom 10 minutes later. Good call, said Bevis.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

dan_uk wrote:
Another thing: I refused one person alcohol at about 10pm, he definitely wasn't taking it well, though wasn't showing it that obviously Low-and-behold, he was sick in the bathroom 10 minutes later. Good call, said Bevis.
"Dan_UK feels stronger" You have leveled up!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

dan_uk wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:
dan_uk wrote:

I'm not gonna give anyone free drinks, be they girls whispering things in my ear, friends, or family. I respect my 2 bar-managers, and i'm not gonna cheat them/the bar out of anything. This is a job i intend on keeping. Same goes on serving aftr hours (though conveniently staff ar allowed to serve themselves whenever.

I was more referring to the attention from girls.

You step behind a bar and in the eyes of the bar-tribe, you become an alpha.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

danger awesome
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by danger awesome »

Frankennietzsche wrote:
dan_uk wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote: You'll get a lot of that; use the power wisely.

I was more referring to the attention from girls.

You step behind a bar and in the eyes of the bar-tribe, you become an alpha.
Yeha, i like it! Plus, i goi to see down loads of drunk girls tops while serving, and i had no choice but o look in that general direction because that's where i was pouring pints... It sucks...

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Use the Force, Dan.

And always remember to swath thy chunk in latex.