My Favorite Relative- Thanks Uncle Walt

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT

My Favorite Relative- Thanks Uncle Walt

Post by RIPT »

Polish people are generally a tight knit group but Uncle Walt was the exception. He loved everybody, no matter what. Never heard a negative word out of the Man's mouth.

Needless to say, in later years we never saw eye to eye. Such is life.

I idolized the man. He was my genetic God, bar none. AND he drank G&T's, just like me!

Uncle Walt, I'm sorry I suck at golf. I'm sorry I didn't get to be a Veterinarian like you. I'm sorry I didn't get to hang with you more than I did.

"Dr. Matuszak (COR '43), 83, Fayetteville, N.Y., died Nov. 18, 2001. Founder of DeWitt Animal Hospital in New York, he practiced there until 1971. Dr. Matuszak owned Wa-Noa Golf Club in East Syracuse, N.Y.

He was an All American football player and was inducted into the Cornell University Hall of Fame in 1979. A World War II veteran, Dr. Matuszak served as a captain in the Army Veterinary Corps. Memorials may be made to American Heart Association, 5575 Thompson Road, DeWitt, NY 13214.
"

I love my Uncle Walt. Never did a man stand taller! He bought rounds for the bar no matter where he was. A true HERO, Patriot, and good man!!