What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

^^^ Cheers to large bottles of rye!!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm
HEY! I'm also drinking Dickel rye, and I got the big bottle!

Cheers!
Where`ve you been big dickel guy?
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Sipping a Dirty Bastard.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

It's Wild Turkey 101 time. Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Baptising my liver in vodka today
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Many cans of cheap beer

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

^^ When it comes to beer, quantity can be better than quality. Enjoy them cold cheap beers, good sir!
Four Roses is on the menu for tonight. Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There should be a beer called quality brew. Then we can drink large quantities of it and feel good about it
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:47 am
There should be a beer called quality brew.
It would be the cheapest swill in the cooler.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

King Citra, double IPA out of Fieldwork Brewing.

Waited in rush hour traffic to get to the store. I had earned enough store credit that it was free, so worth it.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

Every time I read that — ‘Don’t worry, we’re in no hurry’ — I like it more.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Franzia Sunset Blush. Tastes bad, but the advantage is that I don't drink it as fast as the cold reds. Lately I've been putting away whole boxes of cold reds in one sitting. I need to alternate them with the whites and blushes so that my lips and tongue don't get stained.

I'm reading a Hart Crane biography right now. The biographer went around interviewing Hart's friends and a lot of them commented on how much wine Hart drank. One person said Hart drank so much it would have destroyed his constitution and good looks if he'd lived long enough. The biographer, like all biographers of hard-drinking writers, goes on about the problems of drinking and here's one of the things he says: "But if at first drink spurs animation and curiosity it also distorts the sight, just as the 'glozening decanters,' the treacherous bottles behind the bar throw back the poet's twisted reflection." I know what he means. I used to be able to sit up drinking and writing all night, sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning. I would wake up the next day to find several poems in my printer, with little or no memory of writing them. But lately I've found I stop writing around 9 - 9:30 every night giving myself the excuse that I'm too drunk to write. I'd like to get it back to good if for no other reason that to just show this biographer is full of shit. But I gotta admit, at least for now, it does look like he's right.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

No, the biographer is full of shit.

I am drinking nothing because that Cunt, Lady’s Bug, stole my three sixteens plus my half pint.

I said Fuck You, I will go to the bar. Then I found out she also stole my cane, that nasty bitching fucking slut. I had to turn back, couldn’t make it. My remote for the tv is gone, my reading lamp is gone, even my ashtray is gone. Well fuck it, I’ll put the cigarettes out on the floor. But I’ve got nothing to drink. That is going to be a problem. I can’t walk anywhere without my cane.

I know what I’ll do. I will scream and moan and keep her rotten ass up all night. Fucking bitch. I’m surprised she didn’t steal the phone.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Good things come to those who wait. I located my half pint, it was under the cover on the couch. I started laughing. You should always keep your half pint hidden. Bottoms up, Shorty.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Hugh wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 pm

I'm reading a Hart Crane biography right now. The biographer went around interviewing Hart's friends and a lot of them commented on how much wine Hart drank. One person said Hart drank so much it would have destroyed his constitution and good looks if he'd lived long enough. The biographer, like all biographers of hard-drinking writers, goes on about the problems of drinking and here's one of the things he says: "But if at first drink spurs animation and curiosity it also distorts the sight, just as the 'glozening decanters,' the treacherous bottles behind the bar throw back the poet's twisted reflection." I know what he means. I used to be able to sit up drinking and writing all night, sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning. I would wake up the next day to find several poems in my printer, with little or no memory of writing them. But lately I've found I stop writing around 9 - 9:30 every night giving myself the excuse that I'm too drunk to write. I'd like to get it back to good if for no other reason that to just show this biographer is full of shit. But I gotta admit, at least for now, it does look like he's right.
I have the same problem and I blame it on my attempt to write before I start really drinking. In the past, when Word documents filled with poems and short stories I had no recollection of writing greeted me almost every afternoon, I would start typing when I was already sloshed and it probably helped me stay up and write until I passed out long after the sun was up.