What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

^^^^ cheers and congratulations sir.
I've had bourbon enhanced cups of coffee. Never the whole damn pot. Sounds like an eye opener.

Finishing up a barley wine. Maybe a porter after. Plenty of cheap ass Genny beer on deck tonight.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Guinness
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:32 pm
Finishing up the second pot of bourbon-enhanced coffee for the evening, and getting ready to crack a bottle of Wild Turkey (sadly, not of the 101 variety) to celebrate the publication of my novel. Cheers and happy Saturday boozing, folks!
Congratulations!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:30 am
Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:01 am
Rivet Full Flavoured Lager - brewed in Vietnam by Aldi for the Australian market. It’s not too bad. Tomorrow, my three months of only beer & wine are up. I can finally crack open my duty free liquor. I’ll probably go for the Makers Mark.
Welcome back to boozeville. Your hiatus from hard liquor should have you drinking the Makers like a champ. Cheers, mate.

Also, my curiosity is raised by the phrase "brewed in Vietnam by Aldi for the Australian market". A Vietnamese lager, contracted by Germans, sold to Australians. Summarizes the global economy quite nicely. For better or worse.

I believe the Drunkard Anglo is planning some sort of Tea & Whores junket to Vietnam in the near future. Perhaps he’ll be kind enough to wallow in some fine, local lagers and share the highlights with us.
Thanks. I’m looking forward to some hard liquor this evening. I’ve found that after about three beers, I feel kind of bloated. Also, three months down; only nine months of top-tier self-restraint to go.

I’ve no idea how Aldo makes a profit. Loss leaders & economies of scale, I guess. Rivet Blue is about the cheapest full-strength beer you can get in Australia. It’s better than a lot of the domestic mainstream stuff.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Vodka party again
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Enjoying several Coronas to start the day out, before I get into any whiskey.

It brings back fond memories of my recent Vegas trip, where I could get a free Corona every 30 minutes from the Bellagio at the poker tables.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Smoke Wagon Small Batch, a bourbon out of Nevada.

It was recommended to me by a store employee, who also happens to be the widow of the store's manager that I used to talk to. Turns out he died in October. He was probably in his late 50s, so I totally didn't expect to hear that. She said he got "really sick." I don't know what that means.

Not sure why, but she gave me a 10% discount on the bottle. He did the same for me when I bought a bottle of 291. I don't think this particular store does very well on its whiskey sales, judging by their inventory, so maybe they're just trying to encourage me as a customer.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Aerstone Sea Cask 10. Super value buy.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Slane Irish whiskey. Pretty good for the price as well! Getting a jumpstart on St. Patty's.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Should I put a lime in my vodka instead of lemon today?
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Imperial stout of the American variety.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Guinness of the foreign extra stout variety.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Starting out with Guinness and Jameson, will probably throw in some Bushmills and Ezra 99 proof later tonight

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Stendhal wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:05 pm
Starting out with Guinness and Jameson, will probably throw in some Bushmills and Ezra 99 proof later tonight
There's never been an ad for Bushmills in my Twitter feed until today. I wonder if they paid extra to get their ads out there on this day.\\

Also, USA President Joe Biden has called himself Irish on Twitter about 20,000 times today. Americans used to get called out for doing that shit every March 17. I guess the real Irish have just thrown up their hands at the whole matter.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:24 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:30 am
Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:01 am
Rivet Full Flavoured Lager - brewed in Vietnam by Aldi for the Australian market. It’s not too bad. Tomorrow, my three months of only beer & wine are up. I can finally crack open my duty free liquor. I’ll probably go for the Makers Mark.
Welcome back to boozeville. Your hiatus from hard liquor should have you drinking the Makers like a champ. Cheers, mate.

Also, my curiosity is raised by the phrase "brewed in Vietnam by Aldi for the Australian market". A Vietnamese lager, contracted by Germans, sold to Australians. Summarizes the global economy quite nicely. For better or worse.

I believe the Drunkard Anglo is planning some sort of Tea & Whores junket to Vietnam in the near future. Perhaps he’ll be kind enough to wallow in some fine, local lagers and share the highlights with us.
Thanks. I’m looking forward to some hard liquor this evening. I’ve found that after about three beers, I feel kind of bloated. Also, three months down; only nine months of top-tier self-restraint to go.

I’ve no idea how Aldo makes a profit. Loss leaders & economies of scale, I guess. Rivet Blue is about the cheapest full-strength beer you can get in Australia. It’s better than a lot of the domestic mainstream stuff.
same here in the UK...they throw about this contract brewed "German" lager for peanuts and it tastes great....i mean it's not the greatest beer in the world but miles better than most macro lagers. Think last time i bought some it was £2.75 for 4 x 500ml cans...comparatively something like Becks would cost over a fiver no doubt.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis