What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by scream ale »

Bottled in bond EW. Let the good times roll.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm
Bottled in bond EW. Let the good times roll.
Right on. EWBIB!

Me: Rupture Fresh Grind IPA, out of Odell's.

And two sativa edibles. Hehe.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Tequila cranberry with an invisible garnish.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

It`s snowing and the vodka plow just rolled through
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I just finished a drink that I had made last night but didn't finish.

I forgot what it even was.

It was okay, but watery after all of the ice had melted.

It tasted... almost tequila like... but that may have been the lime. So maybe a vodka, lime and soda?

I have no earthly idea, but decent way to start the day.
Last edited by Rye and Coke on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Upgrade time! Celebrating with Budweiser/Kessler.

In the opening scene of the movie Genius, writer Thomas Wolfe walks into Maxwell Perkins' office to get his manuscript back because he is certain that Perkins is going to reject it. (Maxwell Perkins was the famed editor at Scribner who discovered Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Wolfe - the "Lost Generation.") To Wolfe's surprise, Perkins informs him that they will publish his novel and offers him the contract and advance right there on the spot. Wolfe breaks down in tears of joy, singing praises to god above.

After nearly two years of trying to get my book of poetry published, I was just informed by the editor at Cajun Mutt Press that they are going to publish my book. I reacted pretty much the way Wolfe did, except I was looking at an email, not an editor feeling uncomfortable at someone who lost control of his emotions.

In the past whenever I had cause for celebration, I would head to the bars. But the bars just don't have the same allure they had prior to WuFlu. Absence did not make the heart grow fonder, it just made me realize I don't really love them as much as I thought I did. Right here in this rented room with booze from the liquor store is where I belong.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Upgrade time! Celebrating with Budweiser/Kessler.

In the opening scene of the movie Genius, writer Thomas Wolfe walks into Maxwell Perkins' office to get his manuscript back because he is certain that Perkins is going to reject it. (Maxwell Perkins was the famed editor at Scribner who discovered Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Wolfe - the "Lost Generation.") To Wolfe's surprise, Perkins informs him that they will publish his novel and offers him the contract and advance right there on the spot. Wolfe breaks down in tears of joy, singing praises to god above.

After nearly two years of trying to get my book of poetry published, I was just informed by the editor at Cajun Mutt Press that they are going to publish my book. I reacted pretty much the way Wolfe did, except I was looking at an email, not an editor feeling uncomfortable at someone who lost control of his emotions.

In the past whenever I had cause for celebration, I would head to the bars. But the bars just don't have the same allure they had prior to WuFlu. Absence did not make the heart grow fonder, it just made me realize I don't really love them as much as I thought I did. Right here in this rented room with booze from the liquor store is where I belong.
Holy shit dude, we have to celebrate this shit! This is awesome!
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Fuck, he just told me to get a couple of blurbs for the book. I don't know anybody who would write a blurb for me. This might get embarrassing.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:03 pm
Fuck, he just told me to get a couple of blurbs for the book. I don't know anybody who would write a blurb for me. This might get embarrassing.
For a pint of Skol vodka Oett could do it.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

George Dickel rye
the last drop
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Backwoods Bastard at the moment.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I wonder why George Dickel rye is not available out here, at least not in any of the liquor stores on my block. There are other George Dickel whiskeys, why not rye?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Despite being cold and cloudy, I'm going to drink Franzia Chillable Red tonight. I don't see how Scream can drink whiskey so many days in a row. If I drink it that much it starts wearing me down.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Despite being cold and cloudy, I'm going to drink Franzia Chillable Red tonight. I don't see how Scream can drink whiskey so many days in a row. If I drink it that much it starts wearing me down.
Life wears me down, bourbon just makes me sick for a few hours. Sometimes.

Speaking of Dickel being hard to find, I've heard Jim Beam is not common out your way. I always thought Beam was like Budweiser, it's on every corner.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:15 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Life wears me down, bourbon just makes me sick for a few hours. Sometimes.

Speaking of Dickel being hard to find, I've heard Jim Beam is not common out your way. I always thought Beam was like Budweiser, it's on every corner.
No - there's Jim Beam out here. But I haven't gotten it in a long time. It's a little more expensive than Evan Williams, so when I go for the bourbon, I get EW.