What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hugh »

A whole universe of more expensive spirits.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Oh, come on. There's stuff that's only a modicum more "expensive."

Are you really nit-grinding a few bucks?
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Yep. The next cheapest thing is $2 up.

SpitefulTriful
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SpitefulTriful »

"Eagles Pass" Shiraz and more Kronenbourg 1664!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Four Roses bourbon
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Switched to Wild Turkey 101, after I kill that bottle will probably move on to Evan Williams Black Label
Everything in moderation, including moderation

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

just had two big olll White Russians with shots of espresso to wake me up after work...now it's gallons of cold lager.

drinking corona which i always thought of as pretty shitty beer. it was left at mine so a freebie. doesn't taste too bad to be fair. has at least a little flavor.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

PBR here in just a minute. The drugstore has been out of Gran Legacy American Blended Whiskey for a while now, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. The shelves have been restocked, but it's still missing. So I got the 1.75 L bottle of Gran Legacy Scotch Whisky, which costs $4 more. Isn't there a treaty somewhere that says Scotch has to be distilled in Scotland? Because this bottle was distilled in Louisville, Kentucky.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:23 pm
PBR here in just a minute. The drugstore has been out of Gran Legacy American Blended Whiskey for a while now, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. The shelves have been restocked, but it's still missing. So I got the 1.75 L bottle of Gran Legacy Scotch Whisky, which costs $4 more. Isn't there a treaty somewhere that says Scotch has to be distilled in Scotland? Because this bottle was distilled in Louisville, Kentucky.

I think the Lisbon Accord (Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin) covers scotch. I know it covers champagne and tequila. I tried looking it up but couldn't find it.
DRINK!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I asked google if it was okay to drink scotch neat and the answer is - yes. https://scotchaddict.com/scotch-neat-or ... rocks.html

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 pm
Hugh wrote:

I think the Lisbon Accord (Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin) covers scotch. I know it covers champagne and tequila. I tried looking it up but couldn't find it.
I found this: Examples of appellations of origin and geographical indications include Kampot Pepper, Darjeeling Tea, Panjin Rice, Café de Colombia, Prosciutto di Parma, Oku Honey, Scotch Whisky, Tequila, Argane, Chulucanas, Khokhloma, Chiangmai Celadon, Swiss Watches and Bohemia Crystal.
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:39 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 pm
Hugh wrote:

I found this: Examples of appellations of origin and geographical indications include Kampot Pepper, Darjeeling Tea, Panjin Rice, Café de Colombia, Prosciutto di Parma, Oku Honey, Scotch Whisky, Tequila, Argane, Chulucanas, Khokhloma, Chiangmai Celadon, Swiss Watches and Bohemia Crystal.
This wiki article regarding A.O.C. or Appellizzle d’Origizzle Controzzlewozzle might also be helpful. It could be considered disingenuous, for example, that a company making whiskey on a derelict barge off the coast of Vietnam calls it’s product a Scotch or Kentucky Bourbon. Semantics? Perhaps.

On an unrelated note, that Gran Legacy bears passing resemblance to a bottle of generic Listerine.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I think god send me vodka.

Yeah and I didn`t know Brian de Parma was a bookmarked brandname.

Grand legacy producing both whiskys is flat out dumb and funny. That swill is probably neither a bourbon nor a scotch, it`s a liver sanitizer
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

This is why I don't go lower than EW.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »