Ask Savage

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Ask Savage

Post by Savage »

Etienne, you will join the ranks of my darling husband. He married a she beast back in 1972, when I was a child in grade school. I feel as though I saved him. I loved his dear father (who passed away at age ninety one.) I dearly wish I could have met his mother, who sounds like a angel on earth, but she died some years before I met her boy. The ex-wife was a horrid mother, and I have three of the most darling step-children one could want. The boy has messed up a bit, but he has a good heart. The first girl is sensible, a good wife and mother, and successfully mothered her siblings when she herself was a child. The baby, who is now in her early forties, is a wonderful, funny,beautiful, charismatic girl. We have the same snorty laugh, and she has a nice second husband (the first was an abusive pig. I dreamed of going to their house and hitting him with a Louisville slugger) and three children by the pig. (a marine, lower case because he just doesn't rate). And then there are my baby girls. They are doing just fine. The eldest shed her slack ass husband and has a nice boyfriend and the baby has a great husband. The she beast died. Her son found her lying in a parking area, comatose. He got her to a hospital, where she died, never regaining conciousness. A nasty person got punished. I never dreamed that I would live in a soap opera, but that is how my life turned out.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:25 pm
Savage wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:45 am
Badfellow wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:21 pm
Dear Savage,
are
Is there any relation between Randy Quaid, Dennis Quaid and quaaludes? And how does this relate to pre-Colombian culture?

Sincerely,
Professor Badfellow
Deep in the heart of the Venezuelan jungle, there is a cave, with a statue of Randy Quaid as Cousin Eddy, covered in blood. Heaped in front of it are offerings of fruit, fried eggs, and packets of ketchup, taken from explorers foolish enough to try to befriend the locals. No one knows why the explorers have so much ketchup; it is a mystery. Perhaps they brought the ketchup to put on their eggs. We may never know.

I do not know these Quaaludes of which you speak.

Really. I swear.
Dennis who?
I’m aware of a particular tribe in Xingu basin of the Amazon (the jungle, not the Bezos) who worship a metallic pea colored Family Truckster supposedly fallen from the heavens. They take turns using it for family road trips. Though from an anthropological perspective, not everyone pitches in on gas money.
Metallic peat!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Always cover your mouth when you burp and blame all farts on the dog. Refuse all boned fish, or tear the flesh from the bones with two forks. Do not snarfle when you eat. If you are eating barbeque or fried chicken, use paper towels. I recommend placing an entire roll in the center of the table. All the better BBQ joints do this. When dining out, do not blow straw wrappers into that fat old woman's beehive, unless you are with your children, in which case, blow away, as it amuses the children, and keeps them from running around and tripping waiters.

Always excuse yourself when it is necessary for you to leave the table, however, if you are a gentleman of a certain age, it is not necessary to announce to your wife, your children, your grandchildren, and all persons seated nearby, that you are "Going to the potty."

Not that I am talking about anyone you or I know, mind you. On a related note, please do not, in ringing USMC tones, ask everyone in your booth at Red Robin "Does anyone need to go potty before we go?" Your wife and teenage children will thank you, and reconsider sending you to that old-age home that keeps sending brochures to the house addressed to their mother.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

How come it took me a half century to find cool songs like Burnin' for You and unknown other songs just stay a nice melody in my drunken brain. Yet on rock radio they play the same bullcrap over and over again. Bad DJs? Lazy DJs. I think a DJ should know rareties like no one else
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Is Maker's 101 or cask strength worth the extra $20 a fifth compared to standard, delicious Maker's Mark?
Everything in moderation, including moderation

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Stendhal wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:10 am
Is Maker's 101 or cask strength worth the extra $20 a fifth compared to standard, delicious Maker's Mark?
Mmmm I`m not Savage but I`d say no. Save the 20 bucks for another standard
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

True, quantity is a quality all of its own

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Could get a half gallon of regular Makers for what they are asking for 101 or cask strength around here.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Stendhal wrote:
Have you tried Makers 46? Any thoughts?

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Have never tried Maker's 46

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I like the 46. It has a nice woody astringency to it. Nice bite.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

scream ale wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:16 pm
Stendhal wrote:
Have you tried Makers 46? Any thoughts?
I did. It was rather nice. But then again, (hey Europe!), I like an occasional Hershey bar. Mine is not so much a discriminating palate, as a crabby and moody one.
like tears in rain