four loko and other energy drinks

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Satanic The Hedgehog
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

four loko and other energy drinks

Post by Satanic The Hedgehog »

as of now four took the caffeine out of their beverages. i've never had a four but i have had redbull and vodka and joose. how much you wanna bet these companies that took the caffeine out of their beverages, they will put some other form of energy boosting chemical in there. it would be a smart thing to do.

sorry if this is a repeat post thats just how i feel about the situation.

you've got these idiotic college people getting way too drunk and driving around and slamming into a tree or another car and the teetotalers stick there nose in and ruin things for everyone. im sure SADD and MADD are having a field day with this issue.

i thought college kids could drink but i guess i was wrong
All of your kisses turn to spit in my face.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: four loko and other energy drinks

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

"Take Your Kid to the Bar." http://drunkard.com/blog/?m=20090331 -- One of my favorite articles from the website (yeah, yeah... "There's a website?")

Society tries to shield kids from the evils of booze, but once they get cut loose in college, they dont know anything about it and go way overboard, drinking utter shit.

Now, I'm not immune to the pleasures of losing control and cheap shit booze, but once you learn how to enjoy DRINKING as opposed to (or maybe in addition to) just GETTING DRUNK, life gets better.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

I've got a couple cans of the original stashed away, i wonder how many years they'll keep...
Be safe everyone.

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by SternoBoy »

All I can say is this stuff tastes like ass. And what's with that gaurine or tuarine or whatever that shit is they put it in it? Reminds of the days of cyclamate Fresca.

There's so many better ways to ingest alcohol.
I'm drunk and I vote

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

SternoBoy wrote:All I can say is this stuff tastes like ass. And what's with that gaurine or tuarine or whatever that shit is they put it in it? Reminds of the days of cyclamate Fresca.

There's so many better ways to ingest alcohol.
I've never had it before. While I'm sure it tastes absolutely horrid, I want it now just because the man says I can't.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Sonic The Hedgehog wrote:as of now four took the caffeine out of their beverages. i've never had a four but i have had redbull and vodka and joose. how much you wanna bet these companies that took the caffeine out of their beverages, they will put some other form of energy boosting chemical in there. it would be a smart thing to do.

sorry if this is a repeat post thats just how i feel about the situation.

you've got these idiotic college people getting way too drunk and driving around and slamming into a tree or another car and the teetotalers stick there nose in and ruin things for everyone. im sure SADD and MADD are having a field day with this issue.

i thought college kids could drink but i guess i was wrong
Sadly I am of this generation (i am 24). But as said earlier there is a great merit in appreciating good booze at an early age. Not saying i haven't drank my fair dose of "cheap shit" but i knew that there was better things out there.

Emperor Awesome
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Emperor Awesome »

I just think it's a damn shame about the precedent this sets. I love the idea of daydrinking without getting groggy, and as for four specifically, I only ever tried the fruit punch, and it tasted delicious.
"I need a hundred beers...exactly one hundred, thank you."
-Nathan Explosion

"Does whiskey count as beer?"
-Homer Simpson

"Swaggering about in a garish new hat he seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner, I have a new hat.'"

"I am getting so drunk when we get paid for this."
-Sydney, Fallout 3

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

PAAANK DRAAANK!
For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. [Nietzsche]

"I saw God in drunkard chat last week. He offered me good advice, but I can't remember what it was." --Fabric

<apE>: pint, go fetch me a drink!
<pint>: apE, i only got ralphs brand mouthwash or some red wine.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Rumhead wrote: I want it now just because the man says I can't.
there is much truth here.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

never had it. i'll take the wondrous effects of booze. straight, no caffeine.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Emperor Awesome wrote:I just think it's a damn shame about the precedent this sets. I love the idea of daydrinking without getting groggy, and as for four specifically, I only ever tried the fruit punch, and it tasted delicious.
Yeah, the red one is the first I had whilst bartending and I loved it, kept me one my toes.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

BierGirl
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BierGirl »

Boy howdy it has been a few years since I was on the boards with you drunkards (used to go by the name: CirclingOverShannon).

Anyway, my life has changed a lot and I have a halfway legitimate job writing about government regulation of booze and gambling (among other things).

I recently covered the Four Loko scandal at my work website: openmarket.org http://www.openmarket.org/2010/11/17/wh ... four-loko/

Anyway, just thought I'd take this opportunity to say, "I'm back" and I've missed all you blind-drunk bacchanals.