Tomorrow's gonna suck...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jozer
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Tomorrow's gonna suck...

Post by Jozer »

Tomorrow never comes...

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

DeeboCools wrote:
JimLahey wrote:Well here we go again. Plans to drink at usual time derailed due to having to drive to airport late at night buuuuuut, fuck it I'm gonna get drunk even though I'm starting late and have to be up in 8 hours for work. Whatever, it's Friday tomorrow, I'll pull through.

ha! I love the "late start" kinda nights. You always tell yourself maybe you'll take a night off or only have a couple beers and get to sleep, but by the time you're finally face to face with the bottle you're like "just 3, no 4, ok 5..."
Yeah, and you always have to drink really fast to be drunk ASAP, haha!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: I'm drunj and got work tomorrow

Post by benitobeast69 »

kingsley amis had it when he talks about the two fronts of the hangover....the physical hangover and the mental one.

PH
not too much acid so no fruit juice.
anadin extra...aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine...perfect mix.
lots of water and lots of vitamins..an isotonic vitamin drink is ideal.
a big high protein low card breakfast.
as much sleep as possible (but)
once you wake get up and do something ..a 20 minute jog will work wonders.

MH
remember you are suffering just the same as every other bastard who got drunk last night
relax don't have a cold shower or anything like that...your system has been shocked enough.
read some Bukowski and know it could get a dam sight worse.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:kingsley amis had it when he talks about the two fronts of the hangover....the physical hangover and the mental one.

PH
not too much acid so no fruit juice.
anadin extra...aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine...perfect mix.
lots of water and lots of vitamins..an isotonic vitamin drink is ideal.
a big high protein low card breakfast.
as much sleep as possible (but)
once you wake get up and do something ..a 20 minute jog will work wonders.

MH
remember you are suffering just the same as every other bastard who got drunk last night
relax don't have a cold shower or anything like that...your system has been shocked enough.
read some Bukowski and know it could get a dam sight worse.
I think we have a different opinion on what is doable on a PH. When you have time for a 20 min jog you`re not hung over in my book
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Maybe the word jog was stretching it a bit...i mean stumbling around in jogging pants hoping for the best....you never feel like doing anything when hungover but doing something sorts you out the most. I've had many days where i threw up on myself just from trying to turn over in bed..but when i finaly managed to right myself and do something it's made me feel so much better....work does this as well..when i'm off ill feel like shit all morning till i have a drink again...if i work ill feel ok after an hour or so.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

benitobeast69 wrote:I've had many days where i threw up on myself just from trying to turn over in bed..so.
It sounds somewhat awkwardly familiar !

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Working hungover, here`s what I found out over the years:

You still got some BAC:
- Fine, before you know they day is over just don`t do overly complicated/dangerous things
- It`s running out, hurry finish work as soon as possible or refill

You are without some BAC:
- Hopefully work will keep you from noticing your hangover, that`s the greatest option
- Your hangover makes the clock stand still, you watch it every 15 minutes, the longer you stay the worse it gets. Not the best option
- You think you collapse within the next five minutes. The shitty option. Luckily this only happens once or twice a year to me - in fact mostly on family gatherings/holidays. I consider these work but can atleast drink heavily during em opposed to real work
Drink!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Before I had a 'real' job I feared waking up feeling like I had been dragged through the bush, but now I realise how feasible it is when you have a part time shitty job. For chirssakes, if you are standing behind a counter or wandering around in some sort of occupation that necessitates minimalm interaction with other people it is your duty to be dusty as all hell. Unless you get nausea/vomit you'll be right, just ride the bastard out with the knowledge that your work will n ever follow you home into drinking hours. Shithouse jobs are made for the hungover.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

gede wrote:Before I had a 'real' job I feared waking up feeling like I had been dragged through the bush, but now I realise how feasible it is when you have a part time shitty job. For chirssakes, if you are standing behind a counter or wandering around in some sort of occupation that necessitates minimalm interaction with other people it is your duty to be dusty as all hell. Unless you get nausea/vomit you'll be right, just ride the bastard out with the knowledge that your work will n ever follow you home into drinking hours. Shithouse jobs are made for the hungover.
The less people talk to you at work the better
The less people talk to you at work the greater chance you fuck up on your own
Drink!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

work is gonna suck tomorrow

Post by whiskeyprick »

always does, ifs forget some will always remind me
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by OldDale »

I say no, because of now tomorrow is, SUNDAY!
That day will be GREAT!