Drinking has lost it's mojo

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drinking has lost it's mojo

Post by scream ale »

Round three was going to be with George Dickel bottled in bond. But I went with the rye again as it was really nice. I think I would enjoy it even more on a not blazing hot day.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm
Round three was going to be with George Dickel bottled in bond. But I went with the rye again as it was really nice. I think I would enjoy it even more on a not blazing hot day.
everyone else in the heatwave knocking back cold beers and frozen cocktails....scream's here on a Manhattan tasting run. lol, why the fuck not brodda.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:14 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm
everyone else in the heatwave knocking back cold beers and frozen cocktails....scream's here on a Manhattan tasting run. lol, why the fuck not brodda.
Whatever works to get comfy and numb. I end up sweating myself wet and sticky the more I drink in hot oppressive weather.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We`re on this nice little drinking-spree since thursday and enjoy every second of it. No lost mojo at all
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Have a nice rhythm going lately: one night on and one night off.

It seems that a single day of recovery is enough for me to avoid debilitating hangovers and general fuckery of the stomach. Most of the time. As for the drinking mojo, it’s as present as ever, though over the years it continues to change and evolve like some living spirit unto itself. Paying attention to your inner self and your drunkard spirit guide is beneficial to the maintenance of one’s drinking mojo.

The mood and energy with which one approaches their drinking is of great importance. What you get from the mojo of the muse is what you have to give away. Even if the day has been a total shitter, always approach the bar or the drink in general with expectations of an elevated mood and better times to be enjoyed. It’s easy to forget the amount of influence we can have on our own reality and that which we share with others.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

When I work I drink very little, the legal limit for a crew member is .04, though most have been over that, and of course I'm not home, so when I get back it's always a thing to hit up my regular joints.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

^^^ Can´t disrespect a hard drinking man on his machines. Fools
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Ever get a bottle of something new to you and at first thought "hey, this ain't half bad"? But then on future pours you start thinking "this...I don't think I like this. I'm never getting this again". Yeah Natterjack Irish whisky...I don't like Natterjack so much. That's what I get for picking up a bottle because I thought the animal on the label was cool.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:40 am
Have a nice rhythm going lately: one night on and one night off.

It seems that a single day of recovery is enough for me to avoid debilitating hangovers and general fuckery of the stomach. Most of the time. As for the drinking mojo, it’s as present as ever, though over the years it continues to change and evolve like some living spirit unto itself. Paying attention to your inner self and your drunkard spirit guide is beneficial to the maintenance of one’s drinking mojo.

The mood and energy with which one approaches their drinking is of great importance. What you get from the mojo of the muse is what you have to give away. Even if the day has been a total shitter, always approach the bar or the drink in general with expectations of an elevated mood and better times to be enjoyed. It’s easy to forget the amount of influence we can have on our own reality and that which we share with others.
Yeah, time will change everything. My capacity crashed so I've had to limit the days I drink. I really respect the folks that take 2 drinks a day and life goes on. I just need a little more than that. After I'm done I'm glad to detox for a number of days save for being sick as a pig.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I'm taking a break from hard liquor because my liver has literally been hurting. I've been drinking nearly a bottle a day for a while now and think that must be what's done it.

Going to take it easy and stick with a few beers here and there until the pain blows over. Damn.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:36 pm
I'm taking a break from hard liquor because my liver has literally been hurting. I've been drinking nearly a bottle a day for a while now and think that must be what's done it.

Going to take it easy and stick with a few beers here and there until the pain blows over. Damn.
Health first. If you don't try and stay healthy you won't be able to drink into your 80s and 90s.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm
Nausea wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Health first. If you don't try and stay healthy you won't be able to drink into your 80s and 90s.

AMEN.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm
I don't think I want to live that long, getting all decrepit and whatnot, but your point is well-taken.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Health first always. Drinking should be fun not painful. Hangovers aside.