Drinking has lost it's mojo

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Drinking has lost it's mojo

Post by peetie44 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Ypu shopuld be more careful of the people you aloow in your shitter
Long as they stay outta my pooper, I'm cool widdit all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5nqKvePLzw
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Smatter Noguts wrote:The scent of stale Miller beer in a bar when you walk in.
The sting on the lips that comes with that first kiss of high-proof Bourbon.
The stunning perspective on the human condition that arrives after the third round.
The soaring laughter that comes after a easy aquaintance has delivered a joke.
The sexuality of a once demure partner opened by the bottle.
The soundness of a blackout sleep.
The smashing rebuke of a heavy hangover.

I could go on and on in this vein; over 40 years of drinking hasn't resulted in boredom for me, limited though my imagination is.
Magic is in the moment and every moment is different, even if you're getting smashed on the same swill in the same place every night.
This is great.

Reminds me of what Dylan Thomas said:
I liked the taste of beer, its live white lather, its brass-bright depths, the sudden world through the wet brown walls of the glass, the tilted rush to the lips and the slow swallowing down to the lapping belly, the salt on the tongue, the foam at the corners
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I shit but when I started to pee i saw that it was going on the wall and on my pants because I had my dick laying on the toilet seat instead of inside the commode.
Ever done the one where you're trying to shit while you still kind of having some Morning Wood, and your pecker's pointed up at the crack in between the rim of the bowl and the seat, so you're sitting there trying to take a shit but you're wondering, "Why does it feel like my feet are in a puddle?"

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

coqui_chris wrote:
ThirstyDrunk wrote:I shit but when I started to pee i saw that it was going on the wall and on my pants because I had my dick laying on the toilet seat instead of inside the commode.
Ever done the one where you're trying to shit while you still kind of having some Morning Wood, and your pecker's pointed up at the crack in between the rim of the bowl and the seat, so you're sitting there trying to take a shit but you're wondering, "Why does it feel like my feet are in a puddle?"
Then there's the bifurcated stream, one hitting the bowl and one streaming down your pantleg.

Judge

Post by Judge »

I see this thread has migrated to its appropriate level.

Shit piss vomit cunt!
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Ypu shopuld be more careful of the people you aloow in your shitter
Yeah

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Judge wrote:I see this thread has migrated to its appropriate level.

Shit piss vomit cunt!
I remember when I was still pissing my bed regularly, and everybody was asking me why drinking hadn't lost its mojo ...

But hey, "shit happens"

Tariel
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tariel »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:This one day me and a buddy split a case of Little Kings while passing a bottle of J. Roget "champagne" back and forth. After that we scored a big plastic bottle of Kamchatka and drank most of it. Next thing I know we are at a friends house and they were doing vodka slammers. I drank some of those I don't know how many and I was sitting there when I noticed that I was swallowing alot and I knew it was about to be a comeuppance, so I headed to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom but for some reason I wanted to lock the door and I ended up puking down my shirt and all over the back of the door and on the floor. I tried to clean it up with a roll of toilet paper, the whole roll, but soon realized I had to shit so I sat down on the toilet. I shit but when I started to pee i saw that it was going on the wall and on my pants because I had my dick laying on the toilet seat instead of inside the commode. I tried to correct that but it was already too late and when i went to wipe my ass i realized i had ruined the entire roll of TP trying to wipe up vomit.
Next thing I know I woke up with my buddy coming in through the window because people needed to go to the bathroom and i had passed out in there with the door locked and my pants down with a shitty ass, pants wet with piss and puke on my shirt.

Anyway, what were you guys talking about...?
Last to last night after a bottle me dad somehow couldn't get his bathroom's door open (God knows why, its always open), so he ended up wandering around to the lobby, where he decided since pissing on the floor is a no-no, the fkin trolley would do well as an alternative to the commode. Yup, wet Set Top Box, files & documents, cellphone etc

Last night he went out for a walk and returned three hours later with his track suit all wet and muddy on both sides.

On another note I think my mates making BS excuses not to drink with me, they had long given up going drink-to-drink with me but now they totally refuse to drink at all.

Yest. afternoon for example a mate picked me up for general hanging around and I of course managed to make us both reach the local. Well, that was at 1 pm. The chap claimed he never drinks on 1st Jan., only the night before, well fukk since he was paying I just sulked and drank my pitcher. He drank two glasses of Coca Cola. Then another mate called me up and the first one dropped me at his home.

Set out for just driving around again , and I used my not too subtle hints to get back to the local again. Here the 2nd chap claimed it was some religious occassion for him (it wasn't as far as I know) and that he'd stick to juice. Well I drank a pitcher and ordered another and the chap left apologizing saying he had a family affair to attend, leaving me in the bar.

Then I called up a chap and he just refused to meet at the pub, telling me we'd have a piss up morrow or something but right now he had work to do etc etc. Sounded darn fishy to me.

By this time I'd been there for like 5-6 hours so I called up another mate to come pick me up. When he came, I told him to have a bit of beer, not too much eh, just to relax a bit before setting for home. Naah, he said he was feeling woozy and would just have snacks and water.

Anyway, what were you guys talking about...?
To sit down with these men and deal with them as a representative of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride one's own dignity and to invite the disaster their treachery will bring upon us - Gen. Ridgeway

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Wingman wrote:
Jozer wrote:'undrunk' to 'undrunk'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwahahahhaaha! ha.
He didn't see that coming, ha!

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

One for the Frog wrote:
Wingman wrote:
Jozer wrote:'undrunk' to 'undrunk'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwahahahhaaha! ha.
He didn't see that coming, ha!
Actually I wanted to say exactly the same to Swede, too.

Come on, have another one.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Chimneyfish wrote:Do you usually drink at home or do you go out? I know people like to glamorize the idea of drinking by yourself, but I think it should be considered more of a last resort. Part of the fun is the anticipation of not knowing what the night has in store or where you'll end up.
Very much agree. I'm not immune to the charms of being alone with the monkey now and again, but drinking is first and foremost a social activity. Try out some new bars, go to some beer/wine/spirit tastings. Go to a beer joint and see if you can run the taps before passing out. Play drinking games. Get blasted, get laid, get in trouble, get a questionable tattoo. Steal, gamble, fight, heckle the visiting team til you get kicked out. The possibilities are endless!
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

coqui_chris wrote:I remember when I was still pissing my bed regularly, and everybody was asking me why drinking hadn't lost its mojo ...

But hey, "shit happens"
yeah shit happens, its only happend to me a few times, but what can you do.

As far as losing your mojo, I have forced myself to drink when I really didnt want to, but after the first few, the mojo came back and I continued on through the night. For me, its usually the old lady making me feel bad for drinking, because she says that i am killing myself. I have lost family and friend due to cirrosis so i get that thrown in my face alot. but then i think about my grandpa who is still alive and kicking and a fully functional alcoholic somewhere in his 70's. So....everybody is different. I am a homedrinker, last time i was at a bar was for the company christmas party, i was paying $10 for double jamesons, it was a good time but for me not worth the money, id rather get drunk at home. As far as the mojo I think it changes over time, i dont have the same mojo i had when i was 16, but i still got it. you said that drinking still relaxes you, that is the mojo, enjoy it for what it is. Either take a break so you can appriciate what you had, or go on a bender, I mean a real fucking bender, take a few days off work if you got any vacation or sick time and go all out and remind yourself what the mojo is all about. Its all in your head, get your shit together.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Try out some new bars, go to some beer/wine/spirit tastings. Go to a beer joint and see if you can run the taps before passing out. Play drinking games. Get blasted, get laid, get in trouble, get a questionable tattoo. Steal, gamble, fight, heckle the visiting team til you get kicked out. The possibilities are endless!
this is good shit. one time back in the day, my favorite and i decided we'd see what all we could get for free in an evening. that was fun. i wasn't exactly blasted, as i couldn't just refill my cup when i wanted, but it was fun nonetheless, and we were both unable to operate a motor vehicle legally by midnight or so.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

HappyLittleBoozer
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by HappyLittleBoozer »

Be thankful you are able to drink with no ill effects. Having a family with a history of migraine means drinking can sometimes be the trigger for me, which means on rare occasions I have to stop drinking entirely for a month or two just to get my head back in check while my migraines sort themselves out.
Luckily though I never lose the taste of a good pint/thirst for a good scotch and i'm soon back hitting the bottle. But it does make me somewhat saddened that the great drink many take for granted all day/every day I just sometimes have to cut-down on due to being incapacitated by.

It loses its appeal for sure when my head is stuck between a bowl and the room is spinning all around me no thanks to my parents genetic migraines, but the mojo is never lost a couple of days later.

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Post by Modern Drunkard »

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- the booze ain't for everybody.

That said, those of us it is for--there is nothing quite like the booze. Call it a flaw in my character (I'm going first person now because I can only speak for myself, though I will likely site outside references as I go along), but to me, the booze it the best thing that ever happened to me.

It makes me more human. Without it I am a stark misanthrope. If you love the world undrunk, god bless you and good luck and what a wonderful person you are. But me, I only have pleasant visions of the Apocalypse when I've no liquor in my veins. Give me a couple of drinks and I am a great lover of humanity; drunk I believe that mankind is the finest thing that ever happened to this or any other planet. What did that brilliant chap say whose name I cannot presently remember? "You are not human until you are drunk."

Some say alcohol makes you an animal but it's the contrary. It was alcohol that leveraged us out of that animal world. That push that let us say to the other mammals: you are delicious and we will devour you at will. It's what separates us from the beasts. I know this is true because I am drunk out of my mind and I love every one of you bastards.

This is the gift of the booze.