Drinking has lost it's mojo

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Judge

Re: Drinking has lost it's mojo

Post by Judge »

From time to time, any activity we love can lose its magic. The world into which we discovered it may have changed and passed away. A love for painting can fade when the muse becomes faded. I doesn't mean you've lost your love for the activity but that it no longer holds the same desperate importance to you. It's not a bad or good thing. It just is.

You may find that you feel a need to keep up the boozing because you owe it or yourself to stay the course. Never let a habit you no longer feel an affinity for enslave you. They say booze captures people, and for some it may be true, but for others it liberates us. It has liberated you. Whether you need to continue some arbitrary allegiance to it is up to you.

Should you choose to move on to other things, feel free to do so. Know that the tender taste of that first beer, first whisky will be here waiting for you should you wish to revisit the hauntings of the past.

Booze is not an obligation but a avocation that you can take up or not as you choose. You won't loose your boozer credentials for not getting pissed up on the next Thursday night. I'd imagine that should the mood take you, you could still drink most of your mates right under the table even after an extended dry period.

Liberate yourself my friend from anything you feel obligated to except yourself.

Of course, the next round is on you when you come around.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Salviati
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Salviati »

Judge wrote:From time to time, any activity we love can lose its magic. The world into which we discovered it may have changed and passed away. A love for painting can fade when the muse becomes faded. I doesn't mean you've lost your love for the activity but that it no longer holds the same desperate importance to you. It's not a bad or good thing. It just is.

You may find that you feel a need to keep up the boozing because you owe it or yourself to stay the course. Never let a habit you no longer feel an affinity for enslave you. They say booze captures people, and for some it may be true, but for others it liberates us. It has liberated you. Whether you need to continue some arbitrary allegiance to it is up to you.

Should you choose to move on to other things, feel free to do so. Know that the tender taste of that first beer, first whisky will be here waiting for you should you wish to revisit the hauntings of the past.

Booze is not an obligation but a avocation that you can take up or not as you choose. You won't loose your boozer credentials for not getting pissed up on the next Thursday night. I'd imagine that should the mood take you, you could still drink most of your mates right under the table even after an extended dry period.

Liberate yourself my friend from anything you feel obligated to except yourself.

Of course, the next round is on you when you come around.
Once again, well put. I have nothing else to add.
Booze is the big middle finger towards existence.
Absinthe makes the heart grow stronger.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Judge; very wisely said indeed.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Hear, hear, Your Honor.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

huh

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

lock this fucking steming shitpile of a thread.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

J. Tequila wrote:lock this fucking steming shitpile of a thread.
Hahahahahahaha
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I was really looking forward to visiting Thirsty in June for the Metallica tribute band concert, but now I'm a little scared . . . .

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Just bring your own toilet paper and/or portable toilet.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I used to write every day. Now,I try, but it just makes me sad. I still drink, though. Got to do that, don't I?
like tears in rain

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Savage wrote:I used to write every day. Now,I try, but it just makes me sad. I still drink, though. Got to do that, don't I?
Keep writing everyday, but maybe just not in this forum. It makes me sad, too, sometimes, this forum.
But keep drinking. Heck, get a novel going. That's what cheers me up in the mornings. I love to write and write when I've had a few...

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

not drinking never had mojo. Now thats deep.......

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Ptflea2 wrote:not drinking never had mojo. Now thats deep.......
Good point.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

i got my mojo workin'....
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

JimLahey