5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: 5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

Post by Bur »

redshift wrote:I will stick with my Labatt Blue light thanks when I want cheap beer.
You vile creature, I presume you are one of those "I drink to get drunk"-types. Damn my cover is blowing with this flu. Might as well break it in that I work for MADD nowadays.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Bur wrote:
redshift wrote:I will stick with my Labatt Blue light thanks when I want cheap beer.
You vile creature, I presume you are one of those "I drink to get drunk"-types. Damn my cover is blowing with this flu. Might as well break it in that I work for MADD nowadays.
More Advantageous Discounts on Drinks?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Mr Boozificator wrote:More Advantageous Discounts on Drinks?
Not sure, I signed up last weekend and was too drunk to pay notice to such details.

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

I don't drink Hoegaarden because I lived in Belgium a couple of years before many of their beers were exported and I just have had too much of white beers.
I'm also a little tired of Leffe but it's still a very efficient morning beer.
I don't particulary like it and I don't wanna be seen with a Heineken because I know many really good men who would think "What is he doing with that tourist beer?".
If I buy a few 8,6 as emergency morning beers to get rid of the worse, I really don't wanna be seen drinking them on a bench or so because in France the 8.6 has become the symbol of gutter punks who are not necessarily all bad but when you have hangover anxiety, you do have enough on your plate.
It's funny because I've read the detailed story of the Dutch beer 8.6 and it's a complete and hilarious marketing failure. The brand was absolutely not meant to become the symbol of homeless streetbeer in France and which scares regular pedestrians. It was just the result of superficial studies and cheap marketing.
It's even more hilarious to know that they today fight to make that can hip with the help of all kind of arty-farty things.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Weird ^^^ we have a german beer called 5.0 original.

Why they feel the urge to point out it`s originality is beyond me.
They market it for having no need of any label. That huskie wouldn`t fly well with the regulars here.

And I agree, Heineken is liquid plastic
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

i dont mind heiny to be fair...i mean dont get me wrong i'm not gonna stroke my cock to it but it's better than having a fucking carling.

in the uk there is a beer called stones bitter...absolutely no one buys it. it's too cheap and shit for your average drinker and too weak for your average bum...no idea how it's still on the market other than to be something you bring to somebody's house party before drinking their more expensive beer all night.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I became burned out on Heineken and Amstel after a month or two in the Netherlands during the mid 90s, much to the point that I would hop the train down to Antwerp just to buy some Jupiler and DeKoninck.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:31 am
I became burned out on Heineken and Amstel after a month or two in the Netherlands during the mid 90s, much to the point that I would hop the train down to Antwerp just to buy some Jupiler and DeKoninck.
yeah man..... still all bout that Grolsch life.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis