5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: 5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

Post by Frankennietzsche »

The price of everything always goes up. As long as it is selling, it won't go down.

Also, all typesof draft beer is usually the almost all profit.

The key is to do the drunkard algebra: price dividded by quantity tempered by desire. Is it the destination or the voyage? A case of Natty Ice versus a bigass bottle of some Belgian Trappist Ale?

These are the questions that keep me up in life.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

Drink Corona. Never drink Milwakes best anymore I used to drink Milwakees best because of the low price but now I simply is be realize how gross that Shiste simply really is, blatantly.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

I gotta ask, why is light beer so popular in America? The only people who should drink light beer are people who don't enjoy being drunk but do enjoy urinating.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I was surprised to find that light beer is often about 4% abv, which is just as strong as the majority of lager sold in the uk, so we seem to have been tricked into buying light beer without the name
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

Never buy Prison beer.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Freddie AppsHero wrote:I gotta ask, why is light beer so popular in America? The only people who should drink light beer are people who don't enjoy being drunk but do enjoy urinating.
Just tradition, I think it was born out of it being relatively hot in the summertime in most of the U.S. Nothing like 30 cans of light beer to help cool off...
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Most drunks I know here pair every beer with a shot of the hard stuff, too.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

Eat a fuckingkl bag of cockls you fucking blogging dicksmokling mother; fucker. While ;your contemplating wxhich brew too; down with your organic salad I'll be drinking ;this Bohemian will ruubbing ra3w scrapllle on my nipples and listenaing to Ancdrew WK.

I'm abou;t to get pwodered wiggec. lOng lisve Abraham; OVerholt.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

DeeboCools wrote:
Freddie AppsHero wrote:I gotta ask, why is light beer so popular in America? The only people who should drink light beer are people who don't enjoy being drunk but do enjoy urinating.
Just tradition, I think it was born out of it being relatively hot in the summertime in most of the U.S. Nothing like 30 cans of light beer to help cool off...
One has to agree with that. I may prefer belgian beer home, but nothing like a PBR a minute when you're sitting in the garden behind the RoadHouse during the last week-end of May. Especially if you fish the PBR out of a human organ cooler.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Mr Boozificator wrote:One has to agree with that. I may prefer belgian beer home, but nothing like a PBR a minute when you're sitting in the garden behind the RoadHouse during the last week-end of May. Especially if you fish the PBR out of a human organ cooler.
Hell yes! A PBR a minute! Good stuff, that.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Not that i advocate its use, but the thing about light (lite) beer is that it is meant to be dranken at public events in the summer. I believe that it is also meant to enable drinking substantial quantities without the resultant total drunkenness that those Southern Baptists abhor. It is one of those wonderful American phenomenon that try to please both sides without pleaseing either. Also, it is supposed to please both men and women. I've never been a fan.

I do have to say that I drank some Michelobe Ultra (some-fruit flavor). It was non-flavorful, but I did notice that it was very potent compared to any lite beer and some regular macros. I would never buy it, but when some theatre people leave it in my girlfriend's refridgerator, I will drink it.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

[quote="FNZ"]Not that i advocate its use, but the thing about light (lite) beer is that it is meant to be dranken at public events in the summer. I believe that it is also meant to enable drinking substantial quantities without the resultant total drunkenness that those Southern Baptists abhor. It is one of those wonderful American phenomenon that try to please both sides without pleaseing either. Also, it is supposed to please both men and women. I've never been a fan.

I do have to say that I drank some Michelobe Ultra (some-fruit flavor). It was non-flavorful, but I did notice that it was very potent compared to any lite beer and some regular macros. I would never buy it, but when some theatre people leave it in my girlfriend's refridgerator, I will drink it

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

Mr. Viking wrote:I was surprised to find that light beer is often about 4% abv, which is just as strong as the majority of lager sold in the uk, so we seem to have been tricked into buying light beer without the name
Apparently "light beer" means something different in America. Bud is 5%, Bud Light is 4.2%. Barely seems worth having two different products.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Pretty much what FNZ said above.

Light beer is best served out of a large, outdoor, rubber trash barrel with a 50lb (@22kg) block of ice placed in the bottom, stacked with cans of light beer and then filled with water from a garden hose. Wait @1/2 hour and the beer will be near freezing (it's optimal serving temperature) and ready to drink. As you drink the beer and the ice slowly melts, you top it up with more cans of beer. Lasts all day.

Great for lengthy, outdoor, summertime parties/barbecues -- especially in the U.S. Southwest -- where pacing and hydration are as important as eventual inebriation.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Light beer dosnt have that much less alcohol then the regular, I always thought light beer was for the men who were conciencious about their weight seeing as how it has a lot less calories.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs