5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: 5 Beers No Man Should Drink...

Post by One for the Frog »

The one you don't drink, the one you don't call beer.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I guess Natty Light didn't make the list because you should have stopped drinking it well in advance of turning 25. I'd say 19 or 20.

I was chatting with a beer distributor the other day and he mentioned that bars are really digging the whole craft beer thing because it makes the margins insane. A half-barrel keg of a local craft brew could run $200, but it holds about 120 pints. A lot of these "beer bars" charge $6-$8 a pint for the craft stuff. So they have the thing paid for after about 30 beers, with the next NINETY pours being profit.

I'll stick with Schlitz.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Salviati
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Salviati »

Bud is the best one on the list.

I'll stick with my Heineken.
Booze is the big middle finger towards existence.
Absinthe makes the heart grow stronger.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

The only ones on that list that I have tasted didn't taste bad, they simply didn't have a taste. So, you know, there's still alcohol and bubbles in it, and if there's nothing else available, I'll just drink that.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mr Boozificator wrote:The only ones on that list that I have tasted didn't taste bad, they simply didn't have a taste. So, you know, there's still alcohol and bubbles in it, and if there's nothing else available, I'll just drink that.
Of course, the revered and sublime existence of Thirsty Drunk renders this list of 5 to be nothing more than one wannabe-hipster frat-boy scolding his peers.

As for myself, after the first 25, I really don't care what beer #26 tastes like.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Bullshit...Ill stick with budwiser. See the thing that gets me is that there is so much snobbery with the craft and miro beers. Now dont get me wrong there are some good ones out there, as well as some quality imports. I enjoy going to get a 6 pack of stella, its a good beer, but 9 x out 10 Im going to grab that 36er of bud. Im that way now and thats the way Im going to stay. A couple of weeks ago, a couple coworkers were talking about their favorite beers and putting down budwiser and pbr I mean just talking shit about how nasty it was and how they cant believe they ever drank that waterdowned crap. Then they asked me what I like, budwiser I said, and thought what a bunch of fucking snobs....and Ill drink you under the table.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

peetie44 wrote: As for myself, after the first 25, I really don't care what beer #26 tastes like.
zing!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I hate this snobbish bullshit! Esspecially from the perspective of "Hey, I'm just a not-politically-correct 'mans man' here, just tellin' it like is... A tough guy who knows that if you don't compete in the stupid race-to-the-hoppiest microbrews you're as good as a BOY. There I said it! Zing! I'm better than you! I have a job forfeiting my hateful blogposts to shitty 'what's manly' websites for free because I'm a SUCCCESS. I've MOVED ON, unlike you, who must be as uncool as I know deep down in my heart that I truly am."
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Miklo wrote: what a bunch of fucking snobs....and Ill drink you under the table.
You and me too bud, Story of my life! Cheers
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

I thought Bud was pretty good, actually.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Pruno all around then!

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Keystone Ice gave me some headaches lately, otherwise those beers are fine. Also whoever compiled that list hasn't experienced Laser malt liquor.

MasSangre
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MasSangre »

red dog beer

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Seriously, I flipped through this post. A real man drinks whatever the hell he wants to drink, as does a real Savage and a real Grumpy. Fashions rise and fall, but a good drunkening is timeless.
like tears in rain