Which accent(s) do you assume whilst soused?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Which accent(s) do you assume whilst soused?

Post by NYDingbat »

If any? Is it intentional? Is it some weird spontaneous speech impediment - a vestige of a language you took in high school or Finnish? In case I have to be clear, this includes our Euro and beyond brethren - buncha actors have changed their accents here to an American one for the purpose of a show - Rick in Walking Dead, Bill and Jason in Walking Dead, Brody in Homeland, House in House - maybe you fellas can get laid even without that charming English, Irish or Australian accent.

I'll start it off - those around me tell me I've gone from sounding like my family in County Kerry, Ireland, to Boozie en Francais, to Bundy quite dirtais. So Farming Irish, Brave Boozie French, Mad Englishman. Sometimes within the hour.

To all who have the gall to remember if we've done this before - I bloody well know we've done this before (?) but there are new people on our lovely board and they, like myself, may not live long enough to sift through all the genius we've spouted over the years so why not just resurrect it - maybe we'll get a new accent. The Mars rover has been deployed a while now...
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Which accent(s) do you assume whilst soused?

Post by l... »

when I lived in NYC, I always assumed I could speak Spanish to car service drivers. not the case..i took French in high school. (don't really know that either.) ;)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Gypsy cab drivers are the aliens from Men In Black - say whatever the fuck ya want, they'll get ya there - including Pluto. They've got voice translator chips in their skulls or something, they speak English, Spanish and Drunkard - even if you mix the three - which I do A LOT
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Finnish accent, little scottish expressions mixed in and over usage of "ain't" and "fucking awesome". Will get further change look in to these matters as we will go in middle of nowhere with Vietnamese, Chinese, Hungarian and buncha Finnish folks. English will be the medium of communication thus in our Pagan Rituals.

Edit: And we are off to the wild, pocket whisky shall serve me well for the hour and half of drive ahead.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

My accent becomes more and more common (so my mum says) the drunker I get. I go from person with a mild south-eastern accent - that's basically London for you Johnny foreigners - to Dickensian pickpocket remarkably quickly. I have also been mistaken for an Australian by posh people.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Depending upon what I drink, either unintelligible or Vulcan.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Usually just my generic North West England accent but slowed down. I can do a good scouse accent when I'm drunk, and I love trying to impress strange women at bars with a smattering of French :-)
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

Palinka wrote:Depending upon what I drink, either unintelligible or Vulcan.
Sometimes just plain none.

OK, you can tell me mine, (having the unlucky experience).

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I sometimes sound more south dublin when I'm shouting, which I do more of when I'm drunk. Either that or I sometimes start with the lisburn accent (that's a grotty satelite town south of Belfast where I went to school). Never as badly as my brother though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

One for the Frog wrote:...you can tell me mine, (having the unlucky experience).
Hardly noticeable, my dear Ms Tepes...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I used to become very Irish when drunk. I spoke with an Irish accent as a wee boy, so it makes some sense.

I've been told that I sound Welsh at times. Can't disprove it.

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by sloweducation »

Always revert to upper Midwest, like Fargo but with less wood chippers.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

My guttural Phully-area accent stays firmly in place, although the Sowth Jurzee strain of it has a little more twang, so that's probably filtered in over the last eight years.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

People tell me that I sound more and more like Yul Brenner the more I drink.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

NYDingbat wrote:... but there are new people on our lovely board and they, like myself, may not live long enough to sift through all the genius we've spouted over the years so why not just resurrect it - maybe we'll get a new accent. The Mars rover has been deployed a while now...
You are a kind and also pleasing-to-the-eye lass, and here are solid thanks to you for your invitation to us newbies for participation in this interesting query.

For some odd reason, and as the Surreal fellow once noted (paraphrasing here), "Why is it that folks seem to feel the need to write in a voice with an accent from the British Isles?"

(Forgive this Newbie for describing Scotland, Wales, and Ireland as being British Isles)

My own and often state of inebriation lends me no chance to speak in a manner that has such rich heritage and evocation.

I just get more Down-Eastern.

"Yup, chummy, don't bogart that handle, or I'll chum ya to them lobstahs for the kitchen in my traps..."

However, when I write here, I tend to fall back on my schooling, and that includes the language I pursue in enjoyment. It has been named "English," after all.

Cheers
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze