Hanson - They're Cooler than you Think

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Girlie
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Hanson - They're Cooler than you Think

Post by Girlie »

From the brothers who brought you that annoyingly catchy song "MMMBop" comes the beer "MmmHops".

http://www.mmmhops.com/home.html

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Hanson - They're Cooler than you Think

Post by peetie44 »

Clicking on that link leads to a questionnaire regarding Hanson's latest tour, plus a t-shirt and a pint glass for sale.

Where's the beer?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Hmmm..This comes dangerously close to ad-fart-icing.

They seem a bit desperate and the fact that is unavailable for tastings and they can't even reveal its %ABV, combined with the fact that their beer's webpage practically begs one to attend a Hanson gig, makes me think that it's a PR gimmick (of course, I thought that about the Iron Maiden beer until I was faced with a pint...the horror, the horror...)...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Judge

Post by Judge »

In no fucking imaginable alternate reality do these douche bags get any kind of street cred by coming up with a beer looking like an irish ale and thinking anyone is going to buy it. Dudes don't like these guys and girls aren't clamoring for beers in green bottles unless its Heineken and they are mostly just posing when they do. Apologies of course to the east coast girls who swill Rolling Rock.

MMMhops just shows more ignorance where they fall into this idea if you over fucking hop the beer that somehow makes it good. It doesn't, just makes it cost more.

Sorry, rant. Hate boy bands (cost me money when my girls were young and having the 11 year old here is starting the nightmare over again with 1D-asshole Simon Cowel) hate overly hopped beer as swells think that makes it good. I have a 2 credit passing college grade from a world gold medal home brewing husband/wife team and I know my shit. As much as I care to know it.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

them goofy idiot boys grew up to get them some skills. respect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5yPcSnM-E
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

treetop

Post by treetop »

never tried their beer, don't buy their records but that's a pretty nice little set.

Judge

Post by Judge »

treetop wrote:them goofy idiot boys grew up to get them some skills. respect.
A. When did Stephen Baldwin join the Hansons?
B. I've seen a dozen bar bands sing the same thing. Bangin' on a box don't make you Keith Moon.

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Judge wrote:In no fucking imaginable ...
MMMhops just shows more ignorance where they fall into this idea if you over fucking hop the beer that somehow makes it good. It doesn't, just makes it cost more...
What's up with that stuff? I've tried most of it and I'm done gagging even though IPA's and their hopped out knock offs occupy most of the shelf space at my local vendor. Who is drinking this swill?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Lush City wrote:
Judge wrote:In no fucking imaginable ...
MMMhops just shows more ignorance where they fall into this idea if you over fucking hop the beer that somehow makes it good. It doesn't, just makes it cost more...
What's up with that stuff? I've tried most of it and I'm done gagging even though IPA's and their hopped out knock offs occupy most of the shelf space at my local vendor. Who is drinking this swill?
Well, these guys:

I'm sure you've seen them in your neck of the woods.

And this guy:

As he regales us with his decades of beer tasting excursions which make him an underpaid aficionado.

This guy decided he didn't give a shit:

This guy says he does, but face it, he'll drink anything he doesn't have to pay for....Natty Light here he comes:

CPE1704TKS

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

There is still beauty in this world.
But c'mon Judge, aren't some of these micro brews going over the top with the hopps thing?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Judge wrote:In no fucking imaginable alternate reality do these douche bags get any kind of street cred by coming up with a beer looking like an irish ale and thinking anyone is going to buy it. Dudes don't like these guys and girls aren't clamoring for beers in green bottles unless its Heineken and they are mostly just posing when they do. Apologies of course to the east coast girls who swill Rolling Rock.

MMMhops just shows more ignorance where they fall into this idea if you over fucking hop the beer that somehow makes it good. It doesn't, just makes it cost more.

Sorry, rant. Hate boy bands (cost me money when my girls were young and having the 11 year old here is starting the nightmare over again with 1D-asshole Simon Cowel) hate overly hopped beer as swells think that makes it good. I have a 2 credit passing college grade from a world gold medal home brewing husband/wife team and I know my shit. As much as I care to know it.
"Lighten up, Francis."
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Judge

Post by Judge »

frankennietzsche wrote:
Judge wrote:In no fucking imaginable alternate reality do these douche bags get any kind of street cred by coming up with a beer looking like an irish ale and thinking anyone is going to buy it. Dudes don't like these guys and girls aren't clamoring for beers in green bottles unless its Heineken and they are mostly just posing when they do. Apologies of course to the east coast girls who swill Rolling Rock.

"Lighten up, Francis."
You just made the list buddy.

CPE1704TKS

treetop

Post by treetop »

Judge wrote:
treetop wrote:them goofy idiot boys grew up to get them some skills. respect.
A. When did Stephen Baldwin join the Hansons?
B. I've seen a dozen bar bands sing the same thing. Bangin' on a box don't make you Keith Moon.
hah! you said moon.
i don't even know why that's funny to me at 6:20 a.m. on a weekday but it is.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Well, one of my favorite beers is Hopslam from Bell's. However, I doubt that this Mmmhops is even that hoppy, they probably just went with the name. Shit, even Miller Lite's commercial talk about how much hops they use and that is total BS.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Most of these trendy bars have on tap over hopped micro brews and wheat beers. It's important to ask for a sample. These over hopped concoctions may actually gag you they are so bitter. Battery acid is a good description. Wheat beers for some irritate the gut the next day.