Fundraising for The Memorial Fund

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

An In-House Auction of Drunkard and Drinking Memorabilia is

Poll ended at Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:56 am

1. A great idea. I have things that I will donate to be auctioned and would be interested in bidding.
43%
2. A good idea. I have things that I will donate to be auctioned.
No votes
3. A good idea. I may be interested in bidding.
21%
4. A good idea but I would be interested in more than just Drunkard or drinking memorablia.
36%
5. A bad idea. I am not interested.
No votes
6. Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 14

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Mayhem's Marker - The Memorial Fund

Post by Patchez »

It has been tasked to me to set up a Paypal account to take donations for these worthy causes. Palinka has informed me that Mayhem's family of friends would be honored by having a small (6" x 6") marker for Mayhem made up with the MDM logo and a short epitaph of some sort from us. After the purchase of said marker any leftover fundage will be transferred to I.... so she has the means to attend Mayhem's memorial gathering. Send any donations through PayPal to [email protected]. Right now the PP account is just via e-mail, I will be setting up a seperate account at my local credit union with my donation to make fund transfer and withdrawal less painless than the usual PP methods.

P.S. if this is in the wrong section please place where needed and such.
Last edited by Palinka (RIP) on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed to "sticky" until further notice.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Mayhem's Marker / I....'s Travel Fund

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

It's in the right section. It just needs to be made an "Announcement".

Which I'll do right now.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I will go to Mass and pray in his name.
like tears in rain

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I just sent a donation . . . forgot to make a note before I hit "send" - email address from the Geese is meganw5638 at blah blah blah. :) In case it isn't clear who it's from!

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Ok Mama. Thanks!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Has non-Paypal method of donations been set up?
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

'Kay, came out of my post holiday drunk and tried to donate, but was told I could not do so.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Have you got a PayPal account? Or are you going to try to send it snail mail like Bluto?

I logged into the account and everything seemed to be working ok.

Palinka (RIP)

Fundraising for The Memorial Fund

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

In the thread titled, "Mayhem's Marker - The Memorial Fund", I have floated an idea about raising money for the Memorial Fund

I thought that we could set up a Drunkard Memorabilia Auction, on The Board, where Board Members could offer up items for everyone to bid upon, with the proceeds going to the fund (we'd have to work something out about postage).

For example (amongst other things that I am willing to donate), I have a small pálinka glass, that was given to me by the owner of my local bar in Budapest; I know (and there may be photographic evidence to back this) that both Tim/DJF and Tony/Mayhem drank some házipálinka from this glass, at Con. 1. I am willing to put this item up for sale. The highest bidder gets the glass, the fund gets the money. It's that simple.*

If you like, hate or have something better than this idea, please vote on it and/or express your opinion.

* Except for the non-simple bit about postage and packaging costs. We would have to arrange something regarding postage. Whether the donor receives a seperate payment to cover postage from the buyer; or everything upon which a sale is agreed, is sent to a regional administrator (i.e. one person in the USA, one person in Europe etc) who then, not only arranges for the items to be posted to the individual buyer but also arranges for a money tranfer to the donor to cover the postal expence (should the donor wish to be reimbursed); or we just say that the donor will have to foot the bill (which may reduce the range and amount of things that people would be willing to donate); or, indeed, some other option.
Again, your thoughts, ideas, advice and questions would be most welcome, here.

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Mayhem's Marker - The Memorial Fund

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I have changed the title of this thread both to reflect that tragic event or late and to empasise that the fund will now go towards a memorial for all our fallen comrades: Tim/DJF, Schmernie, Fiona/Peripat, Tony/Mayhem and Liz/l... (and those, who used to be be Board regulars but have passed away, with no way for us to know of their passing).

What form this Memorial will take, whether it be physical (a plaque, a small stone, a sponsored city seat etc.) or otherwise (a charity donation (or several charity donations) in their names, funding to help someone in trouble or something else), is something that we should discuss. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, thoughts or questions, please put them here. However, for the moment, let's concentrate on raising the money, then, once we know how much we've got, we'll have a better idea of how best to put it to use.

As it stands, no one person is in charge of how the fund will be used, it is up to all of us (especially those that have donated). Should the time come when we will need to have a committee responsible for The Memorial Fund, that committee will be decided upon as democratically as possible and any decisions made or funds raised or used will be open to scrutiny.

I thought that we could set up a Drunkard Memorabilia Auction, on The Board, where Board Members could offer up items for everyone to bid upon, with the proceeds going to the fund (we'd have to work something out about postage). For example, I have a small pálinka glass, that was given to me by the owner of my local bar in Budapest; I know (and there may be photographic evidence to back this) that both Tim/DJF and Tony/Mayhem drank some házipálinka from this glass, at Con. 1. I am willing to put this item up for sale. The highest bidder gets the glass, the fund gets the money.

If you like, hate or have something better than this idea, please go to this thread to vote on it and/or express your opinion.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Fundraising for The Memorial Fund

Post by Badfellow »

Not a bad idea at all. I agree that the responsibility for postage/shipping costs is best left upon the buyer, thus encouraging people to donate who might not otherwise. Between all of us, we probably have enough priceless junk for auction to finance the marker with enough left over to construct the Mayhem Memorial Library and Center for Blackout Studies.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I think it's a good idea but I voted for number 4 - I like drunkard stuff, but I'm interested in seeing all your other crap as well.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I will rummage in all the war theatre souvenirs and donate something.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I'd like to contribute to this. I will buy something from this auction, and I can donate something that is specific to my tribe if there is interest in that.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I have some drinking goodies I have stashed for if/when I get my basement back from the daughter and can put in my dream bar. I could part with a few items as well as pick up replacements at the auctions.

That being said I voted for 4 because I'd like to see other things, hell, anything up for bids.