What did you drink when you were younger?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: What did you drink when you were younger?

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

At University I was a big fan of Banks Gold. Which is 7.4% barley wine. I'm pretty sure it was higher when I drank it. I used to come back from a lecture drink 4 cans and have a nice little siesta on my couch. It was always a nice nap, a sound sleep. At University I used to be very close to the brewry and so it was easily available. I haven't found it in London. This makes me sad.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm
At University I was a big fan of Banks Gold. Which is 7.4% barley wine. I'm pretty sure it was higher when I drank it. I used to come back from a lecture drink 4 cans and have a nice little siesta on my couch. It was always a nice nap, a sound sleep. At University I used to be very close to the brewry and so it was easily available. I haven't found it in London. This makes me sad.
Ok, the question should be: What did you not drink when you were younger?
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

oettinger wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:10 pm
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Sugar liquers. I never understood people who bought disaronno. Even my grandmother who used to drink sweet Riesling never bought that shit.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Also being British my mother used to give me brandy to fight toothache. I'm not sure it worked, but i got a good buzz

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Beer, because it was everywhere. Cheap swill wine, Boones Farm remembers, and whatever someone, including my eerily able to get away with it larcenous besty could steal from the grocery. Did you know how sick soup made with the crap from someone's daddy's fridge (including some spinach) and a big old wallop of Boones Farm Crapberry (tm) can make you crud my question mark is still broke

Anyway., graduating from that, I mostly drank whatever my dates would bring from the bar at discos where they never checked for id. So, usually something like a screwdriver. The perfect girly kid drink before they invented the Cosmo. Gosh, I would have drank my own weight in those!

Also, when I was actually old enough to buy for myself, little green bottles of California Cooler went very well with my lunchtime tuna sandwich. The seagulls always kept me company, knowing that I would toss the last scrappy bits to them.

Really, I didn't drink very much when i was a young girl. Made up for it later.
like tears in rain

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:35 am
Nausea wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:26 pm
scream ale wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 pm
I remember I used to love this shit. Mostly because it was 99¢.
I miss Olde English 800, but nobody carries it here anymore.
Around the time I turned fifteen and was still living at home with the parents, I somehow talked my father into buying me beer during his regular run to the liquor store. His conditions were that he would only buy me one bottle at a time and that I had to drink it at home.

Fair enough. So I would ask him to pick me up a 64 oz. glass picnic bottle of Old English 800 for $2 and I guzzled it merrily. Wish they still bottled those things, they were a hoot.
I've never seen the 64oz. bottles but we do have 42 oz. plastic bottles of OE near me. Younger me says drink it again, 2 more oz. wahoo. Older me wants to slap the shit out of younger me.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:20 am
oettinger wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:10 pm
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Sugar liquers. I never understood people who bought disaronno. Even my grandmother who used to drink sweet Riesling never bought that shit.
Oh, that’s not likker
That’s a mixer.
like tears in rain