Sunday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Sunday

Post by DrunkinEurope »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:01 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:00 am
DrunkinEurope wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:51 am

i mean that's just when the final starts....coming home aint it!
I'm Danish, so...I am rooting for Italy, after that "penalty" that should never have been! - come to think of it, might have to go get some Italian wine, as a way to show my support.
haha...i think you had the best of the ref that game to be fair! Pen was a touch light though... still you guys should be proud as fuck about your performance all the way through. great team Denmark and a nightmare to play against! Thought it was gonna be Lindisfarne all over again after that first goal!

what's good to drink from Denmark then?? the only beers we get from you guys in mass is Carslberg and Tuborg but I image you keep some good stuff to yourselves...anything I should look out for?
Also you should support England... you guys raped and pillaged over here enough that we are basically all cousins now anyway. hah
[/quote]

It almost felt like we were gonna relive the 1992 miracle, and I was too young back then properly to enjoy it. Deep down, I think I'm rooting for a good game, so the beers are consumed because of enthusiasm and not just to kill time.
A beer I like is called Royal (yeah, we also have a small obsession with monarchy...) but I may be biased because it's brewed in my hometown. Besides beer, there's also Aalborg Akvavit (aquavit, it's probably the English term). Kinda like Schnapps, does wonders as a nightcap.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good morning sunday drunks,

I think our animals get hangovers too. Just by staying up late with us. It`s a huge siesta going on right now. Damn Pawtyanimals.

I`ll wake AD up with some frozen tequila cocktails.

Cheers
Drink!

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

I have to teach my blackout self to make frozen cocktails for hungover me. It'd be a nice surprise to wake up(/come to) to. Right now, opening a bottle of beer is as strainful as lifting two cases of booze.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Rise and shine! It's Wild Turkey time.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, it's Sunday nite for me and I'm looking at an early date with my Sealy Posturepedic. I'm talking serious face time. It's been a 4 day bender for me now it's time to regenerate some liver cells.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good morning sunday imbibes,

I couldn`t really tell how I made it to bed last night.

I don`t have as many blackouts as I used to though. I don`t know why. My intake has been pretty much the same for the last two decades.

What is the longest timespan you ever lost in a blackout? A couple of hours? A whole night? I think mine must be around 5-6 hours before waking up in a hospital.

Prosit and black out please!
Drink!

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:46 am
What is the longest timespan you ever lost in a blackout? A couple of hours? A whole night? I think mine must be around 5-6 hours before waking up in a hospital.
I'd say my longest blackout lasted about 12 hours (if we count the time I was asleep/passed out). According to witnesses, I shuffled out of a bar, got into a fight with a lamppost, then made it home and passed out on my bed, but a couple of hours later, I got up to take a piss and laid down in the bathtub, before my then-roommates dragged my protesting carcass back to bed. Quite frankly, the last thing I remember from that night is sitting in a bar trading shots of bourbon and scotch with an Irish guy and his girlfriend. My next memory is waking up early in the afternoon.
It's been a while since I got a blackout, though, mostly because I rarely get one when drinking at home. And with the whole pandemic and my personal refusal to visit bars ever since they banned smoking indoors, it's been a long while since I did some serious drinking outside of the apartment.

Anyway, happy Sunday boozing, folks!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I think I get longer blackouts when I`m out drinking.

Maybe I "remember" TM those times better
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

It is your moral duty to imbibe on Sunday night if you are of a Christian denomination and more so if you are Roman Catholic. Then Monday morning you feel the brunt of your sins and move along accordingly doing penance and earning indulgences for the next weekend!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 pm
It is your moral duty to imbibe on Sunday night if you are of a Christian denomination and more so if you are Roman Catholic. Then Monday morning you feel the brunt of your sins and move along accordingly doing penance and earning indulgences for the next weekend!
True, very true

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush Christus has spoken
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good afternoon sunday drunks.

One of our cats has been limping since we`ve been up. Plus he won`t eat or drink.

I`m so sick of going to the vet. Can`t the cat just get drunk and walk it off?

Cheers
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Good evening sunday drunks,

do you guys sometimes drink so much that it`ll fuck up your sleeping routine. As like I slept the whole day yesterday and then crashed in the next morning the next day after drinking on skype at 7 a.m.

It`s like surfing a drunken wave of passouts.

Cheers and don`t pass out (yet)
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I'm planning a great Sunday. I'm walking down to the local Mexican restaurant and ordering a couple shredded beef tacos and a tall glass of Pacifico lager draft. After that I'll walk down to the beach bar and order a stiff martini and another Pacifico draft. That's all she wrote!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

It's Sunday, day of worship (at least according to Constantine) so, I would hope you all get some spirits into yourselves.