Shit monday

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Shit monday

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:I'm worried already about next monday lurching around
Agreed. It's out there, lurching around, with arms outstretched, making Frankenstein noises.

What a time to suddenly run out of grenades.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sunday glory monday gory.
I hate the dreaded beginning of the week. If I go down one day I will do all of yours a favor and will take this sucker with me.
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mondays are a pretty shitty way to spend 1/7th of your life.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Monday has hit me with its mighty hammer especially hard this day. I have a cold, and a slight temperature, keep violently sneezing. Trying to cure it with some whiskey but so far its not helping so I should take many more of them.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote: I hate the dreaded beginning of the week. If I go down one day I will do all of yours a favor and will take this sucker with me.
Patchez wrote:Mondays are a pretty shitty way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Damn. These are highly quotable.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Even Bob Geldof has a thing about Mondays.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

When you oversleep longer than two hours it doesn`t matter if you snatch another 40 minutes on in it for mornings cigarette duties doesn`t it?
I blame my new cell phone.
Drink!

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

oettinger wrote:When you oversleep longer than two hours it doesn`t matter if you snatch another 40 minutes on in it for mornings cigarette duties doesn`t it?
I blame my new cell phone.
That's what you get for staying up till 3 am!

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I woke up really early having only slept 3 hours or so. I actually nodded off with head resting on some lovely paper work. Woke up really groggy later this afternoon sweating like a pig. I love it when stuff just coincidentally stacks up to a period of a single week.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Bur wrote:I woke up really early having only slept 3 hours or so. I actually nodded off with head resting on some lovely paper work. Woke up really groggy later this afternoon sweating like a pig. I love it when stuff just coincidentally stacks up to a period of a single week.
Go with the liquor. The liquor makes it easier.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

JimLahey wrote:
Bur wrote:I woke up really early having only slept 3 hours or so. I actually nodded off with head resting on some lovely paper work. Woke up really groggy later this afternoon sweating like a pig. I love it when stuff just coincidentally stacks up to a period of a single week.
Go with the liquor. The liquor makes it easier.
Yes. This.

My mondays are always hell, with nattering old ladies thinking they are in charge hectoring me endlessly but I face it with equimity knowing I have an escape ready and don't own or owe.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Fuck Mondays. Should have been the worst monday in existence. The girl I've been in this awkward limbo state with for 10 months (Yes, a long time. Yes, it was complicated) suddenly started a relationship yesterday, and didn't have the gall to tell me, and I failed a bunch of shit in school. I ended up taking a giant thermos (I'm talking those industrial sized Stanley Thermoses) to class and started drinking the moment I woke up, and so far I'm still doing good. Still rocking flask pulls after an irish car bomb before I move onto the rocks. My phone killed itself last night right when I found out about her. Then my internet connection killed itself before I came home so I was completely cut off from the world so drank, played ace combat on my playstation, and feel pretty good.

But really, fuck her. Leading me on for ten months in a complicated ass situation that seemed perfectly reasonable, then just instantaneously dropping me. I thought once she got those personal issues worked out, we could have been the perfect pair, considering we were best friends for a year before.

Oh well, Ce'st la vie. In the words of mistah willies,

DRINK!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

brandonman wrote:Fuck Mondays. Should have been the worst monday in existence. The girl I've been in this awkward limbo state with for 10 months (Yes, a long time. Yes, it was complicated) suddenly started a relationship yesterday, and didn't have the gall to tell me, and I failed a bunch of shit in school. I ended up taking a giant thermos (I'm talking those industrial sized Stanley Thermoses) to class and started drinking the moment I woke up, and so far I'm still doing good. Still rocking flask pulls after an irish car bomb before I move onto the rocks. My phone killed itself last night right when I found out about her. Then my internet connection killed itself before I came home so I was completely cut off from the world so drank, played ace combat on my playstation, and feel pretty good.

But really, fuck her. Leading me on for ten months in a complicated ass situation that seemed perfectly reasonable, then just instantaneously dropping me. I thought once she got those personal issues worked out, we could have been the perfect pair, considering we were best friends for a year before.

DRINK!
Eh, don't sweat it. You'll have others and you'll lose them too and more will come. Probably had a mile of dick in her anyway.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

JimLahey wrote:
brandonman wrote:Fuck Mondays. Should have been the worst monday in existence. The girl I've been in this awkward limbo state with for 10 months (Yes, a long time. Yes, it was complicated) suddenly started a relationship yesterday, and didn't have the gall to tell me, and I failed a bunch of shit in school. I ended up taking a giant thermos (I'm talking those industrial sized Stanley Thermoses) to class and started drinking the moment I woke up, and so far I'm still doing good. Still rocking flask pulls after an irish car bomb before I move onto the rocks. My phone killed itself last night right when I found out about her. Then my internet connection killed itself before I came home so I was completely cut off from the world so drank, played ace combat on my playstation, and feel pretty good.

DRINK!
Eh, don't sweat it. You'll have others and you'll lose them too and more will come. Probably had a mile of dick in her anyway.
Can confirm she had one guy before me in her and that was it.

I'm still a semi-young'in', but I have this problem where I focus solely on one girl. I've only felt this way about somebody once before. Call me a pussy, but I'm more interested in finding a close relationship with somebody I love than going out and getting my dick wet. I've had plenty of drunk girls throw themselves at me, but even in my drunken stupor, decided not to persue in that regard for personal moral integrity reasons.

i'm starting to wonder if that's held me back for too long.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

brandonman wrote:
JimLahey wrote:

DRINK!
Can confirm she had one guy before me in her and that was it.

I'm still a semi-young'in', but I have this problem where I focus solely on one girl. I've only felt this way about somebody once before. Call me a pussy, but I'm more interested in finding a close relationship with somebody I love than going out and getting my dick wet. I've had plenty of drunk girls throw themselves at me, but even in my drunken stupor, decided not to persue in that regard for personal moral integrity reasons.

i'm starting to wonder if that's held me back for too long.
How can you confirm? You're taking the word of someone who is dumping you? I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just hoping you will get past it quick. She's out looking for another dick, the sooner you can realize that the sooner you can go out and look for other women too. Best of luck to ya bro and may the liquor be with you.