Smokers Corner

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Smokers Corner

Post by Badfellow »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 am
My house is like the smoking room at the Atlanta airport.

Ah, fond memories of the lucite smoking box at Hartsfield. I felt like a bug encased in nicotine.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I quit 10 years ago, I never noticed the smell until I stopped. Sometimes my neighbor smokes outside which does kinda funkify my house just a touch in the warmer months with the windows open and what not. But it fades kinda fast, I've learned to cope.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Smoking is good for you, that's why medical professionals prescribed it in the 1950s.

The tax on my tobacco funds our health service. That's right. I'm saving lives one smoke at a time!

The Queen should fucking knight me. Actually, fuck that I'd like a peerage. Lord Smokey Pisshead of SAaaaaaaath Laaaaaaaanden!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:07 pm
ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:20 am
My house is like the smoking room at the Atlanta airport.

Ah, fond memories of the lucite smoking box at Hartsfield. I felt like a bug encased in nicotine.
I will always hold a soft spot in my respiratory system for that place. Back in the day I had a 5 our layover at Hartsfield-Jackson. This was just after the Atlanta Olympic bombing but pre 9/11, so things were not as uptight as they are now but they were laying the groundwork to make it harder to get drunk in airports.
Across the walkway from the smoking cage was a bar, I think it was tiki themed but I don't recall. They had a special pint and shot of Crown Royal for four bucks. The good old days indeed, even with a tip that was a hell of a deal especially in an airport bar. And I had a pocket full of fives. So I spent my evening crossing the pathway between drinks and smokes. Nachos may have been involved at one point.
Anyway the smoking room, I remember it vividly - the uneven shades of brown cascading down the wallpaper in the back of the room, the fuliginous amber plexiglass separating us from the innocent, the ceiling vents that seemed to ooze molasses, the disgusted looks from passersby as if they had just witnessed a cage of fuming masturbating zoo animals. I would light up a Pall Mall, hit it once or twice, then let it just burn. By the end of the day I had it calculated that sitting in that room for 4 minutes was the equivalent of smoking 10 unfiltered lucky Strikes (at 1.2 mg of nicotine) .
By the time I got to Tampa I was severely drunk and had gone through all stages of cancer.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Come to Marlboro Country

I hate horses btw
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

It's like a trailer for the most boring movie in existence.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm
It's like a trailer for the most boring movie in existence.
...they said that in your men-group I guess
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

What the fuck - how can anyone hate horses?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I remember reading somewhere that the Marlboro Man got trapped in an ashtray during the winter of 1886 and had to eat his horse.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Grumpy installed a screen door last year and when the neighbors smoke outside our whole foyer hall and eventually, our entire house stinks like grandpappy's ashtray. I just do not understand why some smokers go outside to smoke. If they do not like the odor in their own home, why do they smoke at all, and why do they think I want to smell their stink? Same thing with drivers. When stopped at a light, why does the smoker next to me all but stick their ciggie in my window? Just smoke it in your vehicle. I get it. It's hot, but not air conditioner hot, so we've got our windows open, but damn. If you love the tobacco, smoke inside your car, so the wafting scent is not so strong to others.

I don't smoke (duh) but I cook. Sometimes I cook food that reeks of garlic, or chilis, or fish or whatever. I don't haul a cooker out front to cook said food. I cook it inside, because I like it, and I enjoy the fragrance. Whets the appetite.

BTW, I love perfume. Collect new and vintage. I try to remember that not everyone enjoys my favorite fragrance. Moderation, people, and don't spritz unless you are alone. BTW, there is nothing that I have found to remove the fragrance of a scrubber. I mean, bleach and steel wool won't help you. Any hints perfumistas?
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We like cigarettes, we don`t like the scent.
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Savage wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 am
I don't smoke (duh) but I cook. Sometimes I cook food that reeks of garlic, or chilis, or fish or whatever. I don't haul a cooker out front to cook said food. I cook it inside, because I like it, and I enjoy the fragrance. Whets the appetite.
If they're vegan or vegetarian you could always just grill large quantities of meat everytime they go out for a smoke. That'll show 'em who's boss.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

What are you all doing for smoker's cough? I smoke a big cigar and a bunch of bong hits of high potency weed. In the morning I end up with a dry cough that is very annoying. I think the end is near.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:09 am
What are you all doing for smoker's cough? I smoke a big cigar and a bunch of bong hits of high potency weed. In the morning I end up with a dry cough that is very annoying. I think the end is near.
Drink milk with your morning cocktail
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Savage wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 am
Grumpy installed a screen door last year and when the neighbors smoke outside our whole foyer hall and eventually, our entire house stinks like grandpappy's ashtray. I just do not understand why some smokers go outside to smoke. If they do not like the odor in their own home, why do they smoke at all, and why do they think I want to smell their stink? Same thing with drivers. When stopped at a light, why does the smoker next to me all but stick their ciggie in my window?

The reason is quite simple: we smokers go outside to smoke as a courtesy to those who do not. With all due respect, your lack of understanding this is your own failing.