Smokers Corner

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Smokers Corner

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Latakia blends are where it's at. In Europe we have to try particularly hard to get some of those lat-bombs you guys smoke. You know, the Cornell and Diehl blends. I think most of us European latakia lovers stick with Dunhill blends, nightcap is probably the best we have.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Herman wrote:Latakia blends are where it's at. In Europe we have to try particularly hard to get some of those lat-bombs you guys smoke. You know, the Cornell and Diehl blends. I think most of us European latakia lovers stick with Dunhill blends, nightcap is probably the best we have.
It's really good when you mix in Virgina and Burley for the blend.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Happiness is a house cigar from your local tobacconist shop that is under $5 and is rich and satisfying. This is the revenge against cheap cigars.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

JPS Blue. The offie didn't have black. Once you go black... etc etc

for those not of british extraction, these are a sub-premium brand, with a multitude of varieties, and a dry, dusty flavour
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

brandonman wrote:
oettinger wrote: Try bukkako-tabacco
I read this as bukkake. hehehe
Easy! Don`t outsmart yourself here.

They soon will put these "scary" lung-cancer images on cigarette boxes here in germany.
Question: Will they print the same on a fine wooden 300 dollar cigar box?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:They soon will put these "scary" lung-cancer images on cigarette boxes here in germany.
Yes, and not just on the wrapper, they'll use those stickers with the glue that never comes off
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:
oettinger wrote:They soon will put these "scary" lung-cancer images on cigarette boxes here in germany.
Yes, and not just on the wrapper, they'll use those stickers with the glue that never comes off
... but still refuse stickers on cheap vodka that tell you how cool you are for drinking it. Hypocrites
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

If you stop smoking because someone is telling you to quit, I feel sorry for you. Smoking tobacco goes hand in hand with drinking. Deal with it and quit your whining. Thank you. Now I will have my bedtime Martini and cheap cigar. See you tomorrow.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I was asked a while ago to upload some pictures of my pipe collection thus far. These are two really shitty pictures, you'll have to excuse me i've been drinking since I came back from work.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

You know, every time we've seen you on that Skype thing, no one can see your face for all of the smoke.

Sometimes, one would suspect that you have several going at once, as well, as two or three between the teeth.

Damn fine pics, good drinker.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

prodigalson
Souse
Souse

Post by prodigalson »

I’ve never smoked a whole cigarette, although I’ve been smoking cigars since I was eleven or twelve. We’d swipe a couple packs of Swisher Sweets, along with a few bottles of cheap wine on a Friday or Saturday night, then sit around a fire out in the woods, drinking, smoking, and discussing the relative merits of Ripple, Annie Green Springs, and Boone’s Farm (as if they had any relative merits). We smoked those cigars like we were tycoons.

Since then, I’ve developed a bad habit of grinding my teeth (has to do with a woman), and I do this when I have a cigar in my mouth, as well as when I don’t, so my cigars tend to get mangled on one end. I sometimes wind up with bits of tobacco stuck between my teeth, but I tell people I get twice the use out of my cigars by lighting one end and chewing on the other, meeting in the middle.

A few years ago, I was walking out of a grocery store, unwrapping a cigar, when a little white-haired old woman stopped in front of me and shook her finger in my face.

“Why do you smoke those things?” she asked. “Do you know what you look like? You look like you’ve got a big dog turd hanging out of your mouth! Why do you smoke those things?!”

I took the cigar out of my mouth, held it out and examined it while I pondered the question: Why did I smoke these things? Finally, I had the answer.

“When I chew them,” I told her, “I get shit in my teeth.”

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:I was asked a while ago to upload some pictures of my pipe collection thus far. These are two really shitty pictures, you'll have to excuse me i've been drinking since I came back from work.
Great collection! I detect a Savinelli signature free hand in the foreground. Have one very similar which has been a close friend for 25yrs.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Lush City wrote:Great collection! I detect a Savinelli signature free hand in the foreground. Have one very similar which has been a close friend for 25yrs.
Unfortunately not, It's a Ben Wade freehand probably early 80s when Preben Holm was at the helm.

To be honest though i'm not massively into the freehands, I like the more classic shapes. Though a Savinelli Autograph freehand with a nice straight grain...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There is a german website dedicated against all those european tobaco laws: No english sadly, but funny to browse through
Drink!