Your local weather reports

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Snow Shut-ins: No power but plenty o’ booze

Post by scream ale »

10 straight days?!? I would have lost my shit after day 3 of no heat and no stereo.
Cheers and good luck to you sir.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

10 days is a long ass time! Back in the early 2000's, there was an ice storm where branches were breaking off the trees and falling on the power lines and I was out of power for about a week. I don't remember being so reliant on the internet back then so it didn't seem like a huge deal missing out on that. I'm sure I missed TV more. My boyfriend and I at the time dragged a mattress down in front of the fireplace and slept there with our dog and 4 cats because luckily I had a huge stash of wood. Can't imagine what people do without a fireplace but it was a significant moment to realize they are important not just for ambiance, but usefulness.
I was of course stocked up on booze and some weed; and at least my perishables were okay sitting outside. Can't remember how I cooked though as most of my foods were probably frozen foods like pizza rolls and shit like that. I didn't use the fireplace for roasting weenies or anything but I know despite the cold, we still used the BBQ grill. But at least if you have booze, you can make the best of it... and at least your insides are warm!

Then several years later I lived in a tropical climate where the power went off all the time due to wind and it was always at night of course. Although no doubt a much preferable experience, your perishables don't last. People in the tropics always seem to have generators too in case of hurricanes which helps keeps the fridge alive etc. But you can also go fill your coolers with store bought ice. I brought in all my solar lamps from outside in so I had lighting in the house. I had a Dewalt construction radio that I used for camping with batteries that were pre-charged and that thing played on forever. It even had a port for an Ipod etc. Always kept a phone charger in the car so there was that. And of course you can always BBQ or camp in the tropics so no problem there if the weather was good. I think what I hated the most was not having power for my fan when I slept. Well that, and being bored since I was usually alone. But booze was still there by my side, keeping great company as always. It is the savior of any situation and will always get us through. Cheers to that!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Stiggs wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:45 am
We’re nearing 10 days straight sub-zero temps. Snowed again last night another 3-4”. Not in Texas but next door, we’ve had rolling brown/blackouts. Speaking of blackouts, in this type weather I prefer to start the day with irish coffee, strong black brew with Seagram’s VO and Bailey’s. Lunchtime is beer, afternoons are Bloodies, and evenings whisky or brandy. A handful of crystalline snow in a tall glass of 100* voddie is nice. Enjoy the snow ye Drunkards
You definitely got the drink schedule down mate. Plenty o' booze is key! Just curious of how you are preparing food? I assume if it's rolling black-outs everywhere, you can't even get take-out since noplace has power.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your local weather reports

Post by Patchez »

Made it home alive. Now I get to do it again in the snow.

Bright side is no one will show so it will be a really easy night.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Spring weather starting early tomorrow
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

So, I'm here is sunny SoCal tho a bit on the cold side. I decided to find out about Texas and found this report. At least you don't have to worry about making ice for your drink!
https://strangesounds.org/2021/02/insan ... reeze.html
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Again with the fuckin wind. I seriously have no recollection of wind like this until maybe 10 years ago.
We're at that time of year here where it'll be gorgeous one day then back to winter for a day or two. Then a heatwave in the 60's followed frigid temps. I still think we have one more blizzard before summer.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Summer/ winds / winter
same here
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Your climate is manipulated. They want to kill us. Time to stock up on booze, if you haven't already.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

It rained, snowed, snained (both at the same time), and thunderstormed on the same day. Actually it was highly enjoyable.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:05 am
It rained, snowed, snained (both at the same time), and thunderstormed on the same day. Actually it was highly enjoyable.
Yes, nice and warm and cozy while the weather passes with some good food on the menu.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Damn fine day today. Pissed it away at work but it was gorgeous outside. Tomorrow: high winds, up to 60mph gusts, rapidly falling temps. This should be followed by warmer and calmer weather the next day. I'm stocked on beer and whiskey so let the good times roll. Eventually.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 pm
Damn fine day today. Pissed it away at work but it was gorgeous outside. Tomorrow: high winds, up to 60mph gusts, rapidly falling temps. This should be followed by warmer and calmer weather the next day. I'm stocked on beer and whiskey so let the good times roll. Eventually.
Intersesting you`re one day ahead of us weather wise
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^^ Once again western New York is Europe's future.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Great, that means wupperdorf is the bronx
Drink!