Happy St Patrick's Day!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Malkor
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day!

Post by Malkor »

my question to mr viking is......did the remainder in the base of your yard smash you in the face? or did one of the bystanders turn the bowl for you?

Also yeah, I worked St pat's day, not a massive big deal here in UK although like black friday they are trying to make it one

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day!

Post by Mr. Viking »

Malkor wrote:my question to mr viking is......did the remainder in the base of your yard smash you in the face? or did one of the bystanders turn the bowl for you?
I drank it slowly enough that there was no bubble. There's a video of it somewhere. 10 minutes of shame
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

St. Paddy's Day

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Today I was reminded, as I bumped into a Muslim acquaintance of mine in the Library, "Today is your peoples day!" she said.

I replied "excuse me?"

"Your people! The alcoholics!"

Someone had obviously told her that my self-proclaimed title is "Bibitor Defensor" the English translation would be "Defender of the Alcoholics". I was humbled to know that I've finally achieved the alcoholic equivalent of Community Imam. I plan to host meetings where members of my congregation talk about the beauties of liquor. et cetera

Anyway I digress - Today is St Patrick's Day. A day for us all. Though I think it is noteworthy to mention that St. Patrick firstly wasn't Irish. He was from Cornwall, South West England and was captured by Irish Slavers. Secondly his name wasn't Patrick, it was Maewyn. Thirdly St. Patrick's Day was originally a day where the poor people of Ireland was forced to remain undrunk. I had read that St. Patrick was against alcohol consumption but I'm unsure if this can be properly verified.

Regardless now, my Comrades we have taken this holiday from the grips of teetotalers and made it for our own.

Now let us join together with our beverages and Drink. To Maewyn! You silly Cornish Bastard!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: St. Paddy's Day

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I was taught he was welsh. Anyway, cheers, this is my 24th St. Patricks day and I've still never gone out on it, apart from once going for a swift half with shaneomatic.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Where the hell is Shane anyway?

shlaunstcha you young mofos, but I never need a reason to drink till i'm green.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I went to an English-themed bar, drank two Lion stouts with the bro and left.

The Irish local packed 'em in charging a $10 cover, serving 10 oz Guinness for $5, and having some country-rock band instead of the authentic fiddle and lute; fuck their greedy mick bog-hopping holiday.

I did wear green, though.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

St. Patty's Day weekend.

Post by Patchez »

I will be without adult supervision. The wife will be out of town from today till Sunday.

My plans are to be legless most of the weekend.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: St. Patty's Day weekend.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am
I will be without adult supervision. The wife will be out of town from today till Sunday.

My plans are to be legless most of the weekend.
Maybe keep the Skype cam on the floor so folks can watch you guzzle Hasslehoff-style.

I'll be on after work

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Started today at Mack's Tavernn, scotch eggs and Guinness, shots of Tullamore D.E.W., a few pints of Mad Tree local beer.
Now i'm back home with Pabst until i pass out and sleep it off for the evening rounds.
Tomorrow Flanagans for breakfast, i got green spray paint for StumblinDoug's big bald head, on to the downtown brewpubs until lunch at Falb's deli the best cabbage rolls in the area, come home, drink, and pass out until the evening where i have a handle of Jameson to share in the drunk chat and keep an ear on the police scanner to see if i have to bail anyone out in the morning.
This is the plan, get the party on early and get home before the checkpoints start.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Giving up the Quinn & Tooties 'cause the band ain't irish, they charge cover, serve 7 oz Guinuess for $7 and they don't have the hot young missies working there anymore.

I always ran into somebody I know, that;s a downside.

Will go to Graydon's and sip Lionhead and curse the boghoppers and hell yes I'm bringing a flask so get your hate on now, but God Save the Queen

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

I am planning to head outta town for a drunk golf trip to Pismo Beach. It's a birthday trip for my buddy Ryan and there will be no wives involved. The plan is to leave work at noon, leave town by 2, and be at the coast by 5. God bless daylight savings time. Still plenty of time to inflict some damage on Mr. Liver and still make a noon tee time on Saturday, then more drinking.
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Women go crazy 'bout dressed leprechaun

Post by Badfellow »

Nothing says St. Fizzlelick's day like (6) Long Island Izzle Tizzles while lizzenen to ZZ O' Top!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Well dressed leprechaun

Post by mistah willies »

Where is Mr. Viking anyway?

Off to Paddy Murphy's to drive by it, and then head to my sister's farm. She grows certain plants, if you know what I mean. Wearing green because I don't want to get pinched

by the cops.

Then time to do what I do all the day, everyday. Probably end up at the Boomhouse over across the bridge. Dark fluids await.

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

I convinced my wife to be my designated driver tonight - she's a keeper! Off to a couple taverns to meet some friends - she wants corned beef and I'm staying with the liquid diet. I've planned for the headache in the morning. Film at 11. It's going to be a good day.