Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Bird's stuffed, bbq is lit.....soon enough so will I be

Post by Savage »

I know all the cool kids fry or bbq the bird, but I do the oldschool way. Stuff the old fellow with cornbread, apple, onion and celery and of course sage and thyme and parsley and salt and pepper and butter and giblet broth (oh hell, am I forgetting anything?)
Throw it in the oven with slabs of melting butter over it. Baste every once and a bit. Low and slow. When it smells so good you start to drool, it's done. Then you let it rest and make the biscuits or rolls. And that's when you make the gravy from all the drippings. Yum.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Surreal on how to survive Thanksgiving

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Surreal wrote: As plans came together for the gathering of the extended clan, I offered to do a deep fry turkey as one of the 2 birds for the T-giving feast. It was surprising to my brother and brother-in-law that I volunteered for anything as I typically avoid volunteering for anything at family get-to-gethers because it takes two-hands to drink and I'm not going to loan them this pair of hands to dry dishes or some other nonsense.

What the boys didn't understand was that my offering to cook effectively removed me from the chaos inside and airing of grievances that usually occurred within the house and effectively gave me a hall pass to stand outside and drink beer under the pretext of contributing to the preparation of the meal. As I readied to leave my house to head to the gathering, I looked through the back of the pickup.

LP gas tank - check
Deep Fry Turkey pot - check
LP Burner - check
10 gallons of peanut oil - check
Carhart Bibs - check
Barn coat - check
Fur lined Mad Bomber hat - check
Ice fishing fingerless gloves - check
Butter Creole Marinade - check
injector - check
Creale seasoning/rub - check
thermometer - check
6 pack of Bell's Seasonal Ales
3 bottles of Chimay Blue - check
6 pack of Great Lakes Brewery Christmas Ale - check
Pocket flask filled w/ Jamesons - check

Yeah.... I was ready. Loaded for fucking bear I tell yeah. I cracked a Bell's Ale for the ride down the road to the gathering and slow-rolled it north. I was confident my plan would be executed to perfection - steamroll into the house with one ale under my belt with hugs, kisses and salutations to all before beginning the injection and dry rub process. Graciously accept multiple compliments as to the size of my bird, the offer to deep fry and my naturally sunny disposition as I cracked open another ale and injected the bird. At this point, none of the attendees would be gassed up enough to begin firing any shots across anyones bow. Curtesy and decorum would reign as BACs were nowhere near high enough for either Feats of Strength or the Airing of Grievances. If I timed it right, I'd be out the door to light the burner and begin slowly raising the peanut oil to a proper 350 degrees before the first volley was fired.

To stick the landing, the bird had to be done about the time my BAC hit a cozy .20 so that upon re-entry into the house I would be in the proper frame of mind for the chaos that always ensues during a family gathering. Sprinkle a few glasses of Cabernet across the top of my plan during dinner so that I'd be comfortably numb as the accusations and infighting began... well gosh, you could just hand me my admission to the MDM Hall of Fame if I pulled it off.

It could not have gone better. Standing outside in my insulated gear, sipping one fine ale after another. Tipping my hat to whatever relative poked their head out the door to ask if I need anything or to thank me again for braving the 28 degree weather to cook a bird. "No, really Aunt June I'm fine. It's the least I can do to help bring this dinner together". As bundled up as I was, it was hard to reach around my back to pat myself on such a perfectly developed and executed plan.

Sip, sip, sip.

By the time the pumpkin pie hit the table, I was perma-grin and pie-eyed. This may become an annual tradition for me......
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Post by Smatter Noguts »

A lot to be thankful for this year, in spite of the shit.

Turkey's done, bar stocked, homebrews to sample, a wall of football between me and the little preachers.

Thinking of you all and our friend across the sea, may your day be wonderful, and you all as happy as me.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Post by peetie44 »

Doing a small gathering (4)...large turkey breast, green beans, mashed potatoes, yams, rolls, cranberry sauce, pie...and (American) football!

Assorted beers, wine, craft gin, brandy and liqueurs, Evan Williams...plus a bottle of Highland Park 18yo.

CHEERS to all!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

24 lb Turkey. Damn. 13 for supper. Hope that's good luck

Red wines, black rum, American brewskies, gravy shooters. Cheers!

Might make an interesting Bullshot, again...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

turkey makes the best curry
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Done for the day, the dust has settled one last game to watch and a few brews to drink. Cheers and thanks for you all.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I digested much of a turkey
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Bless us Bacchus and thank you for turning a particular tiny dinosaur into a ball of meat with a tiny head.

Let us drink.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

As Thanksgiving day 2017 approaches, I am reminded of Wiiliam S Burroughs.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/sLSveRGmpIE
DRINK!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Have a wet T-Day, you drunks! 🦃🍺🥂🍷🥃🍾🍹
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The next four days of unencumbered, holiday drinking should be most fascinating. Hope you all have a good meal tomorrow with good company, and may you have plenty with which to wash it down.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

This is the 4 day kickoff to survivng th holday season. were it not for booze i could see why this is the most popular suicide time.
cheers
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm
This is the 4 day kickoff to survivng th holday season. were it not for booze i could see why this is the most popular suicide time.
cheers
Absolutefuckingtively!

calx

Post by calx »

Take care of yourselves, your friends, and your family. The older you get the more they tend to die off or disappear. :|
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!