Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by benitobeast69 »

it's sweltering here and i'm working by a big set of windows with the sun beaming through...Cracked my customary '2 hours before the shift ends' beer but then got stuck dealing with some shit.... It was warm as piss in this heat by the time i got to it. Being a thinking man i swapped a few beers to the freezer to get them extra cold.

just finished work now 5 beers and a rum and coke deep.

working from home is the best...can't believe this is gonna finish soon.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:43 am
it's sweltering here and i'm working by a big set of windows with the sun beaming through...Cracked my customary '2 hours before the shift ends' beer but then got stuck dealing with some shit.... It was warm as piss in this heat by the time i got to it. Being a thinking man i swapped a few beers to the freezer to get them extra cold.

just finished work now 5 beers and a rum and coke deep.

working from home is the best...can't believe this is gonna finish soon.
So you didn't get any of that rain that hit Belgium/Germany?

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

nope...not a drop.

crazy right, you'd think Manchester would get the dog end of it. hah

totally different climate though out here than on the continent I guess.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

You british weather nazi
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

It's Gay Pride weekend here in the gayborhood. I'm blasted with music from the club at the end of the block, blasted with music from the house across the street. A while ago there was a live band playing music. Thank dog they were so bad nobody cheered for them when they finished their terrible songs. In my younger days I so looked forward to this weekend. It was such fun. Now I just want it over and everyone to shut the fuck up.

Party buses have been going up and down the street all day.

80's music is playing at the club down the street. Why? What is their attraction to that old music? Maybe it really was that good.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Blast Throbbing Gristle and Whitehouse. Your neighbors will love it.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Woke up early and made it to a flea market. Got a few chores out of the way and now it's miller time.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Fought the humidity and scalding sun with a couple of beers throughout the day, got a lot of chores in and out of the apartment done, sent quite a few job applications, and now - hopefully late enough that no potential employer calls and I sound like an inebriated imbecile (instead of just an imbecile) - I can bask in the glory of a productive day with twelve Newcastle Brown Ales and a bottle of Jim (probably on the rocks because the humidity is trying to murder me).
Cheers (or "geia mas" as we say down here in the city of Socrates) and happy Monday, drunks!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Nobody's working, they're all sitting in the bars. I tried to hit up a bar at 3 in the afternoon, but it was full so I went back home. Now I'm gulping down Rolling Rocks. I'll try to hit up a couple of bars later tonight.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bah. The bartender I was looking for wasn't there. There were three young bartenders and a waiter in the bar. I knew the waiter from pre-pandemic days, I had never seen the youngsters before. So far, trying to get back into the bars is a bust. I'll try day drinking at the only bar that is open in the mornings around here later this week. Maybe I'm done with bars forever. I hope not. I hope so.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:06 pm
Bah. The bartender I was looking for wasn't there. There were three young bartenders and a waiter in the bar. I knew the waiter from pre-pandemic days, I had never seen the youngsters before. So far, trying to get back into the bars is a bust. I'll try day drinking at the only bar that is open in the mornings around here later this week. Maybe I'm done with bars forever. I hope not. I hope so.
"There is no such joy in the tavern as upon the road thereto." - Cormac McCarthy
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

"Get drunk on whiskey; it is one of the finer things thereunto one's life." -- Cormac McCarthy
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Woke up early, had a D'Mosa*, drank some Whiskey, then had a video call with The World Famous Cosmic Possum, who happens to live in Ireland, while we talked he drank beer and I killed a bottle of Tullamore Dew, once our call was completed I showered and took a nap, woke up about 1500ish, had a couple more D'Mosa's* then a Whiskey, showered again, took a couple of highlifes into the shower with me, then I got dressed, and ate some Chicken and Mac'nCheese from Bok-A-Bok** . Then wandered over to Witness Bar*** for a few manhattans, then over to Corvus and Co.****, for Whiskey and eye candy, (goth girls can be hot)

Got back to my joint around 0200ish, poured a Whiskey from my decanter, listened to The Devil's Daughters, Dominique Priutt, The Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Iris DeMent, then Racked out.

*viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72623

**https://www.bokabokchicken.com/

***http://witnessbar.com/

****http://www.corvusandcompany.com/

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 pm
Woke up early, had a D'Mosa*, drank some Whiskey, then had a video call with The World Famous Cosmic Possum, who happens to live in Ireland, while we talked he drank beer and I killed a bottle of Tullamore Dew, once our call was completed I showered and took a nap, woke up about 1500ish, had a couple more D'Mosa's* then a Whiskey, showered again, took a couple of highlifes into the shower with me, then I got dressed, and ate some Chicken and Mac'nCheese from Bok-A-Bok** . Then wandered over to Witness Bar*** for a few manhattans, then over to Corvus and Co.****, for Whiskey and eye candy, (goth girls can be hot)

Got back to my joint around 0200ish, poured a Whiskey from my decanter, listened to The Devil's Daughters, Dominique Priutt, The Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Iris DeMent, then Racked out.
Wow what a magnificent day! And lots of showering so you must be feeling quite refreshed and zestfully clean! I studied the Bok-A-Bok menu and it would be quite difficult for me to decide what to order as I am a fried chicken whore. So many wonderful options and sauces! I won't even get into the Witness menu because I basically died and went to heaven reading all the Southern fare they offer.

Corvus and Co. also looks like a mighty fine establishment. And who wouldn't appreciate "a dark, sexy and mysterious den that beckons and bewitches"? Count me in! Nice ambiance and love the artisan drink menu. I would have started with a "Wedding for the Weekend" and after a few drinks, probably some artichoke fritters too 'cause why not?
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Weekend in a nutshell. Celebrated my birthday. Celebrated mistah willies life with laughter and tears. Had awesome Schezwan food. Drank a bunch of pitchers of pineapple daiquiris in addition to the usual lineup. Had some nice naps. Kicked some ass in darts. BBQ'd in the rainstorms. Spent quality time with the critters in the garden.

Also saw many of you drunkards on Skype do some damage on the Kraken in willie's honor. There may have been a national shortage of it this week. It was quite impressive too, because in the Skype screenshots of everyone holding up their Kraken, most of the bottles were empty. It was awesome seeing so many drunkards paying their respects to our beloved willies such as Patchez, Hugh, Rye & Coke, Dear Booze, Shane-o-matic, benitobeast69, TheDrunkardAnglo, Lush City, Nausea, Badfellow, oldsmartskunk, Ch4rl1e (who never posts), and oettinger of course. Was quite lovely and heartfelt. mistah willies would have been flattered. Especially for those of you who gargled the Kraken as he always did.

Okole maluna!