Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Sending Tom Brady to retirement! #runitback

Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Went skiing for a few hours today — I’m way out of shape.

Picked up a take and bake pizza from Papa Murphys. Just put it in the oven.

Ready to watch the football game: I’m loaded up on brews and whiskey.

A solid Sunday.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm
Went skiing for a few hours today — I’m way out of shape.

Picked up a take and bake pizza from Papa Murphys. Just put it in the oven.

Ready to watch the football game: I’m loaded up on brews and whiskey.

A solid Sunday.
If you "went skiing for a few hours", you ain't outta shape.

Sounds solid. Rock on to not livin' up to your handle.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Y'all know how life gets in the way and we fall out of touch with our friends whether it be periodically or for good- and for miscellaneous reasons -whatever who cares. Everybody is fking "busy", I get it! ***IF YOU HAVE SHORT ATTENTION SPAN OR DON'T LIKE TO READ LONG ASS RAMBLINGS, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM!

But today I finally realized something kind of annoying. And this isn't about how our drunkard friends undrunk significant others hates us because we are drunkards and apparently are "bad influences" . You know, the types that have to ask their wives for permission to go out for a few beers with a mate like once a year. Yeah yeah, that is lame but we are used to this exile and tolerate it out of respect for our friends. And we carry on anyway and call those drunkards ball-less pussies behind their backs. But we still love 'em and will still share drinks with them when the time comes - hopefully without the ball n' chain hovering around.

I'm talkin' about a whole new snubbery. I try to keep it real by staying in touch with all close friends in any way that is appropriate to our relationship- whether it be a text, social media message, phone call, FB post, Skype call, even an actual old skool effing greeting card that I slapped a stamp on and mailed. And I'm talking about maybe once a month or two- if that! It's not like I'm texting them every day like a lunatic or something. And most of the time, people are unresponsive.

Clearly we have more ways than fking ever these days technologically speaking to keep in touch and yet, I have noticed that people are even MORE fcking lazy or uncaring to bother to try or even respond when I do make an attempt. It's not as if I'm asking them to give up a weekend from their spouse and kids to go have a debauchery filled drunkfest at a remote lake cabin. I get that. I don't have many obligations (other than getting drunk) unlike most people so my calendar is wide open and I understand that most people have shit to do and my friendship isn't on the front burner.

But the irritation lies in the fact that they do have enough g.d. time to post on Twitter and FB their new running shoes, new car, views on politics, random stupid memes, photos of WTF they had for dinner- pretty much everything lame and insignificant when you consider the importance of interpersonal relationships. Well, at least in the grand scheme of things. And last I checked it's a fcking pandemic and most people have a lot of extra time on their hands because there ain't shit to do and no place to go. I have reached the point where I won't even try anymore. Not to be an asshole or anything, but really...it isn't even worth the energy if no one cares.

Anyway the point is...what I did observe (bein' a drunktective and all) is that us MDM drunkards DO make time for one another. ALWAYS. And regularly! Kids, spouses, stress, jobs, obligations in general- no matter what we have going on, we ALWAYS make the time. For most of us- once a week at least! Whether it's drunk chat, Skype, or the forum - we regularly interact. I had the realization that the MDM drunkards are the real deal. The MDMers keep in touch more than the people I considered "besties" my entire life. The MDMers are not fair-weather friends.

***Moral of the story...MDM DRUNKARDS MAKE THE BEST FRIENDS, KEEPING IT REAL! AND THANK YOU FOR THAT! CHEERS!
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

So I went and checked Skype, it looks like I didn't respond to the message you sent a month ago. So I tacked a smiley on it just now...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drunkards are family, cheers prosit chinchin and down it
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

you usta call meh
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

first 11 hours and 55 minutes went fine, then hickup. Hate it, slice my throat, make it stop!
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:36 pm
you usta call meh
... on my cell phone

late night when you need my love....
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I wrote this little piece of music while I was bored and thought about you folks
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I woke up today genuinely thinking it was Thursday.
I'm sure you can imagine my horror when the awful truth set in.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Took the little shitbag cat to the vet for the 3rd time within a week for his catarhea treatment.
Then build a new fence on a house that included cutting a lot of trees and bushes. Now I feel like a tank ran over me but am enyoing getting drunk and relax
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Vet bills are a pain in the balls. The joys of having very old pets.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Our pets don`t even have names. Too expensive
And too hard to remember... Alf #1 Alf # 2 Alf # 73
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

So I made an "Awesome Blossom" (or Bloomin' Onion for you Outbacker's). Y'all know...that big fcking fried onion appetizer that you pull the petals off of and dip in a sauce. The blossom itself came out okay but some miscalculations on my behalf led to catastrophe.

I had previously breaded and fried up some raviolis in a pot. (Yes fried raviolis are a thing and they are one of the best things in life. I hear Olive Garden's are pretty legit). So anyway I was going to reuse the oil for this massive onion that I had purchased for the very reason of making an AB.

I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to properly cut it, bread it, and fry it. oett also saw it and said "We definitely shouldn't do this when we're drunk" and he was freaking right! It was about 83% successful. Due to my lack of cutting skills, some outer petals were hanging on by a thread but it was still doable. Flouring it was a major pain in the ass too, trying to get it down in between the petals.
So when the oil was bubbling I lowered that monstrosity in there not realizing that the size of the onion and the volume of oil was not the proper ratio for the size of pot. Needless to say it was over capacity and there was a massive overflow and eruption of lava hot oil all over the stove, counter, cabinets, floor, you name it. Thank Bacchus we have a black smooth top range so there was no grease fire or anything because that could have been majorly catastrophic. It was a fking nightmare of a mess. The worst part was, I couldn't even blame this on a drunkard mistake because I was undrunk, it was just sheer stupidity. Clearly I was absent that day in school the teacher went over the measurement of liquid volume.

But at the end of the day, lessons were learned. I know now to use a huge fking cauldron next time 'cause there will be a next time. It came out delicious. I even had pre-made that Cajun remoulade sauce or whatever it is that always comes with it at the restaurants. Maybe next time I should do my own tutorial. Fcking Awesome Blossom!
Okole maluna!