Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:37 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 pm
And late afternoon on the 4th (I'm still east of the 180th) whale strike, it was dead when we hit it, but it of course wrapped around the bow and took us an hour to get it off.
I hate when that happens.
yup, luckily it's pretty rare, but yeah, it's a bitch to get a dead whale off your bow

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Today was calm and enoyable. Tommorrow I return to shit suck job after a wonderful three day weekend. Without beer I'd never make it. Let's all raise a glass to beer.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Finally west of the 180th, steering 099, so Long Beach bound, should have a enough Whiskey and beer to make it, today is meridian day, as yesterday was Tuesday and tomorrow is Wednesday.
The Steward's dept served hot dogs for breakfast.
Onward!!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Just starting my day, 3 hour time change today

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:25 am
That has to be a bit disorienting, the whole moving often between time zones thing. Not quite jet lag. Ship lag?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:31 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:25 am
That has to be a bit disorienting, the whole moving often between time zones thing. Not quite jet lag. Ship lag?
It can be, but you get used to it, and it just is part of the flow

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Not a very exciting day. Drove 200 miles to pick up a boat, just a little 18 ft. Lund runabout. Hitched up, turned around and drove 200 miles back. But I did stop at this groovy, little wood fire pizza place for lunch and had a few beers with a pepperoni and spicy sausage. Dropped off said boat. Now I am back home, sitting at the bar and looking at the drink menu wondering what I should order next, not fucking driving anywhere else today.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:03 pm
Not a very exciting day. Drove 200 miles to pick up a boat, just a little 18 ft. Lund runabout. Hitched up, turned around and drove 200 miles back. But I did stop at this groovy, little wood fire pizza place for lunch and had a few beers with a pepperoni and spicy sausage. Dropped off said boat. Now I am back home, sitting at the bar and looking at the drink menu wondering what I should order next, not fucking driving anywhere else today.
You bought 18 ft Lund? That's the ideal fishing boat and premier Canadian camp boat. Built with heavy grade aluminum, these Lund boats provide a safe and stable ride. There’s even a side console option or a drop-in floor to enhance your fishing boat experience. Great for walleye fishing or running to and from the camp, these large boats provide the ultimate experience.
DRINK!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

^ From the attention to detail of Lund's fit and finish to the precise performance of the IPS Hull, to optimized storage for tackle and gear and maximized high resale value, every Lund packs in the features that have kept anglers and families coming back for more than seven decades.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Lund is also highly more considered over Alumacraft boats. One prime example of it's advantage is it's patented IPS technology and the center keel. The center keels on Lund models are known to protrude into the water a bit more than those on other models. This allows for better handling of the steering wheel, no matter how fast your boat is going. That means greater control for you.

Another superior feature of the Lund is the gunnel. The Sportrack and Protrack gunnel system are designed to make your life on the water easier overall. Their smooth edges are also designed to not get caught. They’re easy to get around, too, which means you can get in and out of the boat faster. That’s only if you end up going overboard, of course–that’s unlikely, but possible if inebriated. Lund gunnels come with a system of snaps that is also essential for any boat owner. These snaps, which look like something you might find on a jacket, are meant to be used with the boat cover.

Sounds like you made a great purchase BF! A great purchase, indeed!
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Who said I bought a boat? It could already be owned. Or it could be borrowed or possibly even stolen. The point is, when Dear Booze assumes, he makes an ass out of him and himself. He probably doesn’t even know what a boat looks like. The guy is worse than Gilligan high on model airplane glue.

As for you other two hosers, you really don’t know the full glory, stability and simplicity of an 18 ft. Lund © aluminum V-hull fishing boat with an upgraded Mercury ® 40 h.p. Jet Outboard Motor, allowing for plenty of power as well as ease of operations in shallow waters. The electric start and fully sealed electronics mean reliability even under the most demanding conditions, while the Humminbird ® Helix 9 provides instant GPS in addition to advanced side-scan sonar capabilities for effortless navigation. A West Marine ® 120 qt. insulated cooler (sold separately) will keep you drunk on the water all day long.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:19 am
Who said I bought a boat? It could already be owned. Or it could be borrowed or possibly even stolen. The point is, when Dear Booze assumes, he makes an ass out of him and himself. He probably doesn’t even know what a boat looks like. The guy is worse than Gilligan high on model airplane glue.

As for you other two hosers, you really don’t know the full glory, stability and simplicity of an 18 ft. Lund © aluminum V-hull fishing boat with an upgraded Mercury ® 40 h.p. Jet Outboard Motor, allowing for plenty of power as well as ease of operations in shallow waters. The electric start and fully sealed electronics mean reliability even under the most demanding conditions, while the Humminbird ® Helix 9 provides instant GPS in addition to advanced side-scan sonar capabilities for effortless navigation. A West Marine ® 120 qt. insulated cooler (sold separately) will keep you drunk on the water all day long.
It's also great for bass fishing if yer in the Midwest, which you most certainly are. You can make it a goal to get another bass mounted on a plaque to join your other one, eh.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:30 am
It's also great for bass fishing if yer in the Midwest, which you most certainly are. You can make it a goal to get another bass mounted on a plaque to join your other one, eh.
Take off, eh. Bass is a redneck fish. The monster I got mounted on da lodge wall is a walleye. Or are you’s such a doughhead ya don’t know the difference, eh?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Are you assholes just copying and pasting from Lund's website?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:54 pm
Are you assholes just copying and pasting from Lund's website?
Nope. That's just stupid. Being a fisherman yourself, you must know that a Lund provides the ultimate fishing experience. Hell, built on a tradition of excellence, Lund Boats prides itself on providing the best quality and most durable boat on the market. Built with the angler in mind, Lund Boats have the most innovative fishing features in the industry. They're guide tested and wilderness proven, and demanded by more camps, resorts, fishing guides and professionals throughout North America. Lund Boats - Built by Fishermen for Fishermen.
DRINK!