Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Monopoly?
Trivial pursuit?
Simon says?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 pm
Monopoly?
Trivial pursuit?
Simon says?
I despise Monopoly
We actually looked for an online TP (and Jeopardy)
Oettinger says is my favorite of course
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I honestly think the only reason I enjoy Monopoly is because the rest of the world hates it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm
I honestly think the only reason I enjoy Monopoly is because the rest of the world hates it.
And buy bourbon street
or build a whore-house on hoodrat alley
or sell crack from the train station

wait, we are talking the boardgame not real life, do we?
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:47 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm
And buy bourbon street
or build a whore-house on hoodrat alley
or sell crack from the train station

wait, we are talking the boardgame not real life, do we?
I've been building whorehouses and selling crack from train stations for years.
This street made of bourbon is new to me though. I think I'm moving.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

It's Monday, Sunday for moat, if not everyone reading this, but Monday for me, tomorrow is Meridian Day, the day after that is Tuesday, today will be 22 hours instead of 24.

As of about an hour ago I was 48 degrees north and 168 degrees east, on heading 079 at 22 knots, the sea temp is 36 degrees.

In the last 24 hours we've burned 113 tons, yes tons, of heavy fuel oil (AKA bunker oil)

so pretty typical

I have three cans of Tsingtao, two bottles of Lagunitas IPA and about two thirds of a liter of Jamison's

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:26 pm
It's Monday, Sunday for moat, if not everyone reading this, but Monday for me, tomorrow is Meridian Day, the day after that is Tuesday, today will be 22 hours instead of 24.

As of about an hour ago I was 48 degrees north and 168 degrees east, on heading 079 at 22 knots, the sea temp is 36 degrees.

In the last 24 hours we've burned 113 tons, yes tons, of heavy fuel oil (AKA bunker oil)

so pretty typical

I have three cans of Tsingtao, two bottles of Lagunitas IPA and about two thirds of a liter of Jamison's
Did you hear about that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal? What do you think happened?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:

Between Japan and Russia?

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:

so pretty typical

Did you hear about that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal? What do you think happened?
Yes, not enough cartons of Marlboro Reds, bottles of Jack and copies of the U.S. Penthouse were given to the pilot

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:13 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:

Between Japan and Russia?
North of Japan sort of between Kamchatka and the Aleutian Islands, we'll reach the top of our circle north of the Aleutians, for an hour or so we'll be on heading 090, then gradually arc south

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:05 pm
Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:

so pretty typical

Yes, not enough cartons of Marlboro Reds, bottles of Jack and copies of the U.S. Penthouse were given to the pilot
HAHAHAHA! Damb, I read so many stories about how the ship would have to throw the "gifts" over to the people in the Suez to let their ship pass through.

I wish I could be there with you in the merchant marine. But I aint' paying that money to get in. I don't have any money. I bet we could be the best of friends sailing around the world

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

when is your ship coming to San Diego? I will meet you there. Don't give me any shit about how your ship only goes to Oakland. I'n waiting for you here in San Diego. I'm your Brandy. I'm a fine girl

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Hugh wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 pm
when is your ship coming to San Diego? I will meet you there. Don't give me any shit about how your ship only goes to Oakland. I'n waiting for you here in San Diego. I'm your Brandy. I'm a fine girl
This one never goes to San Diego, it will be in Long Beach Sunday morning, and will leave Wednesday at 0300, then on to Honolulu, Guam, Naha, Ningbo, and Shanghai. first week of July I'll pay off, take a month or two then find a ship, maybe this one, maybe another.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 am
Hugh wrote:
This one never goes to San Diego, it will be in Long Beach Sunday morning, and will leave Wednesday at 0300, then on to Honolulu, Guam, Naha, Ningbo, and Shanghai. first week of July I'll pay off, take a month or two then find a ship, maybe this one, maybe another.
I think he was almost threatining you. Don`t land in Diego!!!1 Don`t. And if you see a rubberboat following, shoot it

That`s my recommendation. Sail safe
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

oettinger wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:54 pm
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 am
Hugh wrote:
I think he was almost threatining you. Don`t land in Diego!!!1 Don`t. And if you see a rubberboat following, shoot it

That`s my recommendation. Sail safe
I'm sure he's fine and not threatening at all, and if there's a firearm at all it would just be a pistol locked in the Oldman's safe