Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by oettinger »

What else to do on a saturday morning anyway.

I skyped with Hugh, didn`t get shit done but I`m wasted
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

With enough beer I can put up with almost anything. Of course there are exceptions. This is proof a blackout is a beautiful thing.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I fucked around and drank beer all day. A little rye here and there. This is what holidays are all about. Happy Labor Day!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Holy fuck - my word processor, LibreOffice, gave me an error message when it came up just now. When I brough my novel up it was shorter by 2000 words. Since I'm not writing it sequentially, I have no idea what was lost. This is the second time something like this has happened. Guess I'll have to start backing up to a thumb drive every fucking day. Damb.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:58 pm
Holy fuck - my word processor, LibreOffice, gave me an error message when it came up just now. When I brough my novel up it was shorter by 2000 words. Since I'm not writing it sequentially, I have no idea what was lost. This is the second time something like this has happened. Guess I'll have to start backing up to a thumb drive every fucking day. Damb.
Been there before. Almost like your house burned down. My condolences. Always back up your work after every session no matter how drunk you are. In fact, every 20 pages is a good rule. Might seem a little uptight but it’s better to be safe than goddamb sorry.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:08 am
Hugh wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:58 pm
Been there before. Almost like your house burned down. My condolences. Always back up your work after every session no matter how drunk you are. In fact, every 20 pages is a good rule. Might seem a little uptight but it’s better to be safe than goddamb sorry.
Or get a typewriter.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The pen is mightier than the word processor.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Never bring a word processor to a pen fight.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

That was a hard day. I don’t mind working. But it was a hard day.

That’s where the hard drinking comes in to save grace and wash my face.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Day 2 of the Great Insignificant Bar Remodeling Project.

Well, the old bar came out intact and without too much trouble. It’s a cobbled together piece of shit, but the owner wants to put it in his man-cave/pole barn/ vintage car garage. So, fuck it. It’s in multiple pieces. It’s heavy as hell, and he can put it back together.

But the real work- and the real beauty- is the 17 foot bar we’re replacing it with. All vintage oak, it was constructed in 1917 for a local saloon just 2 years before Prohibition pissed on everyone’s parade. It sat in a barn for 40 years. Then in 1987 it was restored by some master woodworker named Jim Rylander of whom I have never heard. All pegs, not a single nail except for the trim along the baseboard, and 2 bolts holding the bottom halves together.

Another fine perks of the job is that while the bar may be temporarily closed, it is more or less still fully stocked. Cold beer in the coolers. You can pour yourself a half pint of Dewar’s if you don’t mind picking a few dead fruit flies out of the glass. Or don’t and get some extra protein. I cannot convey to you the feeling of driving home after an honest day’s work with a glass of blended Scotch sitting on the dash, the wind in your hair, the sun on your cheeks with a cigarette and the perfect buzz. The booze tastes better. The frozen pizza tastes like a king’s banquet.

Tomorrow I get to fuck with plumbing! I’m also resolved to finish that bottle of Dewar’s.

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Thompson »

Badfellow, that is a beautiful post. I can smell the oak wood. I can taste the Dewar’s. I can feel the wind in my hair. And I feel good.
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:53 pm
That was a hard day. I don’t mind working. But it was a hard day.

That’s where the hard drinking comes in to save grace and wash my face.
hits different after a ball ache work shift doesn't it....earned every sip of those fuckers.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I am happy and proud to know both of you gentlemen.

The bar was finished by deadline. In fact, a little before deadline. The door was unlocked at 3 o’ clock and you, fellow Drunkards, would not believe how thirsty and overjoyed the locals were to see their place back open. This is the sort of shit that almost makes me cry. You’ll also be pleased to know that I finished the Dewars and cracked the wax on a bottle of Makers. And I have a 4 digit cash paycheck headed my way. I’ll try not to spend it all on booze and frozen pizzas.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thumbs up! Thank you Badfellow for the work you do for your fellow drunkards. First, you build us a bar out of million year oak wood (oh yeah, are there coat hooks underneath the bar?) then you open the joint right on time, plumbing good to go, then you seat us all at the bar. Fuck man, I can’t think of a better way to start the weekend. Give me a Dewar’s with a fruit fly, neat, por favor. And give the rest of the boys whatever they’re having. Savage too.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Message to people who have dogs — they make these hemp gummies for dogs, I’ve seen them. My dog Chester got into the hemp gummies for humans. There weren’t many. Jesus fuck he got sick. Drool just running out his mouth , puking, etc. Don’t let your dog eat those!