Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:47 pm
I locked my keys in the trunk of my car, so I called the dealership. They said they wouldn't be able to help me for several weeks, as they were "fully booked." Heinous.
I love the people at the top. They're worth every penny.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Pulled 12 today and turn and burn for 12 tomorrow. At least I'll have a little extra spending cash for vacation.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:50 pm
Pulled 12 today and turn and burn for 12 tomorrow. At least I'll have a little extra spending cash for vacation.
I know the feeling man...I've got a wedding to pay for did 132 hours of overtime in the past 4 weeks. :(
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:38 pm
Took a home covid test, results negative. Then I realized it was a home pregnancy test.
So, was it positive?
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:12 am
Badfellow wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:38 pm
Took a home covid test, results negative. Then I realized it was a home pregnancy test.
So, was it positive?
Don`t be silly, he`s not texan, he aborted it right away
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

After today no more Fridays at work for the rest of the year. I'm cashing in my sick time. I'm going to spend more quality time with my cat and my liquor cabinet. And beer, lots of beer.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:10 pm
After today no more Fridays at work for the rest of the year. I'm cashing in my sick time. I'm going to spend more quality time with my cat and my liquor cabinet. And beer, lots of beer.
cashing in sick time?? So are you just gonna fake an illness every Friday in December? Wont that be a bit obvious??
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I was told sick/vacation time could be used the same. I also get a different story everytime I ask if unused sick/vacation time rolls over into the new year. I'm going with use it or lose it. So....long weekends for me cheers goddamnit

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 pm
^^^ I was told sick/vacation time could be used the same. I also get a different story everytime I ask if unused sick/vacation time rolls over into the new year. I'm going with use it or lose it. So....long weekends for me cheers goddamnit
Oh man. Those long weekends are indeed, a treat and 'tis the season. Savor them fellow drunkard. Cheers to some cozy drunken long weekends!
Okole maluna!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Just been informed my uncle died today following his battle with brain cancer. He was no brother of Bachus, but he was a truly decent man. Famous for his generousity and known for his quick wit.

I will be waiting for 16.59, and therefore the end of the workday, to commence the ritual of getting mind numbingly fucked.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Sorry for you loss, sir.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am
Just been informed my uncle died today following his battle with brain cancer. He was no brother of Bachus, but he was a truly decent man. Famous for his generousity and known for his quick wit.

I will be waiting for 16.59, and therefore the end of the workday, to commence the ritual of getting mind numbingly fucked.
That truly sucks. What was your uncle's name? We will all toss one back in his honor.
DRINK!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

OK, OK I know it has been a while, so let me get you all caught up.

First and foremost, huge shout out to Badfellow, who proved himself to be a great fellow when he sent me not only some homemade hot sauces, but a couple of spices, AND a bottle of trappist beer, most excellent!!

Now the birth of David Harlow Allann Thompson, my beautiful and wonderful wife went into labor, but the doctor said not to come in unless the contractions were 5 minutes apart, and regular, he had an appointment to go in on 4NOV in the evening, with a plan for induced labor early on the 5th anyway, our movers arrived the afternoon of the 5th, so I handled that with that, now the doctor had said to eat a meal before coming to the hospital, because after we checked in, they wouldn't allow food till after delivery, so my wife's childhood friend took us to the Whiskey Kitchen (yes they serve food) but they had an hour wait, so we went to a noodle house next door.

The food wasn't great, the squid sashimi was horrible, but we ate, and then the friend went to show us how to get to the maternity center, we got lost, entered the medical center through an exit I found our way out and circled the block, and found a way in, there was supposed to be parking for maternity but I couldn't find it, I parked, grabbed our bags and went in a door, by now the wife was in petty painful labor, she described it as "about three times as bad as her worst period cramps"

The guy said we had to go to the next building, so we walked over, the guy there said we had to go up the elevator two floors, and then down the hall to another elevator, then up to floor seven.

this was a pretty long walk, but we made it, then into our room.

A nice thing about Augusta U medical center is this room is also a delivery room, so the nurses came in, then a doctor, who took a look and said, wow, you're dilated a lot, you should have come in sooner, but we waited or rather David Harlow Alann waited till the morning, our doctor arrived and then Baby David arrived, mom did great, she only had to push for about twenty minutes, and David Harlow Alann is perfect tomorrow he'll be three weeks old, and dad that's I) could not be happier!!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

P.S. I keep trying to post a picture, but I keep getting "file to large"

Also next week I take it on the wing for the Bay and hopefully pull a berth on the M/V Mokihana

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am

sorry to hear that my mate. generous, witty and decent is about as good a combo as anyone can ask for. I raise my can of Stella in his honor.