Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:22 am
As an Inter-Faith Minister with the Universal Life Church, I would hitch y’all norts for free. Or maybe for a pint and a bag of crisps.

Question: is it still wedding tradition in Manchester to break a bottle of Vimto over the bride’s head?
vimto only comes in plastic bottles so it'd be more of a wet bludgeoning.

we don't have a minister or anything like that. most of the cost is just the party and all the fucking bullshit we have to pay for cause we are marrying abroad. i think we have to pay about £100 just to get our certificate translated from Greek....apparently they cant just use google translator.

it's relatively cheap as far as weddings go...probably around 10-12k all in...most people i know who got married in the UK paid 5 times that and some change....The main issue is that we booked the wedding before actually saving for it and only gave ourselves a year. lol.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:05 pm

it's relatively cheap as far as weddings go...probably around 10-12k all in...most people i know who got married in the UK paid 5 times that and some change....The main issue is that we booked the wedding before actually saving for it and only gave ourselves a year. lol.
There`s still a thing called "go fund us".
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:23 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:

There`s still a thing called "go fund us".
haha. we are ok. just another 6-8 weeks of overtime and i should be set lol
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:08 pm
haha. we are ok. just another 6-8 weeks of overtime and i should be set for 6-8 years of servitude…
I did not just fix that for you
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Tuesday evening at work I it was so quiet on the radio I was able to tie a bunch of Clouser minnows.

Last night at work I was called in early and was busier than a three peckered billy goat.

I guess that it is what it is sometimes.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nice hobby P.
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

woke up with a banging headache after not drinking at all yesterday....i assume it's cause I've worked over 400 hours in the past 5 weeks all staring at a computer screen.....anyway i decided to give myself a weekend off.

so far it's been fucking excellent..Kirsty is out all day/night working her second job behind a bar so i have the house to myself. lots of beer and bourbon has kicked the headache to fuck. feeling class now!!

I've done so little drinking recently I didn't even have any ice in!! thank fuck for ubereats groceries. Abaz got me 20 cold cans of beer, 2 bags of ice and a lime all delivered in 12 minutes flat through snow and ice. What a fucking hero!!! gave him a tip which is extravagant for an Englishman...probably first one he's ever had working that job in the UK.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:00 pm
Abaz got me 20 cold cans of beer, 2 bags of ice and a lime all delivered in 12 minutes flat through snow and ice. What a fucking hero!!!
That is a hero. And probably some kind of record.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Benito is the real hero, he passed out twice during the same skype call tonight
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:23 pm
Benito is the real hero, he passed out twice during the same skype call tonight
Yep. He's more hardcore than a rock star. If the beast is on a call, you can guarantee it will be a long effing night. Join us fellow drunkards, it's fun.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Visit from the visiting nurse. The undrunk member of the household fell on the shower tracks last month, had surgery, and is looking at skin grafts.
God watches over the drunkards I guess, as Grumpy just bleeds on the carpet when he falls down every night. I know a few ways to get out
blood stains.
like tears in rain

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

It's a national holiday here today, so it involved a lot of drinking and some good food. First, lunch with the family - sadly, accompanied by the omnipresent "what are you doing with your life?" question where "drinking" is not considered a viable answer - that included good seafood and white wine. Then, I met up with some friends at a seaside tavern for ouzo and some more seafood, because ouzo does go very well with things that used to swim in the sea before they were caught, killed, and deep-fried. Now, back home and having a few semi-civilized glasses of wine until I pass out.

benitobeast69 wrote:
i think we have to pay about £100 just to get our certificate translated from Greek....apparently they cant just use google translator.
Trust me, you do NOT want google to take care of the translation. Don't know how it works with other languages, with Greek it loves screwing things up. Instead of a wedding certificate, you could end up with a confession to mass murder or taking the full blame for the country's financial situation. Besides, most of the money will go to civil servants getting paid to put stamps on papers they don't even look at, you're doing a good deed by helping our laziest make a living!

OldDale
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by OldDale »

Okay. I woke up late. Had breakfast in a bakery. Went to a cafe outside nearby the waterside in my city. Had 2 tall Wheat Beers there and an Undercrown cigar. Now, I'm a dude who did drink a bottle of Booze many times. Two wheat Beers, one Cigar, standing up and I'm already stepping over my own feet. I get old...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

We succumbed and got our first vaccine today. Not drinking on it my ass, cheers
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

You Brits will really give me a ribbing for this.

I had some chicken I was going to use for some sort of a bacon and BBQ toasty sandwich. I grabbed my favorite HP spicy BBQ sauce from the fridge to slather on the bread before I grilled it. Then I squirted some on the plate on the side for dipping. For the life of me I thought the BBQ sauce went bad because it tasted completely off as if it was sour. It really was one of those "wth" moments.

It was then that I realized I had grabbed the HP brown sauce and not the BBQ. For you 'murricans, it's pretty much like pouring A1 steak sauce on your sandwich. However, in my defense, A. I'm 'murrican and unfamiliar with the product and B. the bottles are identical. I'm not entirely sure if I can blame it on drunkardism, stupidity, or what, but as I've previously mentioned, Badfellow witnessed me drunkenly do the same thing in a liquor store where I mistakenly bought New Amsterdam gin instead of vodka because the bottles also looked the exact same (different colored labels though). I guess the lesson here is, pay better attention to stuff, whether drunk or undrunk.

Okole maluna!