Random shit

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Random shit

Post by Hugh »

Any of you guys on Twitter tonight? Holy fuck, that shit is lit. On Elon's first day as new owner he fired four of their top execs.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

With a name like Elon Musk, you have to wonder what the guy smells like.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:25 am
With a name like Elon Musk, you have to wonder what the guy smells like.
Come on, it`s not Elon Ox atleast
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I'll bet he smells like burnt cabbage. I have nothing to back this up. Just a hunch.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

One of the guys from my teenage years had a dad named Shirley. I couldn't believe it at first - there was no formal introduction, I just noticed that people seemed to be calling him Shirley or Shirl. When I addressed him, I called him something like Shaerl, because I didn't want to seem to be insulting him by calling him Shirley or Shirl. The other guys made fun of me later, asking me why I was calling him Shaerl. WTF? I wasn't going to call a man Shirl!

Shirl's son's (my friend) name was James. James also had a older brother named JC (JC stood for nothing I was told, his name was JC, period). I hardly knew JC, but James was one of my best friends in those days, back in 1982. James was one of the people who convinced his parents to let me say overnight sometimes because I was homeless. He was a good friend. The last time I saw him was in 1983, almost 40 years ago.

Tonight, while googling James' sister name (her name sounded like "Lisa" but was spelled Leasea), I found out she died in 2020 at the age of 52. Of course her obituary listed her family members. It listed her father, Shirley. And it also listed her two brothers. My friend, who I'd always thought was named James, was actually named Judy. Her brother that I'd always known as JC was actually Sharon. Da fuq? I don't know, maybe it makes sense that a man named Shirley would name his first son Sharon and his second son Judy.

Appalachia is a strange place.

All right Back to my Hamm's and Ten High.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

JC temple would be a kick ass name for a drink
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:16 pm
One of the guys from my teenage years had a dad named Shirley. I couldn't believe it at first - there was no formal introduction, I just noticed that people seemed to be calling him Shirley or Shirl. When I addressed him, I called him something like Shaerl, because I didn't want to seem to be insulting him by calling him Shirley or Shirl. The other guys made fun of me later, asking me why I was calling him Shaerl. WTF? I wasn't going to call a man Shirl!

Shirl's son's (my friend) name was James. James also had a older brother named JC (JC stood for nothing I was told, his name was JC, period). I hardly knew JC, but James was one of my best friends in those days, back in 1982. James was one of the people who convinced his parents to let me say overnight sometimes because I was homeless. He was a good friend. The last time I saw him was in 1983, almost 40 years ago.

Tonight, while googling James' sister name (her name sounded like "Lisa" but was spelled Leasea), I found out she died in 2020 at the age of 52. Of course her obituary listed her family members. It listed her father, Shirley. And it also listed her two brothers. My friend, who I'd always thought was named James, was actually named Judy. Her brother that I'd always known as JC was actually Sharon. Da fuq? I don't know, maybe it makes sense that a man named Shirley would name his first son Sharon and his second son Judy.

Appalachia is a strange place.

All right Back to my Hamm's and Ten High.
Sounds like these particular hillbillies took Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue a bit too seriously.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I'm so fucked up right now and soon it will be serious face time with my Sealy Posturpedic, if you know what I mean. So just checkin in on this fabulous Sunday nite!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Hugh wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 pm
Any of you guys on Twitter tonight? Holy fuck, that shit is lit. On Elon's first day as new owner he fired four of their top execs.
Musk just put up a poll to vote whether or not he should step down as head of twitter. 52% say yes as of right now.

This twitter shit is getting weird.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:43 pm
Musk just put up a poll to vote whether or not he should step down as head of twitter. 52% say yes as of right now.

This twitter shit is getting weird.
He's prepping the masses for technodemocracy and a possible presidential bid in 2024.

Incidentally, a recent poll found 48% of Americans absolutely do not give a single, solitary shit about anything. Any all.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

He's also a brilliant asshole, albeit, a dangerous one in the Blacklist.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

It's even more impressive when you stumble into your 40's and can still nail it. Bare feet though. i'd fall on my feckin' face if I wore heels. Especially if I was in my 20's. I was more of the combat boot wearin' type. not a flip-flop wearer like my current more lazier years.

Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Can someone tell the admins that new people can not register here because confirmation emails are not being sent to new registrants?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Thre`s only one admin: FKR.
We sadly can`t do anything about it
Drink!