Happy Independence Day, Drunks!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: July 4th

Post by peetie44 »

There was a Fourth of July this year??!?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: 4th of July Cocktails

Post by shawnonious »

Oh, I drank alright.

My number one drinking buddy, who's a gun totin', conservative American, f'd up bad though. We ended up drinking Guiness and Carona (It was his turn to buy booze and that's what he showed up to pick me up with to go to the party). Evil traitor bastard! Two completely non-american beers!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Remember Why You Can Drink and Grill This Weekend

Post by Patchez »

To those who gave the last full measure of devotion to our country. Cheers!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Remember Why You Can Drink and Grill This Weekend

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:To those who gave the last full measure of devotion to our country. Cheers!
Going to wars that shouldn`t be, protecting a freedom that was never there and was never threatened, poor and uneducated enough to sign in and give your life for this shit?
I have a hard time rooting for any troops. Rooting for death is so Daesch
And don`t start the world war crap, hitler was funded by ford, a real antisemite, and the war was hands down won by the red army.
That`s why Obama`s visit to hiroshima is so hyperbole, before war in japan ended the russians were knocking on the door. It was just a testbed for the first nukes.

All that aside, should any of you drunks have lost a father in war, cheers to you, and to not let that happen again. Prosit
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I couldn't give ten crusty shits why a war was started or fought. Politicians are always getting into pissing contests of on sort or another. They leave it to the poor and the working poor , who most of the time joined during peacetime to get money for and education of vocational training or just for a place to fit in and call home. They are the ones to pay the cost. They don't fight for any political ideology. The Machine sends them and they, in the end fight for the guys beside them. I don't expect anyone who hasn't served to get it. This is just how I saw it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

The point isn't about the justness or unjustness of war, or conspiracy bullshit or the politics behind it, or even freedom.

The point is to observe remembrance of those who are gone and those who have given all. What it means to an individual beyond that is their own business, but at a bare minimum we honor our dead. I raise my drink to that.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:The point isn't about the justness or unjustness of war, or conspiracy bullshit or the politics behind it, or even freedom.

The point is to observe remembrance of those who are gone and those who have given all. What it means to an individual beyond that is their own business, but at a bare minimum we honor our dead. I raise my drink to that.
Well said. Cheers!

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

I have 2 younger brothers who are officers stationed overseas right now. I'm part pissed I only get to see them once a year, but mostly I'm insanely proud in what they have accomplished and that they are doing something I could never do.

They have sacrificed, but many have sacrificed so much more.

Cheers to the former and latter.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I; so drunk i shouldnt be allowed in this freedom
Cheers I'm a complete waste of life
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

It ain't about war. It ain't about politicians. It's about beef ribs and beans. It's about drinking until you can't slur your own name, and no longer recognize that old man teabagger the bbq. F... disease. F...death. Drink until the ribs are down, then drink some more. Happy Birthday, USA. OOH-RAH!
like tears in rain

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

BOOH-YEAH!
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Badfellow wrote:The point isn't about the justness or unjustness of war, or conspiracy bullshit or the politics behind it, or even freedom.

With respect, wrong. Thats what Memorial Day is about.
The 4th is a celebration of a people telling a far removed tyranny to fuck off in favor of independence and freedom.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

10 CRUSTY SHITS!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:

With respect, wrong. Thats what Memorial Day is about.
The 4th is a celebration of a people telling a far removed tyranny to fuck off in favor of independence and freedom.
Hehe BF was refering to the memorial day you drunk
Drink!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

An Independence Day Toast, 2017

Post by Dear Booze »

Today is Independence Day in the United States, commemorating the signing of our Declaration of Independence 241 years ago.

Today we honor not only the courage and vision of those who won our independence, but we should also pause to give thanks and remember those things we enjoy as drunkards.

Unless a terrible vocational choice has been made, we are spending the day in drunken splendor. Our founding fathers were wise enough to choose a beautiful summer day with us in mind. We barbeque, we bask in the air conditioned comfort of our homes, huddle together in cool, dark bars, and we blow shit up. Most importantly, we drink. It's our right. We drink as an observation to this right. Hell, it's our duty.

Nobody has the right to tell us not to drink, or what to drink, or how to drink, or how much to drink, or who we can drink with, or where to drink, or when to drink, or to what we will drink.

So join me with a lifted glass and celebrate the freedom to drink. And let's also drink a little for those who are no longer around to join us in this toast.

Cheers to all of you. And cheers to America. Nice job.
DRINK!