Things we're over...enough already!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Things we're over...enough already!

Post by Dear Booze »

Okay. We get it. Everyone has an opinion on everything. That does not give anyone a green light to to be a rude asshole.

Any drinker knows the bars have a simple rule: No talk about religion or politics.

Shame on you for name calling and banning. I thought we were better than that.

Yes we can all have opinions about hot topics in the news. We can all have feelings about right and wrong and justice and injustice. That's our fucking right. But to call people names and ban those who we don't agree with makes this forum no better than Facebook or Twitter.

I would bet that nobody reading this post was present at any of the ultra-politicized events that so many are so wound up about. I would also wager that none have sat on the jury or have even been in the courthouse for the trials of the same cases. But I would bet that each of your opinions have been formed from being spoon-fed your information from the "news" source that you prefer. Bottom line is that none of you are the experts that you think you are.

I'm pleading with all of you. Stop trying to be an evangelist with a mission to spread the word of your beliefs on this forum. That's not what this place is about.

If you are on this MDM board, you are here to share the views of a modern drunkard. So, stop being assholes! Stop fighting about shit you can't control. Stop trying to convince others that you are right and they are wrong. You can't win this fight. So just stop!

This is like the radio; if you don't like what you hear, change the channel. It's not your job to call other people names or to ban them because you don't agree with them.

Mods, be an example. Don't be mean spirited. You know what I'm talking about You are better than that. We are better than that.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out. Are we going to be censored now on this message board because someone might be offended? When someone has no good logical reasoning behind their stated attitudes, they should be called out.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

NOBODY is being banned and NOTHING is EVER censored so calm down everyone. Quashing the propaganda here and now.

Dear Booze is absolutely right. What is of most importance here, is that we should all be considering one's own etiquette in posts and how it comes across to others. Our fellow drunkards are reading this. We want people to feel welcome on the board, not give them a bad taste from crappy conduct that has unfolded here. It's unpleasant and unfun for everyone.

Let's carry on and pour a drink and share some thoughts - even those of differing opinions - in a civilized manner - without derisive or antagonistic remarks. Shall we?

"DRINK!"

Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I think I have to clarify, NYD is not banned! At all. I worded that in a dumb way.

A) That behaviour is unacceptable
B) To a fellow mod nonetheless
C) You don`t post for a year and make this as your comeback!

No scencorship Lush my dear friend everything is fine, we will have a cigarette over it tonight on skype. Okay?!
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

NYDingus wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 am
You are an ignorant schmuck. The question you should be asking is "Why in fuck were those criminals burning down Kenosha??" And NY and LA and Portland. Fuck you, Self defense and defense of property are legitimate.
Honestly, I’m not even offended. I’m just wondering why you’re still a mod and what your contributions are here.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

All political bullshit posts should be contained in the politics and whining section. You know the one no one visits because it's all horseshit.

I agree with keeping this barroom rule. Keep your religious and political views to yourself.

Unless you are preaching the Blessed Word of Bacchus.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Personally I'm over nose hair. Enough is enough.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:40 pm
Just wait for the ear hairs to really kick in. Something to look forward to.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

I'm kinda here thinking people should be able to have a civilized convo without calling someone an " ignorant schmuck."
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:09 pm
I'm kinda here thinking people should be able to have a civilized convo without calling someone an " ignorant schmuck."
This is total bullshit you pink-pantied frog-licker.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:13 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:09 pm
This is total bullshit you pink-pantied frog-licker.
i'll have you know my mum always told me my panties were a wonderful color!!!
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:40 pm
Just wait for the ear hairs to really kick in. Something to look forward to.
Oh it's kicked in. Only the hair on my head is thinning.

JudgeLyonell
Souse
Souse

Post by JudgeLyonell »

"NOBODY is being banned and NOTHING is EVER censored"

Well, that might explain my moderator powers being quashed. I love nothing like logging in every few years and banning the shit out of something. And editing posts to make them cringeworthy.

Not for nothing, for a period of about 2 years I was the only guy doing it. Took out the trash in those days I'll tell ya. Palinka then came back and showed what an amature I was at it.

Speaking of the departed old souse....I think he's in Summertown, Tennessee. I was driving through that burg in the Tennessee hills last week and there in a field was a police box. I bet the ground at the cemetary in England is slightly lower. Time traveling zombie, out drinking zombies.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

JudgeLyonell wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:32 am

Speaking of the departed old souse....I think he's in Summertown, Tennessee. I was driving through that burg in the Tennessee hills last week and there in a field was a police box. I bet the ground at the cemetary in England is slightly lower. Time traveling zombie, out drinking zombies.
People said: "Even for a zombie he stumbled a lot"
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:10 am
JudgeLyonell wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:32 am

People said: "Even for a zombie he stumbled a lot"
I my experience, zombies are really shitty drunks, can't hold their liquor, and no stories or jokes to tell. Dragons on the other hand, and trolls, not the internet kind, but forest trolls, demons, can't say a lot, but I've drank with more than a few.