Things we're over...enough already!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Things we're over...enough already!

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:30 am
My asshole dog.

I love him, and he's a cute lil shit...For those of you who have had the misfortune of encountering our dog on drunkard Skype, you already know what a d-head he is....He wasn't a complete d-wad like our current one....He's also been known more than once to come in from outside and then shit on the floor...
Just out of curiosity, why do you censor "dick", but not "shit"?
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:03 pm
My asshole dog.

I love him, and he's a cute lil shit...For those of you who have had the misfortune of encountering our dog on drunkard Skype, you already know what a d-head he is....He wasn't a complete d-wad like our current one....He's also been known more than once to come in from outside and then shit on the floor...
Just out of curiosity, why do you censor "dick", but not "shit"?
I dunno. Because shit just means poop I guess?
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Why I like cats more than dogs, there, I've said it.
Totally. We have two cats. Ten times more pleasant and low maintenance.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I hate in movies when there's a fight scene and someone inevitably (almost ALWAYS women) jumps on someone's back. When has that ever worked out? At least find a lamp or some makeshift weapon to crack them over the skull with if you have an opportunity to come at them from behind.

While we're on the topic, I have ranted on this before somewhere on the board but kicking one in the nether regions is highly under-utilized in fight scenes and I find that rather disappointing. If anything would work easily and quickly, it's that. I wish I had a dollar for every time I was shouting at the television "Kick 'em in the balls! Kick 'em in the balls!".
Okole maluna!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:29 am
I hate in movies when there's a fight scene and someone inevitably (almost ALWAYS women) jumps on someone's back. When has that ever worked out? At least find a lamp or some makeshift weapon to crack them over the skull with if you have an opportunity to come at them from behind.

While we're on the topic, I have ranted on this before somewhere on the board but kicking one in the nether regions is highly under-utilized in fight scenes and I find that rather disappointing. If anything would work easily and quickly, it's that. I wish I had a dollar for every time I was shouting at the television "Kick 'em in the balls! Kick 'em in the balls!".
This is so true. No one could possibly think that a Hollywood starlet living off a diet of boiled kale and soy milk could take down one of these meatheads by jumping on their back. A blunt instrument to his blunt instruments is the only way.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I think they avoid using the obvious kick in the balls because most fight scenes would pretty much end right there. Unless the charachter had cast iron testicles.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am
I think they avoid using the obvious kick in the balls because most fight scenes would pretty much end right there. Unless the charachter had cast iron testicles.
Or unless you’re this guy.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

One of those prison documentaries was showing a prison yard brawl and one of the combatants was repeatedly punching the other in the groin but they were still going after multiple blows.

The French Foreign Legion teaches groin punches for hand-to-hand combat and I think some Israeli spy unit does too. Can't remember when or where I heard this though.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:57 pm
One of those prison documentaries was showing a prison yard brawl and one of the combatants was repeatedly punching the other in the groin but they were still going after multiple blows.

The French Foreign Legion teaches groin punches for hand-to-hand combat and I think some Israeli spy unit does too. Can't remember when or where I heard this though.

Yes! Although I agree with SA that when it comes to movies, it is for the purpose of entertainment, too easy to PWN the fight by blunt force trauma to the crotch. But as Hugh said, I have also known people who suffered gratuitous violence to the nethers and didn't even flinch from it and that would make for a good fight. The guy I knew like that wasn't in any special forces or anything. We used to wrestle and me being the dirty fighter that I am, went for every groin shot I could and he was unfazed. It was unreal, quite frankly.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

My asshole dog.

I love him, and he's a cute lil shit but I'm totally over him sometimes. For those of you who have had the misfortune of encountering our dog on drunkard Skype, you already know what a d-head he is. But for those of you who don't know him...I have to say I've never experienced a dog like this- EVER!

Now this dog isn't my first rodeo. Not only have I had dogs my entire life, I've also dog sat -in house- so I've had experience with all sorts of dog breeds and personalities. AND he's a Pomeranian (with papers) which I've also owned previously.

Aside from barking excessively, which has been covered previously somewhere on this board, he barks at me specifically when I look at him for too long, when I dance in his presence, and when I laugh at him- which that one I sorta get. He also has this gnarly demanding bark different from other barks when he wants in from outside when we don't let him inside quickly enough. Yeah, yeah people say Pomeranian's are barkers but that is purely case by case because my previous one wasn't. He was a normal barker that barked at "out of the ordinary" things as a good guard dog would. He wasn't a complete d-wad like our current one.

He also has to be let outside at least 30 times a day to potty -including overnight- which makes no sense when he spends a large portion of the day outdoors while we are BBQing etc. Do dogs get IBS? Do dogs "break the seal"? I don't get it. That is so not normal and I've never had dogs wake me up in the middle of the night to pee unless it was an extreme emergency. He's also been known more than once to come in from outside and then shit on the floor. It's like he tries to be annoying. To put the icing on the cake...he also has a recurring problem of getting literal crap all over his ass fur as well. Never had a dog with that problem either. Maybe he is special needs?

Lastly, he barks at his food and then scratches all the kibble out of his bowl and scatters it all over the kitchen floor and then barks at each individual piece. Every. Single. Day.

oettinger can back me up on this because he shares the same unfortunate experiences and there is zero exaggeration here.. I just wish we could send him to a day care or the dog sitter or something for a break like tired and worn out parents get to do with their children. Thankfully there is this nice woman who walks her dogs in the nearby woods that sometimes takes him with her for a few hours and I feel like I'm at a day spa or something when he's away. Finally some peace!
like tears in rain

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

My asshole dog.

I love him, and he's a cute lil shit but I'm totally over him sometimes. For those of you who have had the misfortune of encountering our dog on drunkard Skype, you already know what a d-head he is. But for those of you who don't know him...I have to say I've never experienced a dog like this- EVER!

Now this dog isn't my first rodeo. Not only have I had dogs my entire life, I've also dog sat -in house- so I've had experience with all sorts of dog breeds and personalities. AND he's a Pomeranian (with papers) which I've also owned previously.

Aside from barking excessively, which has been covered previously somewhere on this board, he barks at me specifically when I look at him for too long, when I dance in his presence, and when I laugh at him- which that one I sorta get. He also has this gnarly demanding bark different from other barks when he wants in from outside when we don't let him inside quickly enough. Yeah, yeah people say Pomeranian's are barkers but that is purely case by case because my previous one wasn't. He was a normal barker that barked at "out of the ordinary" things as a good guard dog would. He wasn't a complete d-wad like our current one.

He also has to be let outside at least 30 times a day to potty -including overnight- which makes no sense when he spends a large portion of the day outdoors while we are BBQing etc. Do dogs get IBS? Do dogs "break the seal"? I don't get it. That is so not normal and I've never had dogs wake me up in the middle of the night to pee unless it was an extreme emergency. He's also been known more than once to come in from outside and then shit on the floor. It's like he tries to be annoying. To put the icing on the cake...he also has a recurring problem of getting literal crap all over his ass fur as well. Never had a dog with that problem either. Maybe he is special needs?

Lastly, he barks at his food and then scratches all the kibble out of his bowl and scatters it all over the kitchen floor and then barks at each individual piece. Every. Single. Day.

oettinger can back me up on this because he shares the same unfortunate experiences and there is zero exaggeration here.. I just wish we could send him to a day care or the dog sitter or something for a break like tired and worn out parents get to do with their children. Thankfully there is this nice woman who walks her dogs in the nearby woods that sometimes takes him with her for a few hours and I feel like I'm at a day spa or something when he's away. Finally some peace!
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Ummmmmmmmmmm
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Gee, thanks drunkards, for all the valuable input on my asshole dog. Tis appreciated!
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Enough of this covid hysteria and fucking mandates. I'm going to be a 2nd class citizen next week because where I live the assholes on the city council who know more than you, have passed a vax mandate. Bars, restaurants, gyms, barber shops and hair salons will require proof of vax. Fuck them! So I can't work out anymore at the health club and will have to start cutting my own hair, unless I want to drive to Orange Co. It's the fucking stupid people that vote for these asshole council critters! Florida has no mandates and the lowest covid case rate in the country! It's over. It's no worse than regular flu from the CDC's own numbers. It's a power grab to put you in total enslavement, killing you with a bloodclot shot!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Fuck mandates